• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Should this character? Day 22: Kabal

User Info: DarkJaguar124

DarkJaguar124
5 days ago#1
Get buff, nerf, or left alone? - Results (24 votes)
Buff
12.5% (3 votes)
Nerf
33.33% (8 votes)
Left Alone
54.17% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Day 1: Jacqui Briggs-Nerf
Day 2: Liu Kang-Nerf
Day 3: Kano-Left Alone
Day 4: Skarlet-Buff
Day 5: Terminator-Left Alone
Day 6: Kollector-Left Alone
Day 7: Frost-Left Alone
Day 8: Raiden-Buff
Day 9: Johnny Cage-Nerf
Day 10: D'Vorah-Left Alone
Day 11: Sindel-Buff
Day 12: Sub-Zero-Nerf
Day 13: Erron Black-Left Alone
Day 14: Kitana-Buff
Day 15: Geras-Nerf
Day 16: Shang Tsung-Left Alone
Day 17: Sonya-Nerf
Day 18: Baraka-Left Alone
Day 19: Nightwolf-Left Alone
Day 20: Cetrion-Nerf
Day 21: Scorpion-Nerf

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
5 days ago#2
He has way too many good tools and options and safety. Strip a lot of them away.
I want you to grab your nuts. Grab your balls. I want you to take a handful, and just grab your nuts real quick. Swivel 'em around in a circular motion.
-LTG

User Info: DeanToskic

DeanToskic
5 days ago#3
He's fine.

User Info: Genzanin

Genzanin
5 days ago#4
nerf in damage
he has a combo that starts with a grab hooks 3times and can juggle you for like 10 seconds after that
www.serateotaku.it GUNDAM ONE YEAR WAR We didn't spare nothing to the white mobile suit,huge fun!!!
PS4 Eur Community"Gundam Versus Italia" join now!!

User Info: Fell

Fell
5 days ago#5
Difficult to nerf without ruining him completely. He lacks good mixups that lead into anything real so all he really has is whiff punishing and outspacing you.
He is so damn safe on everything but take that away and he doesnt really work.
He has annoying zoning (air missiles should never have been given to Kabal or Sub) so Id see him take a nerf on that.

I think he is just a bit too strong atm (not even close to OP or broken) but difficult to nerf, unlike the braindead s+ tiers like Liu Jacqui Geras etc. They need hard nerfs
I AM THE #1 FROST MAIN

User Info: KSA_ZACK

KSA_ZACK
5 days ago#6
Fell posted...
He lacks good mixups that lead into anything real so all he really has is whiff punishing and outspacing you.
You don't actually need "mixups" in this game, since throws are busted. Throws beat nearly everything in this game, they beat pokes, even low pokes. They have extreme priority for whatever reason.
With that in mind, having a mid to mix up with throws is all you need, and Kabal has very good mids, including a 9-frame mid, which many characters which they had.

OT: Kabal is a very solid character, he has great buttons, high combo damage, amazing safety, and great utility in his Nomand Dash. If possible I wish every character would be made like him. Clearly whoever designed this character knew what he/she is doing. He was designed to be good, unlike most of the characters in this game.
However, if they can't buff the low tiers, then Kabal is up there with the other S/A+ tier characters who need to be toned down.
''In the end...The future refused to change.''

DarkJaguar124
5 days ago#7
Seems like a split between Nerf and Left Alone. On the initial roster, I personally think Kabal is character that was done perfectly along with Baraka and Sonya.

DarkJaguar124
4 days ago#8
Fell posted...
Difficult to nerf without ruining him completely. He lacks good mixups that lead into anything real so all he really has is whiff punishing and outspacing you.
He is so damn safe on everything but take that away and he doesnt really work.
He has annoying zoning (air missiles should never have been given to Kabal or Sub) so Id see him take a nerf on that.

I think he is just a bit too strong atm (not even close to OP or broken) but difficult to nerf, unlike the braindead s+ tiers like Liu Jacqui Geras etc. They need hard nerfs
Completely agree. Some characters are just difficult to nerf without messing with their whole kit.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Should this character? Day 22: Kabal
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A