• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Get that "optimal combo" excuse out of here, combos are just limited

User Info: Duck1988

Duck1988
4 days ago#1
Was watching a match where one player called out his opponent for doing the same one combo. People defended his opponent saying it's the optimal combo so why do anything else?

Is it really because it's optimal? True somewhat, but it has more to do with the fact that combos are restricted and limited as hell. Some characters can only land extended combos off of one string or one special, which than only leads to limited follow ups, which is why you're seeing the same repetitive crap.

So no get that "optimal combo" bullcrap excuse out of here, it's the fact this game has limited depth. Optimal combos exist in every game, but you actually see variety in other games that have more depth.

User Info: hossolox

hossolox
4 days ago#2
One year later and the SAME people whining about the SAME crap....

Ok we got it. The complain was legitimate 11 months ago.

If you don't like it MOVE ON!!!!!! Wtf????
hossolox posted...
One year later and the SAME people whining about the SAME crap....

Ok we got it. The complain was legitimate 11 months ago.

If you don't like it MOVE ON!!!!!! Wtf????

Yet people like you will go into every complaint topic just to complain about people complaining.
I have nothing else to say

User Info: hossolox

hossolox
4 days ago#4
RchHomieQuanChi posted...
Yet people like you will go into every complaint topic just to complain about people complaining.
Yep. I find amazing how someone who dislikes a game can spend so much energy crying in a corner about how he dislikes a game.
Once I understand what motivates people to act like this, I'll be a happier person
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: masterman97

masterman97
4 days ago#5
RchHomieQuanChi posted...
The cycle continues! This is why message boards won’t die!
Spawn is here.

User Info: Spiritlittle

Spiritlittle
4 days ago#6
It's the same s*** with every NRS game. There will always be one BNB combo that is better than all the others. This is nothing new. Been this way since MK9.

Only USIV, SFV, Skullgirls, Under-Night, Tekken 7, and King of Fighters 14 have TRUE depth.
Official Raven of the Injustice 2 boards
Official Jill Valentine of the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite boards

User Info: Mechani11Kong

Mechani11Kong
4 days ago#7
People use the same optimal combos in every NRS game. If you have no meter? You use the meterless BNB. If you have meter? You use your meter BNB.

Spiritlittle posted...
It's the same s*** with every NRS game. There will always be one BNB combo that is better than all the others. This is nothing new. Been this way since MK9.

Only USIV, SFV, Skullgirls, Under-Night, Tekken 7, and King of Fighters 14 have TRUE depth.

Tekken 7 has optimal BNB's too, it uses a string system. If you get a launcher in T7 you use your characters juggle BNB. Maybe you don' see them too often because so many normal attacks in Tekken 7 take off so much life.
PSN: Shin-Kong

User Info: Yuji Kaido

Yuji Kaido
4 days ago#8
Jacqui has many combos. You poor dial a combo guys.
"Just another free win." - Goddess Jacqui Briggs
Remember when games were entertainment and not political soapboxes? Yuji Kaido remembers.

User Info: Duck1988

Duck1988
3 days ago#9
Spiritlittle posted...

In MK9 my main had 5 ways to land extended combos, in MK11 characters rely on one or two ways only. I'm not counting situational stuff like KB's or stuff you can only do in the corner.
hossolox posted...
Yep. I find amazing how someone who dislikes a game can spend so much energy crying in a corner about how he dislikes a game.
Once I understand what motivates people to act like this, I'll be a happier person

Yet you put so much energy into complaining about people complaining about a game that, let's be honest, they paid money for and have every right to rant about when it frustrates them.

At least their complaining comes from a place of passion and they want to like the game. What's your excuse?

I have nothing else to say
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Get that "optimal combo" excuse out of here, combos are just limited
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A