• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Characters you use to like but grew out of

User Info: ChrisObama

ChrisObama
1 week ago#1
Liu Kang and Johnny Cage both use to be my favorite characters. I stopped liking liu after he got killed in deadly alliance. When he came back in deception it just wasnt the same anymore, now I find his character boring af, besides turning him into revenant and zombie he been doing the same thing since the first game, it's time he take a break. Cage on the other hand he was my favorite until MK9, the older games he was still cocky and had one liners but not as over the top as he is now, he tries to hard whereas the older games he was more natural. Two of my childhood favorites who I cant stand anymore, so many other cooler characters that i found interesting that get way overlooked

User Info: Cheribam_J

Cheribam_J
1 week ago#2
Mileena
Reptile

User Info: Spiritlittle

Spiritlittle
1 week ago#3
Jax, Stryker, Nightwolf

Then Nightwolf's redesign and new story made me like him again.

Hate Jax and Stryker.
Official Raven of the Injustice 2 boards
Official Jill Valentine of the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite boards

User Info: Mechani11Kong

Mechani11Kong
1 week ago#4
ChrisObama posted...
Cage on the other hand he was my favorite until MK9, the older games he was still cocky and had one liners but not as over the top as he is now, he tries to hard whereas the older games he was more natural.

By older games do you mean the original trilogy? Because he didn't really have any lines.
If you're not talking about that era then he's actually been toned down in MK9-11 compared to what he was post OT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGjmSseXpHo

As for answering the topic I guess I'd say Robo-Smoke. He should stay away and just keep human Smoke, the robo version should just be a alternate costume at most with a few animation changes here and there.
PSN: Shin-Kong
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MKScorpion

MKScorpion
1 week ago#5
Goro comes to mind. He was my absolute favorite as a kid and I went crazy when I got Trilogy and he was playable.

But then he got less cool. Idk if the movie changed my opinion or how in games after MK Trilogy he just wasn't a really threatening sub-boss anymore.

He would beat the hell out of me in MK1 and Trilogy but after that he started to feel no different than any of the other characters. Even Moloch seemed like more of a challenge than Goro did at that point. I still like the character a lot but im just not crazy about him like I was as a kid. I barley touched him in MKX :/
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: yunalenne10

yunalenne10
1 week ago#6
Reptile... REPTILE!
"The more beautiful and pure a thing is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it." - Rule 43

User Info: MKScorpion

MKScorpion
1 week ago#7
Thing about Reptile is idk if it's we "grew out of him" rather than they just made him kind of lame.

Once they actually tried making him look like a reptile is when the character fell off. I know he was always intended to be a reptile under the disguise and I have nothing against them going with that but they just can't seem to make it work.

A humanoid reptile assassin doesn't sound like it would be hard to make cool yet every time they have tried it's been kind of a fail for me. Also him jobbing hard in story modes didn't help either. Let's hope MK12 can redeem him the way MK11 did Baraka.

User Info: KeJo6

KeJo6
6 days ago#8
Scorpion.

He became lamer with each game.
http://i.imgur.com/wjniOlq.jpg
PSN: KeJo13

User Info: Votan8

Votan8
6 days ago#9
Reptile, Shao Kahn, Ermac. Sub-Zero and Raiden test my patience in the NRS era, but they're still my favorite characters despite being a bit boring. Why is Raiden such a wet blanket in these games when he's a suave cool guy in all other media appearances lol. After Thor: Ragnarok you'd think they'd embrace funny Raiden even more.

Story mode could use more witty banter in general, honestly. It's a goofy franchise, NRS should have a little more fun with it.

User Info: Akashia

Akashia
6 days ago#10
Mileena and skarlet
I did use scarlet in this game but switched to cetrion. Mileena isn't in so that explains her not being used in mk11.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Characters you use to like but grew out of
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A