• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Your Honest opinion on Jacqui?

User Info: Blue-Lemon-Z

Blue-Lemon-Z
1 month ago#1
I’m curious because people either love her (possibly obsessed with her like Yuji Kaido) or they hate her and consider the worst character not named Hsu Hao.

Personally, it’s a mixed bag. She’s one of my mains because of her playstyle and her appearance (Gotta appreciate the fact she’s one of the few black chicks in gaming, let alone fighting games). But I can’t deny she’s one of the most boring and uncreative MK characters out there. Her dialogue mostly sucks and is phoned in. If given the choice, I’d choose whatever classic characters over her, like Mileena, Rain, cyber ninjas anyday. I don’t even like Mileena all that much but it’d been better if she replaced her. Sorry Jacqui.
"I'm being harassed by a toaster"
When life gives ya lemons, make some blueberry lemonade.

User Info: Yuji Kaido

Yuji Kaido
1 month ago#2
She is perfection.
Suikoden 2. Xenogears. Valkyrie Profile. Star Ocean 2. Grandia. Lunar:SSSC. Front Mission 3. Jade Cocoon.

User Info: XDarkLordX

XDarkLordX
1 month ago#3
I don't really care for her. Not really that interesting. I'd take the characters you listed over her, easily.

Her being in games doesn't matter to me, as, I don't use her.
MK11: Skarlet, Cassie Cage, Cetrion, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Sindel, Joker

User Info: Jimbo190

Jimbo190
1 month ago#4
She's better than 99% of the 3D era chars and personally one of the few female chars I like in MK.

User Info: GRankbowhunter

GRankbowhunter
1 month ago#5
she ugly... and she acts like a bit.... so i dis like her.
I need to work every day, millions of people on welfare depend on me to support them.

User Info: KSA_ZACK

KSA_ZACK
1 month ago#6
She's meh, but then again, Special Forces as a whole is a big 'meh' in my book. Any character in that faction is doomed to be dull, with very few exceptions.
''In the end...The future refused to change.''

User Info: Fell

Fell
1 month ago#7
As a muay thai fighter myself I absolutely love her movement and general design. Lady Sagat minus the zoning. I like her 2nd variation for it's mechanics, i think it's actually a kind of refreshing setup playstyle for her archetype. She has some really cool and different strings. And I like her appearence a lot, I love a couple of her outfits.

Having said that, her personality is non existent. Which is a shame. She is basically Random Black Girl With An Attitude But Not Too Much Attitude #4 in a movie about someone else. She is the main character's friend's girlfriend that has 2 lines in the movie. I think diversity is needed and should be natural, not even something to comment on, but she could be so much more. Even Kollector and Geras have more personality; you know what they would say in various situations. Jacqui? Whatever. Something bland.

And she, in my opinion, is hands down the most broken character in MK11, at least online. I don't even get mad or frustrated when losing to her; I just get tired. Weary. Bored. She carries such bad players to high rank it's not even funny, and they don't even admit it most times.
Her v1 is downright brain dead and easy mode and rewards moronic scrub play. It takes zero skill and barely any game knowledge to do well with her.
V2 is strong, I think it's a lot stronger than most give it credit for, but it's not as crazy as the others. Fun to play.
Her v3 actually requires fast and somewhat hard inputs and actual space control, but it is so incredibly strong it makes almost every other character pointless to use. Like, why even bother when she can do all that?

Jacqui, Liu, Geras and Johnny needs to be toned down. But especially Jacqui and Geras. Which is evident as tournament after tournament consists of Jacqui or Geras mirrors, if it isn't Johnny or Liu mirrors. Devs should be embarrassed.
I play Edenians and Lin Kuei. And D'vorah because so cute.

User Info: ShadowRaiden00

ShadowRaiden00
1 month ago#8
Jax's daughter
Black Chapters
http://i.imgur.com/T5VJ5Mi.gifv http://i.imgur.com/F3Yu7Aw.gifv http://i.imgur.com/7s86tr1.gif https://i.imgur.com/9AWzF1C.gifv

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
1 month ago#9
I like her. But she’s definitely very inspiring as a character

But Jacqui is a good person who means well and I think she looks attractive, so I can’t hate her.
Ain't no rest for the wicked.
When your BFFs a BFG you don't need anyone else watching your back.

User Info: VisceralVenom

VisceralVenom
1 month ago#10
Insufferable character, ugly design, terrible skins, and comically bad dialog and intro and victories.

Everything about Jaqci is awful, if only Shao Kahn broke her spine instead of Kotal Kuckbag.
You're no messiah. You're a movie of the week. You're a f-ing t-shirt, at best.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Your Honest opinion on Jacqui?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A