• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Game is Available for Pre-order on Switch Now!

User Info: Papabear529

Papabear529
1 month ago#11
I have it downloaded on the switch. Is it available midnight my time or at some centralized time?

User Info: Gemma1

Gemma1
1 month ago#12
Papabear529 posted...
I have it downloaded on the switch. Is it available midnight my time or at some centralized time?

I don’t know the answer to that but if it’s anything like how DMC 5 was done (midnight on release date), then it’ll be playable midnight, your local date. Almost a staggered release, not a simultaneous one.

I also just read an article (of course media outlets and Switch influencers are playing right now) with some disturbing information about the pawn system.

Person writing the article stated it was ‘no longer possible to send pawns away with a gift or note’ (unlike all previous releases of the game). Defeats one of the purposes of a community, in a small measure.

One of the game’s charms was being able to send a gift like a ’thunderwyvern scute’ or ‘moon shimmer pelt’ to a friend or other person needing it in order to silver/goldforge a piece of armor/weapon.

You can read the article here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/hands_on_third_times_a_charm_with_dragons_dogma_on_switch

Maybe the writer can’t send anything because he’s on a promotional/early access copy?

Comments?
PSN: Gemmalady/pawn: Barahir, Strider/lvl 200, PSN: Gemmalady2345/pawn: Kate, Ranger/lvl 200
Switch: SW-5481-0965-4993

User Info: womackcn

womackcn
1 month ago#13
Gemma1 posted...
Papabear529 posted...

I don’t know the answer to that but if it’s anything like how DMC 5 was done (midnight on release date), then it’ll be playable midnight, your local date. Almost a staggered release, not a simultaneous one.

I also just read an article (of course media outlets and Switch influencers are playing right now) with some disturbing information about the pawn system.

Person writing the article stated it was ‘no longer possible to send pawns away with a gift or note’ (unlike all previous releases of the game). Defeats one of the purposes of a community, in a small measure.

One of the game’s charms was being able to send a gift like a ’thunderwyvern scute’ or ‘moon shimmer pelt’ to a friend or other person needing it in order to silver/goldforge a piece of armor/weapon.

You can read the article here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/hands_on_third_times_a_charm_with_dragons_dogma_on_switch

Maybe the writer can’t send anything because he’s on a promotional/early access copy?

Comments?

Don't worry. It's probably just disabled until release date.

Actually, can you even give offline pawns items or rate them? I don't think so. The servers probably aren't on for public yet, so the pawns they were trying to gift to were likely offline pawns.
Youtube: fluffybuttgaming.com
Twitch: twitch.tv/fluffybuttgaming

User Info: womackcn

womackcn
1 month ago#14
womackcn posted...
Gemma1 posted...
Papabear529 posted...

Comments?

Actually, can you even give offline pawns items or rate them? I don't think so. The servers probably aren't on for public yet, so the pawns they were trying to gift to were likely offline pawns.

UPDATE: Yep, just tested it on PS4. Offline pawns can't receive gifts or ratings. The reason they couldn't gift/rate pawns is because they were offline.
Youtube: fluffybuttgaming.com
Twitch: twitch.tv/fluffybuttgaming

User Info: Gemma1

Gemma1
1 month ago#15
womackcn posted...
womackcn posted...
Gemma1 posted...
Papabear529 posted...

Comments?

UPDATE: Yep, just tested it on PS4. Offline pawns can't receive gifts or ratings. The reason they couldn't gift/rate pawns is because they were offline.

I actually know all about offline/online mode thing whereby a player can’t gift pawns, and can only rent the game-generated pawns, when the player themself is offline and enters a rift.

It’s entirely possible they were using developer pawns, HAVING SAID THAT however, and also having done speedrun mode a number of times, a player CAN retrieve those game-generated pawns. A player can NOT however re-hire another player’s pawn that they get killed, while offline.

Prime example: fighting the offline UrDragon. A player starts online with hired pawns in tow, then switches to offline mode to fight UrDragon.
PSN: Gemmalady/pawn: Barahir, Strider/lvl 200, PSN: Gemmalady2345/pawn: Kate, Ranger/lvl 200
Switch: SW-5481-0965-4993
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Game is Available for Pre-order on Switch Now!
  • Topic Archived