• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. How well would a Terminator actually do in the MK universe?

User Info: jon davis

jon davis
4 weeks ago#1
Yes he has enhanced strength and is highly proficient with weapons, but in the movies he shows little in the way of hand to hand combat skill and is rather slow.
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
4 weeks ago#2
Not well

So many of the character could wreck him. Raiden. Scorpion. Sub-Zero. Noob. Frost. Sektor. Cyrax. Shao Kahn. Kotal Kahn. Reptile. Ermac. Liu Kang. Kung Lao. Goro
Ain't no rest for the wicked.
When your BFF's a BFG, you don't need anyone else watching your back.

User Info: SpaceDetective

SpaceDetective
4 weeks ago#3
My first thought: I'd think that a T-800 would be on par with the Special Forces types (Sonya, Jax, Johnny, etc.) and anyone on their level, but it'd be challenged by anyone on Liu Kang's level, and gods like Raiden would wipe their ass with the machine.
Basically, I imagine it as being a challenge but not an insurmountable one for highly skilled humans; especially those with cybernetic or supernatural enhancement.

Immediately, I might be biased. Even if the movies don't really show it, I'd like to think that Skynet programs Terminators to have actual close-combat ability beyond brute force.
https://i.imgur.com/ebULMPv.png
Official Ashley of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board - I was wrong it was fake

User Info: MuzzamilSaleem

MuzzamilSaleem
4 weeks ago#4
Badly. The terminator machines were designed to be scary for normal humans in the real world, nay, in the 80s and 90s.

In any fantasy setting against any kind of magic or superpower they will fail pretty quickly. Sub zero could melt them. Raiden could disable them with electricity. Liu Kang could melt them. etc.
http://chng.it/WbXgj5GB - every signature counts

User Info: -se7en-

-se7en-
4 weeks ago#5
Mk is a world where superpowers means nothing. You have humans beating them. So the Terminator would do just fine.

I also like to mention that Erron Black uses 1800 century guns and he is the most human of the cast. He seems to do fine fighting all kinds of warriors/creatures as a bounty hunter.

User Info: Siculu

Siculu
4 weeks ago#6
Would be absolutely destroyed by Cassie, Jacqui, Kitana, Sonya, Jade, or D'Vorah.
Intent obsolescence,
built into the system

User Info: Turducken

Turducken
4 weeks ago#7
A Terminator got taken out by a scruffy, malnourished soldiered with a pipe and a waitress. Pretty sure even Stryker's got a legit shot at taking one out.
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE

User Info: HaiTian

HaiTian
4 weeks ago#8
so take down joker is easily.
"kneel and lick my boots." (Sindel, MK11) "With my glaive, my staff, and my life." (Jade, MK11)
https://i.imgtc.ws/4t15XhC.gif

User Info: Genzanin

Genzanin
4 weeks ago#9
Terminator s main skills
were infiltration and surprise attacks.
Movies say he has human body mapped to strike were it s more lethal.
So doesn't need martial arts skills
Just tank blows get near to kill
I think he could surprise any not insight trained martial artists<mk kids SF>
But againts those used to kill sensing prey s presence<ninja, e.black ,monks>
would fail since he s not a stealth unit and
would give away it s presence with just being there (moving, sound)but not giving any" life being” feedback.
And in a close combat fight d be wrecked in no time
Also giving it a teleport is totally out of character!!
www.serateotaku.it GUNDAM ONE YEAR WAR We didn't spare nothing to the white mobile suit,huge fun!!!
PS4 Eur Community"Gundam Versus Italia" join now!!

User Info: serpentaurus

serpentaurus
4 weeks ago#10
You all forget the fact that they addapt and then they send better versions to the past that can kill their targets more proficiently.

For example, if the target was Reptile, the metal parts would be invulnerable to Reptile acid attacks.

If the target was Subzero, the terminator would have self heating mechanism and high resistance to below 0 temperatures brittleness.

With that in mind, the only characters that really pose a threat to terminators 1o1 are gods, demigods and shapeshifters/warlocks like Shang and Quan Chi. Humans/outworlders would get their weak points exposed and assasinated for it.
Now playing: Overwatch, MK11, CTR:NF, DQ11
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. How well would a Terminator actually do in the MK universe?
  • Topic Archived