You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Should i play this on PS4 or Switch ?

User Info: zog79

zog79
1 month ago#1
I bought the game on PS4 last year, but it went straight to my backlog.
Had too many games to play, but now i want to start playing, thing is, the game is now on Switch too.
Now i'm tempted to buy it on Switch for portability. I love playing in my bed.

Is it worth ot to buy the game again and spend money on the Switch version in your opinion or is the port "worse" than the PS4 version ?
Should i sacrifice portability and keep my money because i already have the game ?

Performances seems great, but immersion will be better on a big screen for that kind of game right ?
Any advice is more than welcome, thanks :)

(English being not my native language, i hope you will forgive any mistake, thanks)
Every gaming system is great, grow up.
Stop defending plastic, it's ridiculous.

User Info: GundamFanT

GundamFanT
1 month ago#2
I'm playing both those versions back to back as we speak. My thoughts:

Ps4:
Better graphics
Larger player base and community (so far)
Bit more stable framerates
Trophies
Servers aren't constantly down for pawn sharing
Easier to swap psn ID's than friend codes

Switch:
Portable
Travis Touchdown is supposed to be a unique pain at some point

I realize that makes it seem like I'm biased against the switch but I am truly enjoying playing there too, though hopefully they fix the server issues soon. If portability matters to you over all the other things I listed then you won't be sorry you got it for Switch. My ultimate recommendation would be to play both versions and do different builds for each, like I'm doing.
Psn/GT: GundamFanT Nintendo Code: SW-1394-8994-8299
"I want EVERYTHING. And I want to TAKE IT MYSELF!"

zog79
1 month ago#3
GundamFanT posted...
I'm playing both those versions back to back as we speak. My thoughts:

Ps4:
Better graphics
Trophies
Servers aren't constantly down for pawn sharing
Easier to swap psn ID's than friend codes

Switch:
Portable
Travis Touchdown is supposed to be a unique pain at some point

I realize that makes it seem like I'm biased against the switch but I am truly enjoying playing there too, though hopefully they fix the server issues soon. If portability matters to you over all the other things I listed then you won't be sorry you got it for Switch. My ultimate recommendation would be to play both versions and do different builds for each, like I'm doing.

Thanks a lot for the list, that's exactly what i'm looking for !
There is larger player base on PS4 even with the recent release on Switch ? i had no clue lol.

Hum... i might keep my money for now, i dunno, i don't really care about trophies but server issues are a big no no.

Feel free to add more feedback guys :)

GundamFanT
1 month ago#4
Yeah the game has a very dedicated fan base and you'll find a ton still active on both the ps4 and xbox one versions. I have no doubt the Switch playerbase will grow too but it may take some time..and yeah, it sucks that the servers keep having problems. Hopefully they fix that soon.

However you experience it, I just hope you give the game a try. It's really good.

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 month ago#5
For me jts harder to play on ps4. Having it portable is more immersive for me, I can unwind better and the game looks rather good on the switch portable mode imo
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: s_dubs

s_dubs
1 month ago#6
Switch has really poor audio mixing and the music is all around glitched.

Combat music has a tendency to never end even after combat has ended until you force a load. It can even persist through cutscenes.

And as mentioned, the audio mixing is all around low quality. The audio is very quiet in general, but dialogue during cutscenes in particular is abysmal. I can max my TVs volume and still can barely hear what is being said.

That's really the only true negative about this version. No other version had these audio issues, and there's no telling if they'll ever fix it.
psn: http://psnprofiles.com/smward87
FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1820490/

zog79
1 month ago#7
Thanks for the warning.
I head some issues about pop-in, it's the same on PS4 right ?

User Info: ObsceneAnarchy

ObsceneAnarchy
1 month ago#8
GundamFanT posted...
Ps4:
Better graphics

If you consider additional blur effects "better graphics" then sure. As for the case for Crash Bandicoot, you can barely tell the difference unless you go out of your way to look for them. Just like the people that complain about pop ups, which are mostly little things like grass, It's so minor that you come off as petty for complaining about it.
Brawl #: 2019-9336-9320

GundamFanT
1 month ago#9
ObsceneAnarchy posted...
GundamFanT posted...
Ps4:
Better graphics

If you consider additional blur effects "better graphics" then sure. As for the case for Crash Bandicoot, you can barely tell the difference unless you go out of your way to look for them. Just like the people that complain about pop ups, which are mostly little things like grass, It's so minor that you come off as petty for complaining about it.

No, I consider the the overall sharpness and longer draw distances "better" graphics. Especially on a ps4 pro. Not the biggest deal and I wasn't complaining about anything. Just discussing differences with TC. Not sure why you're so touchy about that. The game is great wherever you play it. *shrugs*

User Info: Jmanghan

Jmanghan
1 month ago#10
I'd say the "stable" frame-rate is about to be wrong, if we get a switch pro, or boost mode is unlocked, we could be looking at higher frame-rates.

The Switch version has a totally unlocked frame-rate, so we're looking at upwards of 40FPS to possibly even 50, while PS4 is LOCKED at 30.
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Zoth. | Switch Friend Code: SW-7147-6139-3120. | Switch Pawn ID: 9B5D-90(Or O)C3-1675.
Love SSBU, Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma, and BoTW :)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Should i play this on PS4 or Switch ?