• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. So I tried this game on ps3 but found it dull and boring..

User Info: Jmanghan

Jmanghan
1 month ago#21
moogle69 posted...
Based on the posts here, looks like it's not for me

Yeah, which is fine. Everyone has their own tastes.

For what its worth I liked Diablo III but after I beat the game I couldn't get into it even with friends, the combat wasn't engaging enough for me once I'd done everything early on, I bought it again on switch but barely touched it, haha. But again its just down to preference.

Pillars of Eternity II comes out for switch later in the year and I think it's in the same vein as Diablo III, Path of Exiles, etc.
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Zoth (Class: Fighter)
PSN: Ghj547.

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
1 month ago#22
Jmanghan posted...
Gemma1 posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
How do you go about figuring out attack ranges. Max ATK possible is a ridiculous 958. Do we really need to aim as high as the 800s post game? What about creatures immune to physical damage? Assuming you focused your build on strictly physical attacks rather than mix how do you even handle this situation? First time I will be dedicating some serious time to this game.

No. I do serious damage as an MA with a shade below 500 base Magic Attack. I played MA from lvl 40-ish all the way through to end game, picking up necessary augments through a well known discipline garnering exploit.

Check out the topic created on this board: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/255338-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/77385787

I put serious thought(s) into my pawn(s). I put serious thought into the type of party I utilized as I leveled up. I put serious thought into the important NPC’s that can help your journey along the way.

I don’t really cast, preferring to leave that to the spellcaster in my party. I have a lot of fun.

It’s been said that a good MA needs well over 500 base Magic Attack to be any good. Not true.

This game will always have its min-max builds, but there’s room for mixed builds too.

The game is rather forgiving, I find.

Cheers!

My character has sub-400 magic and I do insane damage with MA as well. Augments and and weapons usually make up the difference, and even if it doesn't you can always bring buffs. Daimon becomes a complete joke when using 4 Salomet's secrets

Always nice to see very experienced members chime in and confirm. Thank you @Jmanghan.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

User Info: Jmanghan

Jmanghan
1 month ago#23
tw1g_007 posted...
Jmanghan posted...
Gemma1 posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
How do you go about figuring out attack ranges. Max ATK possible is a ridiculous 958. Do we really need to aim as high as the 800s post game? What about creatures immune to physical damage? Assuming you focused your build on strictly physical attacks rather than mix how do you even handle this situation? First time I will be dedicating some serious time to this game.

No. I do serious damage as an MA with a shade below 500 base Magic Attack. I played MA from lvl 40-ish all the way through to end game, picking up necessary augments through a well known discipline garnering exploit.

Check out the topic created on this board: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/255338-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/77385787

I put serious thought(s) into my pawn(s). I put serious thought into the type of party I utilized as I leveled up. I put serious thought into the important NPC’s that can help your journey along the way.

I don’t really cast, preferring to leave that to the spellcaster in my party. I have a lot of fun.

It’s been said that a good MA needs well over 500 base Magic Attack to be any good. Not true.

This game will always have its min-max builds, but there’s room for mixed builds too.

The game is rather forgiving, I find.

Cheers!

My character has sub-400 magic and I do insane damage with MA as well. Augments and and weapons usually make up the difference, and even if it doesn't you can always bring buffs. Daimon becomes a complete joke when using 4 Salomet's secrets

Always nice to see very experienced members chime in and confirm. Thank you @Jmanghan.

Np, hardly experienced compared to others who have thousands of hours into the game whereas I have a measly 400 hours, haha.
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Zoth (Class: Fighter)
PSN: Ghj547.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. So I tried this game on ps3 but found it dull and boring..
  • Topic Archived