• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Anyone else totally over this game?

User Info: buddyboy101

buddyboy101
3 days ago#1
After six months, I'm finally done with this game mentally:

- KL unlocks this season are garbage.
- Most DLC characters besides Shang and Spawn are incredibly underwhelming.
- ToT rarely offer anything new, and even when something new pops up, it's just a few degrees different from something else already unlocked.
- Krypt events are all repeats (good for those who missed out, though)
- Remaining Krypt unlocks are not worth bearing through even more RNG nonsense.
- Outlook does not look good for characters that would inject some life into this game like Smoke, Mileena, Reptile, Rain, Havik, etc.
- Maybe they'll add some new stages, but too little too late.
- Total lack of Kombat Kasts indicate NRS never really cared about this game, it's just a cash cow with little love.
- Mastering a character takes little effort and is not that rewarding in the end.
- Character Towers, even in their current state, are still busy work intended to synthetically prolong the game's life.

My biggest issue is really the roster. Seeing the likes of Smoke or Reptile join would really bring me back in, but at this point I don't have the heart to go after another set of accessories for characters I just don't care about (hello Jacqui, Cetrion, Kollector, Cassie, Geras, etc.).

Overall this game left an awful taste in my mouth b/w the grind, RNG, lack of depth, timed events, trolling, thin roster/DLC, and arrogant attitude from NRS. I've been a fan of MK since '91, but I don't really see how they can bring me back unless they revisit legacy characters, release a SM in HD or sequel, or the original trilogy remastered. It's not that hard, NRS.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: mugs4jugs16

mugs4jugs16
3 days ago#2
Yea im over it 🤷🏾‍♂ . Im only playing it for Sindel

User Info: ssjmatthew

ssjmatthew
3 days ago#3
Eh, kinda.

I only get on when there's a new tower, or I'm grinding ai for the race against time while I watch hulu or something.

Ha, this really is like a mobile game made on a console.

I'm mainly here because believe it or not I actually like some of you f***ers, and it's fun to socialize with you, plus I'm still interested in what's happening with the game, even if I don't play it near as often as I did.
Never underestimate the stupidity of people, and never hesitate to take advantage of it.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: pizzacat83

pizzacat83
3 days ago#4
Yeah, I haven’t played this game seriously in a while. The gameplay is extremely limited and got boring very quickly.
SC6: Tira, Xianghua, Voldo ; T7: Gigas, Bear, Anna
UNIST: Byakuya, Vatista, Waldstein ; SF5: F.A.N.G, Falke, Claw
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: OnlySkin

OnlySkin
3 days ago#5
I'm definitely not, but I can see why some people would be and if some things don't get fixed in the near future maybe I'll get bored with it. Also I disagree that mastering characters takes very little time, maybe I'm just a slow learner, but it takes me a lot of time and a lot of matches to become actually good with a character
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
3 days ago#6
Nope I love MK
Ain't no rest for the wicked.
When your BFF's a BFG, you don't need anyone else watching your back.

User Info: somnambulist07

somnambulist07
3 days ago#7
I haven’t played for about 3 weeks but I’m not completely over the game. I’ll be back for Sindel, can’t wait for her to finally arrive after the incredibly underwhelming Terminator. I likely would still be playing now if Sindel has come out before Terminator. I’ll probably still be playing on and off for at least a year due to Fujin, Sheeva and other potential MK characters arriving in KP2.

But I wouldn’t stop playing just because my favourite character didn’t make it in. Tanya is my favourite MK character and I’ve accepted she won’t be in MK11. She had her moment in MKX, time to let other characters shine.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: DarkKombat

DarkKombat
3 days ago#8
I haven’t played in about 2 weeks and I don’t see myself getting back on anytime soon personally. I got sick of characters like Sub Zero, Sonya and Liu Kang. I’m over the s***ty hitboxes and the fatal blows. And I’m sick of games feeling the same over and over again. People go for the same mixups or 50/50s, the same combos, the same kbs, etc. it’s boring. I love the forums still and discussion but it’ll be some times before I’m back on
Now playing: Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat 11, Bully
Awaiting: Luigi's Mansion 3

User Info: Jebediah

Jebediah
3 days ago#9
I'm not going to say I'm done with it but the gameplay is very slow and boring to me and I don't care for any of the DLC. I haven't played in over a month. I have no interest to return.

Happy for those that are still enjoying it.

User Info: Mechani11Kong

Mechani11Kong
3 days ago#10
No, I'm not and Jesus...there was just a thread for this yesterday. It's the same people from the other thread posting in this one now like moths to flames.
PSN: Shin-Kong
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Anyone else totally over this game?
  • Post New Message