• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Just started the game, anything I should know?

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 month ago#21
Pirat posted...
thanks. its true, i read a lot about magic archer. i think ill try this.

This is not a very popular opinion but try using the staff as the primary wep. In combination with your bow you have complete freedom to cast and combo abilities. Nothing like binding 10 enemies together and blasting them all at the same time with comestion xD.

You are on tight places with many enemies coming for you? No problem! Ricochet their assess to death!

Have a have a huge crowd of annoying enemies? Bind them together and they wont be able to attack while you blast them with magic.

Of the rogues, the magick archer have the most control over enemies while the others are strictly single target damage for the most part. The low health damage boost abilities are extremely easy to use with this class and ranger.

Actually, mystic knight and magick archer are the only classes that specialize on controling enemies, mystic knight being less so.
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: Goku61394

Goku61394
1 month ago#22
It night not be a while for you or anyone else but make sure you get the augment that increases damage done at night(you get it from the assassin vocation). Whenever you go to BBI(BitterBlack Isle) put that augment on and you'll always do more damage as it's always considered night on BBI.
Member of both KODM and Prism Island
3DS FC: 3884-1295-8517 IGN: Phineas Calling it now 2019 Pokemon is a D/P remake.

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 month ago#23
Goku61394 posted...
It night not be a while for you or anyone else but make sure you get the augment that increases damage done at night(you get it from the assassin vocation). Whenever you go to BBI(BitterBlack Isle) put that augment on and you'll always do more damage as it's always considered night on BBI.

I actually didn't know this. Will do!
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

Goku61394
1 month ago#24
Fairycancel posted...
Goku61394 posted...

I actually didn't know this. Will do!

Also the damage percent increase from both fighter and warrior stack with each other(not 100% sure it stacks with the assassin one as well but I think it does) as well as the mage and sorc ones too.
3DS FC: 3884-1295-8517 IGN: Phineas Calling it now 2019 Pokemon is a D/P remake.

User Info: tenchi1981

tenchi1981
1 month ago#25
It may appear to be night all the time on bbi but the augment only works when its night on the main continent
tenchi134 lina 200 ranger Psn tenchi132 pawn liby 200 strider
Switch dd:da pawn 1546-6860-4898 lina 61 warrior

Goku61394
1 month ago#26
tenchi1981 posted...
It may appear to be night all the time on bbi but the augment only works when its night on the main continent

It does work on BBI. I saw video a while ago of someone testing it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Just started the game, anything I should know?
  • Topic Archived