This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pro Wrestling: Other Federations
  3. Anyone check out the new Russo podcast?

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
1 month ago#1
Matt Koon (Conrad Thompson’s buddy) has been trying to break into the podcast game, and now is doing with Russo something like Conrad does with Prichard. It just launched last week. The first episode was Russo winning the WCW title. The second one is Hogan in TNA.

So far, it’s pretty good. Koon’s voice is much better than Conrad’s - not so Deep South. He pushes a lot more than Jeff Lane ever did, obviously. The one on him winning the belt was interesting. TNA show is much more interesting though.
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: Byuusetsu

Byuusetsu
1 month ago#2
Think I'd rather blow my brains out than listen to a podcast where Russo talks about himself
2017 PWB Great Balls Champion
PSN and Steam - Byuusetsu

AndreLeGeant
1 month ago#3
Byuusetsu posted...
Think I'd rather blow my brains out than listen to a podcast where Russo talks about himself

It’s actually pretty interesting. The Hogan in TNA show is better though. Going into how Karen cheated on Kurt with Jarrett and Dixie’s reaction. And TNA sounds like a bunch of marks having parties after every taping, which is how Karen and Jeff hooked up.
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: Suborbion

Suborbion
1 month ago#4
can't keep Andre away from these podcasts
https://i.imgtc.com/xww2OoB.jpg

AndreLeGeant
1 month ago#5
Suborbion posted...

Nope. 1h 40m train rides each day to/from work. Gotta spend time somehow. But the Hogan episode just dropped.

Jarrett purposefully made Dixie feel inept to keep her away from the business. She freaked over the affair and Kurt nearly quitting. She felt betrayed. She fired Dutch and Cornette to punish Jeff, then sent Jeff home. Good dirt here.

Dixie tried to hire Jim Ross to run the company. He met the Carter family and made plans with Russo. Then it fell through. Russo thinks Ross wanted 100% control, and Dixie didn’t want to lose the butt kissing.

User Info: Snake

Snake
1 month ago#6
Will ultimately be more of the same. Deflecting all blame and criticism for his bulls*** booking onto everyone else never taking responsibility for ruining products. Without Vince McMahon he's always been a hack who thinks way too highly of himself as a booker.

Unfortunately he's a master manipulator who has an ability to talk in ways that make him seem like the victim and that he knows what he's talking about, which is probably why he kept getting booking jobs and had Dixie wrapped around his finger in TNA and why people still actually defend the guy. He suckers them into his bulls*** arguments.
Are you not....entertained!?

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#7
I'm not a masochist.
http://i.imgur.com/o5pUVdM.jpg

User Info: ad_Talking_He

ad_Talking_He
1 month ago#8
AndreLeGeant posted...
Suborbion posted...

Nope. 1h 40m train rides each day to/from work.

you never fail to tell us how much money you’re earning, just live closer
http://i.imgur.com/Pf0U6kY.jpg
https://i.imgtc.com/BcoJolF.png

AndreLeGeant
1 month ago#9
ad_Talking_He posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...
Suborbion posted...

Nope. 1h 40m train rides each day to/from work.

you never fail to tell us how much money you’re earning, just live closer

How much money do I make?

Snake posted...
Will ultimately be more of the same. Deflecting all blame and criticism for his bulls*** booking onto everyone else never taking responsibility for ruining products. Without Vince McMahon he's always been a hack who thinks way too highly of himself as a booker.

Unfortunately he's a master manipulator who has an ability to talk in ways that make him seem like the victim and that he knows what he's talking about, which is probably why he kept getting booking jobs and had Dixie wrapped around his finger in TNA and why people still actually defend the guy. He suckers them into his bulls*** arguments.

Can say the same about Cornette, Jarrett, Bischoff, Prichard, etc. That said, in TNA, it’s an unfair criticism as Jarrett was in charge except for a brief window before Bischoff was in charge.

AndreLeGeant
1 month ago#10
Anyway, other interesting tidbits:

Hogan was nice and legitimately wanted to help. Russo thinks Bischoff is a parasite on him.

Dixie was star struck over Hogan.

They tried to bring Bret in before they did that live Monday show. Hogan nixed it with creative control.

They nearly brought Heyman in. Dixie let him meet with Spike by himself. Russo’s reaction was, he will just tell them how only he can save the company. They didn’t hire Heyman but after that meeting Spike wanted an executive producer.

The first blowup was over hiring the Nasties.

The real damage from Bischoff was going on the road. Bischoff didn’t understand how TNA’s situation was different from WCW’s.

Sting had to miss a taping because of family stuff. Bischoff wanted to fire him. Was the one time Dixie said no to Eric.
  1. Boards
  2. Pro Wrestling: Other Federations
  3. Anyone check out the new Russo podcast?
  • Topic Archived