• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft
  3. Edit a map to have 2 humans vs 4 computers

User Info: RonLaforge

RonLaforge
1 year ago#1
Hi,

Having player some hours with the Starcraft Editor, I get stuck and require some help.

What I have achieved so far is marked "OK".
What I am stuck into is marked "FAILING".

I need to edit the Map "Broodwar/Webmaps/Friends98.scm" to obtain the following behavior :

- Two teams : 2 Humans VS 4 Computers : OK
- The 2 humans are in the same team, and will start from the left of the map (the base location will not be random) : OK
- The 4 computers are in the same team : OK

- The computers will have a base, and play against the humans team : FAILED !
Help is needed here, because when the map starts, computers have NO BASE AT ALL.
The result is a message "The Game ended in a Draw", 3 seconds after the game start.

I went to the triggers window, but not really sure what actions I need to specify for the computers having a base, develop it, and attack us in a normal and random way. By "normal", I mean that I have seen that I can specify the difficulty level for each IA, and "suicide missions", but I am not sure that this will fit. I do not explicitely computers to rush us. They can, or not, depending of the IA.

There must be a more simpler way to achieve my goal ;-)

I thank you very much ;-) (yes : Very!)

User Info: RonLaforge

RonLaforge
1 year ago#2
Hi,
Someone has helped me on another forum : the error is that I wasn't setting any building for computers. So basically, to have computers make a base, you dont have to just set a "start location", but to put a "command center" for them !
Obviously, the Map must be played in USM (Use Map Settings).

User Info: SoundNetwork

SoundNetwork
9 months ago#3
@RonLaforge nice
http://i.imgur.com/HcKBWZ6.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft
  3. Edit a map to have 2 humans vs 4 computers
  • Post New Message
More topics from this board...
3v3 Fastest ThreadAbbyMins27/10 11:53AM

GameFAQs Q&A