You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. I'm so going to buy this game again.

User Info: Jmanghan

Jmanghan
4 weeks ago#21
Nabiki_Tendo posted...
Jmanghan posted...
Yasukima posted...
Nabiki_Tendo posted...
as long as it get physical release yes otherwise hard pass

It is supposed to have a physical release outside of Japan I believe.

It's 100% confirmed to have a physical release in the US.

You can even pre-order it right now.

im not in the us though im in europe so was hoping to see a physical version since the only site i can order it from is amazon in the us and they add an extra 37 usd in shipping so really hope for amazon uk to get it atlest

$37???? LOL wtf?...

I mean I use Amazon Prime so I'm pretty sure I'm alone in this, sorry mate.
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Zoth (Class: Fighter)
PSN: Ghj547.

Jmanghan
4 weeks ago#22
I feel like sales are going to Skyrocket due to the anime being readily available on Netflix and not something obscure.

User Info: Flutter_Guy

Flutter_Guy
3 weeks ago#23
Jmanghan posted...
I feel like sales are going to Skyrocket due to the anime being readily available on Netflix and not something obscure.

I hope so. Apparently porting DMC 5 depends on Dragon's Dogma sales. I get why Capcom is doing that, but it doesn't seem like a fair way to gauge interest in DMC 5 for Switch. Different franchises, and Dragon's Dogma is way more obscure.

Anyway, I also hope it sells well. Already have it downloaded to my Switch. It sucks seeing the icon there and not being able to play it.
"Your focus determines your reality." -Qui-Gon Jin

User Info: Gemma1

Gemma1
3 weeks ago#24
Flutter_Guy posted...
Jmanghan posted...

I hope so. Apparently porting DMC 5 depends on Dragon's Dogma sales. I get why Capcom is doing that, but it doesn't seem like a fair way to gauge interest in DMC 5 for Switch. Different franchises, and Dragon's Dogma is way more obscure.

Anyway, I also hope it sells well. Already have it downloaded to my Switch. It sucks seeing the icon there and not being able to play it.

Definitely check the friend switch code exchange topic. Looking forward to adding more people. What I'm really pumped about is building a whole new community with people that bridges all the platforms. I know I sound like a giddy schoolgirl but there it is.
PSN: Gemmalady/pawn: Barahir, Strider/lvl 200, PSN: Gemmalady2345/pawn: Kate, Ranger/lvl 200
Switch: SW-5481-0965-4993

Jmanghan
3 weeks ago#25
Gemma1 posted...
Flutter_Guy posted...
Jmanghan posted...

Definitely check the friend switch code exchange topic. Looking forward to adding more people. What I'm really pumped about is building a whole new community with people that bridges all the platforms. I know I sound like a giddy schoolgirl but there it is.

In a just world: Cross-play between PS4, Xbox One, and Switch.

The most we can hope for is cross-play between xbox one and switch :(

User Info: maggiet23

maggiet23
3 weeks ago#26
Whelp after playing this on the 360 for years and from day one on the xone I finally bought a switch for Christmas to get a break from DA.
Jokes on me...lol.
Just pre ordered for the switch ...of course.
I don't have Nintendo online yet so I am not familiar with friending. Seems more complicated than calling up a GT.

Has it been confirmed that there will be cross platform between the Xone and Switch?
GT. maggiet23 Pawn Angelica GT. Ayrhe4d Pawn: Dakota GT. Ayrhe4dmaggie Pawn:Ariana
Welcome to the forums where stating your opinion is a declaration of war.

Gemma1
3 weeks ago#27
maggiet23 posted...
Whelp after playing this on the 360 for years and from day one on the xone I finally bought a switch for Christmas to get a break from DA.
Jokes on me...lol.
I don't have Nintendo online yet so I am not familiar with friending. Seems more complicated than calling up a GT.

Has it been confirmed that there will be cross platform between the Xone and Switch?

Not that complicated to friend people: just include your Switch # in your signature and people can send a FR to you; or look here where ppl have included their number.

I was pondering the whole ‘cross-play’ idea and don’t think it’ll work right now simply because of the UrDragon Hunter Tablet. They could reset it to start the leaderboard lists from zero kills and the UrDragon itself to Generation 1, but it might be unfair to those who’ve put in hard work. If Capcom said, ‘we’ll merge all the Tablets together’ it might cause trouble. Anyone who’s played DA:I multiplayer knows whereof I speak.
PSN: Gemmalady/pawn: Barahir, Strider/lvl 200, PSN: Gemmalady2345/pawn: Kate, Ranger/lvl 200

Jmanghan
3 weeks ago#28
maggiet23 posted...
Jokes on me...lol.

You don't need Nintendo online to play online in this game.

It's mostly reserved for first-party games.

User Info: maggiet23

maggiet23
3 weeks ago#29
@Gemma1 ...thanks I will try to locate my # and put it in my sig.
As for the Ur board...I think it would be very possible to keep the Ur's separate and just have cross platform pawn rental. Tho I think 2 of mine are in the top 10 still it wouldn't really bother me to almagamate.

@Jmanghan ...thanks...good to know. From what I was reading I had understood you had to be online on either end.
GT. maggiet23 Pawn Angelica GT. Ayrhe4d Pawn: Dakota GT. Ayrhe4dmaggie Pawn:Ariana
Welcome to the forums where stating your opinion is a declaration of war.

Gemma1
3 weeks ago#30
maggiet23 posted...
@Gemma1 ...thanks I will try to locate my # and put it in my sig.
As for the Ur board...I think it would be very possible to keep the Ur's separate and just have cross platform pawn rental. Tho I think 2 of mine are in the top 10 still it wouldn't really bother me to almagamate.

@Jmanghan ...thanks...good to know. From what I was reading I had understood you had to be online on either end.

@maggiet23 Look on your ‘page’ under your profile and you’ll see your friend code.

Regarding pawn sharing: I’ve got two, as you’ve probably noted in my signature, but mine are on private on PSN. If they allowed crossplay I’d be set: both of my pawns are wearing Oblivion armor, BiS bonus enhancements, goldforged weapons, best skill rings. Full bestiary/quest/area knowledge. Hardly fair though. I’d be starting my Arisen on this platform with my friend’s pawns too. Done. Finished. Why even bother to get excited again? I may as well make another alt on a platform I’m already playing, with all the resources at my fingertips as well as wonderful friends I’ve had the honor and pleasure of knowing and playing with already.
How would gifting work? Would I be able to gift my Arisen on this platform with hundreds of top tier items and materials already farmed by my Arisen on another platform?
Thanks but no thanks. I’d like the challenge fresh and new again. I want the struggle again. What I really want though, is Dragon’s Dogma 2 . Since that’s not likely to happen soon, I’ll take a fresh challenge on a handheld platform that feels fresh. To meet new friends from across many platforms.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. I'm so going to buy this game again.