You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ages of Mages: The last keeper
  3. Pretty fun game despite lack of polish

User Info: Tibbatron

Tibbatron
3 months ago#1
I've put in about 4 hours so far and I'm pleasantly surprised. Playing with my wife and son and we are having fun with it. The game definitely has a low budget feel, but haven't had any bugs so far.

Each wizard feels very different, from their regular attacks to the bigger spells they can utilize.

Multiplayer can be difficult, as splitting the xp seems to really keep certain underperforming members of the group at a level disadvantage. We have had to replay a few levels several times to help my son catch up.

The combat is pretty basic, but the abilities and leveling up are enough to keep us pushing forward.

There are a few odd decisions with the game that really detract from the overall experience. When you go to a new stage you dont heal. Considering you lose any xp you gain dying on a stage that doesn't level you up, it can be a tad difficult to progress at times.

The weapon system is never explained. The stats dont make much sense, and if you die you lose your weapon. It appears that certain weapons later in the game add special attacks when you get a combo so high but I've only seen a handful of them so far.

Despite the weapon and health recovery/xp loss.... and typos... we are really enjoying the game. Definitely a fun game to play with the family, but probably not enough there to be a interesting single player game.
Currently playing-
Dragon Quest V, Castlevania Harmony of Despair, The Forest, Shining Force collection
  1. Boards
  2. Ages of Mages: The last keeper
  3. Pretty fun game despite lack of polish