• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Who actually likes Jacqui?

User Info: Dos_Pac

Dos_Pac
6 days ago#41
STEROLIZER posted...
I'm sorry that you hate my dumb Jacqui topics so much that you no longer like me as a poster. However, even you know I'm not trabsphobic. I literally, right now, live with three gay roommates. That was a terrible moderation... possibly one of the worst of all time.

I never said I don’t like you as a poster I just think the amount of topics you make about the same thing is beyond ridiculous. Also not saying I don’t believe you but the gay roommates thing doesn’t work for some reason. I once said I’m a Mexican who’s favourite artist is black, married to a white woman, eats Chinese food while watching DBZ amongst other things and they said it doesn’t mean anything. I thought it was good enough.

PSN: Dos_Pac1980 SMM2 ID: DJR-0JM-8XR
"Escelastics chapter 3 verse 4, and the latinos shall inherit the earth!"

Dos_Pac
6 days ago#42
I was actually gonna call out Yuji on his obsession the other day but someone posted some crap where they crossed the line and I called them out on it.

User Info: Drainbread

Drainbread
6 days ago#43
Dos_Pac posted...
I was actually gonna call out Yuji on his obsession the other day but someone posted some crap where they crossed the line and I called them out on it.
you act like this isnt Yuji...
I frequently argue points that I don't even believe in simply for the sake of inciting discussion. Don't take me too seriously

Dos_Pac
6 days ago#44
Drainbread posted...
you act like this isnt Yuji...

mid it is I don’t know who’s more insane him or those of us that read all those topics.

Drainbread
6 days ago#45
Dos_Pac posted...
mid it is I don’t know who’s more insane him or those of us that read all those topics.
there simply can't be two of them, right? right?
I frequently argue points that I don't even believe in simply for the sake of inciting discussion. Don't take me too seriously

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
6 days ago#46
Dos_Pac posted...
I never said I don’t like you as a poster I just think the amount of topics you make about the same thing is beyond ridiculous. Also not saying I don’t believe you but the gay roommates thing doesn’t work for some reason. I once said I’m a Mexican who’s favourite artist is black, married to a white woman, eats Chinese food while watching DBZ amongst other things and they said it doesn’t mean anything. I thought it was good enough.

I know that the mods don't care. It is just that I interpreted your post as you accusing me of transphobia. Which I know even you don't believe.

Yea, my Jacqui stuff is dumb. However, it amuses me (and apparently many others) so I will continue. If they annoy you just don't take them seriously. I don't.
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.
(edited 6 days ago)

Drainbread
6 days ago#47
STEROLIZER posted...
I know that the mods don't care. It is just that I interpreted your post as you accusing me of transphobia. Which I know even you don't believe.

Yea, my Jacqui stuff is dumb. However, it amuses me (and apparently many others) so I will continue. If they annoy you just don't take them seriously. I don't.
So you're honey boo boo?

User Info: SpartenX20

SpartenX20
6 days ago#48
Jacqui is fairly interesting character who occupies a unique space in the lore and universe as a whole. When it comes to legacy characters, many different franchises have tried to implement them with varying results. At times, you can have progeny that are carbon copies of their predecessors, and other times you can ones so distinct that you question their origins. These sorts of decisions are hopefully made in service of the story and characterization.

I would describe Jacqui as an example of the former, but that's not to say she is any less unique for it. Jacqui shares a lot in common with her father, Jax. They're both high-pressure brawlers who latch onto their opponents and don't let go. However, what distinguishes her is ironically what makes her so similar to Jax. Her drive to fight and fighting style come from her goal to avenge her father and punish those who made him live through hell as a revenant.

Simply looking at the gameplay, you'd think Jax was completely unaffected by that history and went back to cracking skulls. Play the story of MKX as well as MK11, and you discover that not to be the case at all. Jax retired to his farm and didn't lift his fists for almost 2 decades out of guilt for what he'd done. Jacqui symbolically fights in place of her father, and that is partly why she feels so similar. Her fighting style is a representation of her love for her father and desire to enact retribution on those who hurt him.

This to me, distinguishes her from the other Kombat Kids, who's design choices vary from completely predictable (Cassie -- predictable to the point where they gave her a random drone to try and fail to make her unique) to completely random (Takeda - laser swords and chainsaw whips ... huh???, Kung Jin - I've never seen a shaolin monk look like that).

Jacqui may not be the most original character in the Mortal Kombat universe, but what she represents is something unique. A true love and respect for her mentor, trainer, and father -- which in effect translates to a love and respect for the legacy of Mortal Kombat as a whole and it's evolution throughout the decades.

Dos_Pac
6 days ago#49
STEROLIZER posted...

ive been suffering through a fever for over a week and found out yesterday I caught viral pneumonia. I’m isolated from my wife and kids in this room so at this point every thing else seems like a stupid thing for me to complain about. The road to recovery is probably a long one.

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
6 days ago#50
Dos_Pac posted...
ive been suffering through a fever for over a week and found out yesterday I caught viral pneumonia. I’m isolated from my wife and kids in this room so at this point every thing else seems like a stupid thing for me to complain about. The road to recovery is probably a long one.

Pneumonia sucks man! I've had that, lost 30 pounds...and I missed 3 weeks of school. Told the teachers I had AIDS so that I didn't have to do any make-up homework. I was also able to wrestle 152lbs for a few meets which was fun...but eventually I shot back up to 189lbs. My opponents thought I was taking steroids XD

So, you have your PS4 then right?
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Who actually likes Jacqui?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A