• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Legend of Mana
  3. This gamee needs a remake

User Info: Bryan_Skull

Bryan_Skull
6 months ago#1
Topic. This is my favorite legend of mana.
I am an ArchLich. My magic can't be beaten.

User Info: beatumdown

beatumdown
6 months ago#2
That would be nice. I just got back into playing this myself. Trying to get all the rare drops and materials. :)
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
3DS FC~Beatumdown:3711-9502-4467 & Beatumup:3969-7378-0441

User Info: Bryan_Skull

Bryan_Skull
6 months ago#3
beatumdown posted...
That would be nice. I just got back into playing this myself. Trying to get all the rare drops and materials. :)

The in game books could be change to correct data. I love this game.
I am an ArchLich. My magic can't be beaten.

beatumdown
6 months ago#4
Bryan_Skull posted...
The in game books could be change to correct data. I love this game.

I am a fan of the entire Mana series. However this old gem ranks in my top. :)

I am still having issues getting my hands on some Altena Alloy. :/

User Info: DragonBlood87

DragonBlood87
6 months ago#5
beatumdown posted...
I am a fan of the entire Mana series. However this old gem ranks in my top. :)

I am still having issues getting my hands on some Altena Alloy. :/

It's not too difficult to get a few pieces per playthrough (there's a few example maps in the Guides section), but honestly, it's not that great of a material. It's alright if you don't want to do any tempering or figuring out which material would be best for a given piece of equipment (since it has reasonably high values across the board), but for any given piece of equipment, there are at least a few different materials that are better and which aren't exclusively available as event rewards.
Atheism - A non-prophet organization.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits

beatumdown
6 months ago#6
DragonBlood87 posted...
It's not too difficult to get a few pieces per playthrough (there's a few example maps in the Guides section), but honestly, it's not that great of a material. It's alright if you don't want to do any tempering or figuring out which material would be best for a given piece of equipment (since it has reasonably high values across the board), but for any given piece of equipment, there are at least a few different materials that are better and which aren't exclusively available as event rewards.

You have a great point. I have found that Fullmetal and Adamantine, and in some cases Gaeus's Tears is a better material for crafting armor and weapons. However I want Altena Alloy (at least one piece) for completion purposes and its the second best material for making magic instruments next to Dior Wood. :)

User Info: DragonBlood87

DragonBlood87
6 months ago#7
beatumdown posted...
and its the second best material for making magic instruments next to Dior Wood.

It's the second most powerful, sure. But spells are weak in general, and are more useful for controlling combat and attacking from a distance than they are for doing large amounts of damage. The difference between a 96 power LorimarIron Flute and a 108 power AltenaAlloy Flute is not really very noticeable, in my experience.
Atheism - A non-prophet organization.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits

beatumdown
6 months ago#8
DragonBlood87 posted...
It's the second most powerful, sure. But spells are weak in general, and are more useful for controlling combat and attacking from a distance than they are for doing large amounts of damage. The difference between a 96 power LorimarIron Flute and a 108 power AltenaAlloy Flute is not really very noticeable, in my experience.

Spells get the job done for me in Normal, and half of Nightmare. I don't use at all magic in No Future mode. :D

User Info: Gnessim

Gnessim
3 months ago#9
It's begging for a remake, but imagine the developers having to remake it...
They're gonna HAVE to EXPLAIN the tempering system, which the original never did.
And reinvent UI that would make all the different mechanics clearly apparent in the game.
I'm pretty sure this makes this a nightmare project that no publisher will sing off to.

Indies could tackle this, however, if they can weave through the lawyer ambushes.

User Info: Calmlander

Calmlander
1 month ago#10
There is one spell that I think is really useful, the Black Prison. Is not about power, it creates a donut of energy around the caster and send enemies away, so is great to keep baddies at bay and fight them one by one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWkvyeAu0E
  1. Boards
  2. Legend of Mana
  3. This gamee needs a remake
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A