• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. There is a very very VERY deep meaning behind this game...

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
1 month ago#1
I can't put it in words. You'd have to be self actualized to understand especially in gaming terms. I am consistent and super hardcore. Played a few of the greatest RPGs of all time and crushed even fewer among them which is a PRIVILEGE in itself. This game is a gem. I'm almost embarrassed to think I overlooked it based on my preference for handhelds. I have been obsessed about research and watching all the gameplay videos. There are so many flaws but all these flaws are beautifully executed in someway. Skyrim is lost. Bethesda has been progressively dog s*** after Morrowind or whatever. Dragon's Dogma DA doesn't even compare to all the s*** being released by Bethesda to date. Miles ahead of its time. This game should not be played by just anyone either as they will never understand what it means to appreciate certain nuances or what top tier RPGs look like.

Well its here now. No more excuses. This game has my full attention now. I haven't felt this excited since the old school Disgaea years until they got progressively more mainstream which resulted in Disgaea losing it special charm overtime. This game is still fresh and preserved in very raw form. This game is special truly. I don't even want a sequel anymore as it could lead to two extremes. You can't repeat greatness. You really can't. Peace.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

User Info: womackcn

womackcn
1 month ago#2
I'm glad you're pumped.

I gotta say though... I played disgaea on ps3 back in the day and absolutely hated it.

As far as 3D action rpgs go. I'd put this one right up alongside Phantasy Star Online Ep 1&2 on GameCube. Two of my favorite games of all time.
Youtube: fluffybuttgaming.com
Twitch: twitch.tv/fluffybuttgaming

tw1g_007
1 month ago#3
womackcn posted...
I'm glad you're pumped.

I gotta say though... I played disgaea on ps3 back in the day and absolutely hated it.

As far as 3D action rpgs go. I'd put this one right up alongside Phantasy Star Online Ep 1&2 on GameCube. Two of my favorite games of all time.

Ah don't mention PS. I just get rage build up for no reason. Sega is pitiful and I gave up on them a long time ago. So many PS games never to smell localization because of the greedy f***s at HQ. Meh.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

User Info: Ninjafoo7

Ninjafoo7
1 month ago#4
Yeah, definitely a big looked forward to release for me this month, along with FF12 on switch and a few others.

As for the Disgaea thing, the gameplay at least improves with each new title, even if not all the stories or characters are as good as the original few. That's why I'm still hoping for a Disgaea D3 sometime in the future.

tw1g_007
1 month ago#5
Ninjafoo7 posted...
Yeah, definitely a big looked forward to release for me this month, along with FF12 on switch and a few others.

As for the Disgaea thing, the gameplay at least improves with each new title, even if not all the stories or characters are as good as the original few. That's why I'm still hoping for a Disgaea D3 sometime in the future.

I'm drooling at the possibilities for that. Solid post here and I agree.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. There is a very very VERY deep meaning behind this game...
  • Topic Archived