• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Legend of Mana
  3. NPC Characters (Spoiler)

User Info: beatumdown

beatumdown
6 months ago#1
Finally got the Jumi story line done. Though I have beaten this game years ago and this was my first time completing the Jumi arc of the game. Its great being able to have Blackpearl as a partner anytime I want. Spitting out super moves all day is very fun. :D

I do have a small little rant though. I really really wish that they gave the man and woman version of the main character different SYNCRO abilities. The woman main character is my main save file that I play. However I did start up a second save file as the man main character on a separate memory card for a variety of reasons.

#1 To abuse the Bomb Factory Pawn Shop function. (I'll explain in another thread later)
#2 To screw around with the arena battle function in Geo.
#3 To screw around with the 2-Player main character transport function in from the vacant house in Domino. This function can also be implemented from the Geo arena a well instead of fighting.

So yeah of course apart from the main characters being man and woman they are pretty much the same. Worse is that by not giving them a different syncro ability to make them a least a little unique from each other. :)

So yeah Blackpearl, Elazul, Larc, Sierra, Niccolo, Escad, Deana, got cool unique signature moves. They could have gave Bud, Lisa, Ellle, Pearl, Esmeralda (latter only usable for a short time during a quest) some unique magic spell at least. :)

Lastly why can't both Escad and Deana live? I guess there has to be some sort of tragedy in a story. LoL

Good thing is just about every monster can potentially join your side as a pet, on top of manufacturing your own Golem through that somewhat complicated procedure. I am still learning it though.
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
3DS FC~Beatumdown:3711-9502-4467 & Beatumup:3969-7378-0441

User Info: DragonBlood87

DragonBlood87
6 months ago#2
In fairness, the MC's synchro effect is arguably one of the better ones for NPCs and pets to be receiving, and NPCs and pets really don't benefit much from received synchro effects in general (since their AI is such garbage). The main benefit would have been from having a 2nd human player control a loaded MC, and that's already usually ridiculously broken anyways.
Atheism - A non-prophet organization.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits

User Info: beatumdown

beatumdown
6 months ago#3
DragonBlood87 posted...
In fairness, the MC's synchro effect is arguably one of the better ones for NPCs and pets to be receiving, and NPCs and pets really don't benefit much from received synchro effects in general (since their AI is such garbage). The main benefit would have been from having a 2nd human player control a loaded MC, and that's already usually ridiculously broken anyways.

The A.I. is definitely wack! That I agree with you wholeheartedly. LoL

Hunting rare items and materials with my Polter Box pet had me going crazy because it would move out of Synchro range before the final hit. :/

As far as a loaded 2 player. I was going to stop playing my second file once he reached the Junkyard and unlocked the Bomb Factory Pawn Shop. However I have been getting him some great gear so I might push him forward as well. That way he will be loaded to.
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
3DS FC~Beatumdown:3711-9502-4467 & Beatumup:3969-7378-0441

User Info: Gnessim

Gnessim
2 months ago#4
beatumdown posted...
tragedy in a story. LoL
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/1/4/2/AAXdX1AAAoj-.jpg
Very tragedy. Much ROFLMAO.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Legend of Mana