• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Does this game get harder?

User Info: Marvelvenim

Marvelvenim
1 month ago#1
This is my first playthrough and I’ve already killed 3 ogres at lvl 18. What quests/ side quest should I do now if I’m looking for a challenge? I just finished the mission underneath Grand Soren.
The official Pokey Minch of the Smash Ultimate board.

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 month ago#2
Marvelvenim posted...
This is my first playthrough and I’ve already killed 3 ogres at lvl 18. What quests/ side quest should I do now if I’m looking for a challenge? I just finished the mission underneath Grand Soren.

Psh, you should have done that mission first before going around lol. Play a mage, have a rather hard start. The expansion pack gets pretty hard and you can always restart hard mode if you want. Grinding in this game will make it easier just like any other rpg.
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: EternalsGoku

EternalsGoku
1 month ago#3
I'm in my 20's and going out at night is a crap-shoot sometimes. Walking into a group of armored bandits is really bad news. The bigger enemies are surprisingly easier than I expected, but I've only fought those in the daylight so far...
How's your map looking? I can tell you where a chimera like from the intro is at...but I rather be you explore yourself
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn255/5EMTwE/GFaqs/Houston.jpg

User Info: TwilightPhase

TwilightPhase
1 month ago#5
TC, Definitely play the game on hard. I think if you are doing well at level 18, you haven't had the pleasure of running into armored bandits or a chimera in the wild. Chimeras, if they hit you with a swipe once or you get hit by a stray fireball, you usually get one-shot. This is of course until you get awesome gear. I don't think you have gotten to NG+ yet nor any high end gear as you only just made your first visit to The Everfall.
Phase - Switch Friend Code 5749-8862-0487

User Info: Solonly

Solonly
1 month ago#6
This is the first time I've played this game, playing on hard right now.Around your level I came across a chimera with a posse of lizards that took me 3 hours to figure out. When I finally did, I blazed through it in like 2 minutes. Very satisfying encounter!

F bandits though.

Tldr; Fight a chimera on hard. Good place to start
You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in? - Sabin

User Info: JMLSP

JMLSP
1 month ago#7
fight the drake in the woods...
FC: SW-7415-9552-8507 pawn: Marina - quick casting sorceress in progress!

User Info: ScavengerDan

ScavengerDan
1 month ago#8
JMLSP posted...

Which woods?

User Info: Yasukima

Yasukima
1 month ago#9
Ogres? Or Cyclopes?
Sika lvl 47 Strider/Pawn ID: 3520-8A30-09A3
SW-0651-6064-2242

User Info: JMLSP

JMLSP
1 month ago#10
ScavengerDan posted...
JMLSP posted...

Which woods?

Forgot the name, it is the one near the exit of the quarry, near the shadow fort
FC: SW-7415-9552-8507 pawn: Marina - quick casting sorceress in progress!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Does this game get harder?
  • Topic Archived