• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Legend of Mana
  3. Secrets and Missables

User Info: Becko

Becko
11 years ago#1
Hello, at last I got my copy from eBay and about to start for the first time this game,

As far as I know these are all the missable ?

"Li'l Cactus" before the "Cosmo"
"Daddy's Broom" before "Heaven's Gate/Crimson Dragon/Teardrop Crystal"
"Where's Putty" before "Catchin' Lilipeas"
"Gilbert: Love is Blind" before "Gilbert: School Amour"
"The Wisdom of Gaeus" before "The Flame of Hope"

If I'm missing anything else please let me know,

also as for secrets goes... is there any more besides the chocobo pet and SaGa Frontier Sword... ? ins't any other way to get the sword ?

thanks =)

User Info: Vilurum

Vilurum
11 years ago#2
The secrets involving saves of other games, it's important to note, do not get you anything that you couldn't get on your own.

FF8: Chocobo pet instead of rabite pet from Monster Corral. However, both chocobos (aerial) and rabites (beast) can be obtained quite naturally through monster eggs, as can a wide selection of pets which are more useful than either of them.

Chocobo Racing: After Catchin' Lilipeas you get a short (and pointless) scene on the map of Polpota, and receive the "Fastest Wheel" ring (forget the material, nothing too impressive if I recall), which naturally has the "fast revival" special effect. You can temper this on to a ring yourself if you want it, and furthermore you can have your tempered ring give better stat boosts and/or more defense than the Fastest Wheel. Or you can temper a ring identical to it.

SaGa Frontier 2: After Ghost of Nemesis and before finishing Crimson Dragon, you can revisit the Bone Fortress to fight Deathbringer 2. (This is true, down to the limited time range, whether or not you have the save.) If you have the save you get another short/pointless scene beforehand, and receive the "Heishishorin" 2h sword afterward. While the sword is nice enough (AltenaAlloy, so it has decent attack power for an untempered weapon), and even has +1 to a stat or two... you can still blow it out of the water with a tempered weapon, or even forge/temper a weapon identical to it if you like.

Do make sure to revisit Bone Fortress to fight Deathbringer 2 before he becomes unavailable (because that's a concern regardless of SF2 save), but otherwise you can summarize the above three paragraphs as "don't sweat the extra stuff from saves".

And there are other events to be concerned with besides those. For one thing, there's quite a number of events that can be *failed* (very often simply by returning Home after starting them, which boots the NPC out of your party). A few others that come to mind:

"Huntin' Du'Cate" before "Catchin' Lilipeas"
"The Lost Princess" before "The Looking-Glass Tower"
"Pee-Wee Birdie" before, well, poking his egg so much that his egg breaks. (Don't poke the egg!)

If memory serves, there may be some conflict amongst the various Duma Desert events (Reach for the Stars, The Blessed Elixir, The Wimpy Thugling, Fluorite), but perhaps not.

Also, note that a few events require specific mana levels in their lands simply to trigger them in the first place. Make sure Duma gets 3 dryad for "The Wimpy Thugling", and you'll have to place the Tree of Mana next to Domina to get 3 wisp and 3 salamander for "Pee-Wee Birdie" and 3 shade for "Seeing Double". (You can get Seeing Double without using the tree, but it's impossible to get Pee-Wee Birdie - let alone both of them - unless you use the tree.)
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)

Becko
11 years ago#3
Such a honor to get a reply from a high-end level member, thanks Vilurum, I'm about to start enjoying this jewel. With all these tips I may be able to get all the secrets and missions in the first round. =)

User Info: LancetJades

LancetJades
11 years ago#4
FastestWheel is still unique, because not only is the name more than 10 characters, but it has the "untempered" property, preventing its sale in Prof Bomb's trade service. Same for all of the other special equipment you can get (mostly oversized names).

As for VERY easily missable stuff... SwordofFate from Elazul in the mission where you choose him or Pearl (it's near the end of that arc). Get it by choosing Pearl, then talking to Elazul before leaving that room. You want Pearl anyways, believe me.
A beautiful loss is still a loss, and an ugly win is still a win.

User Info: Sariel

Sariel
11 years ago#5
There are 3 events that open sections at your house. If you do not speak to Lil' Cactus after each of these, you will never get the entries for them in his Diary.
Sariel V -
"I just diagrammed this sentence and drew a pentagram. Is that bad?" - OutlawDino

Becko
11 years ago#6
Well basically after each mission I need to speak to the cactus so he can write it up on the diary, right ? at the beginning I lost a few ones though, but now I know I need to speak every time I completed a mission.

User Info: Sariel

Sariel
11 years ago#7
Well, the ones you missed you can get another chance at in a New Game+, excpet for the 3 Imentioned.
Sariel V -
"I just diagrammed this sentence and drew a pentagram. Is that bad?" - OutlawDino

Becko
11 years ago#8
Where are those 3 events in the game time-line though ?

So far I have access to the monster farm, and to the fruit tree,

User Info: Vilurum

Vilurum
11 years ago#9
5 events, actually:

Mana Orchards (opens orchard)
Monster Corral (opens corral)
Golem Go Make 'em (opens golem workshop)
Enchanted Instruments 101 (opens instrument workshop)
Path of the Blacksmith (opens tempering workshop)

Although I heard - secondhand, never tried it myself - that any of these that you *do* but don't *record* with Li'l Cactus, will be added to the Cactus Diaries anyway when you New Game+. Like I said though, I haven't tried it myself, and if that turns out not to be the case then those Cactus Diary entries would be permanently missing (because those events stay completed in New Game+, and you can only report to Li'l Cactus about your very most recently completed event).
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)

Becko
11 years ago#10
Thanks for the replays,

By the way I'll use this same thread as "question & help" thread,

Currently I'm doing the Li'l Cactus quest, but I'm stuck I need to speak to David the pirate on SS Buccaner, where is he ? on Madora Beach ? didn't find it there.
  1. Boards
  2. Legend of Mana
  3. Secrets and Missables
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A