• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. So anyone have any MK plans for halloween?

User Info: The_Numerous

The_Numerous
4 weeks ago#11
solid_kush posted...
I’m not really into cosplaying or dressing up for Halloween, but if I can find a mask that looks exactly like Noob’s MK9 mask (with the hoodie). Then you bet your ass I’ll buy that and wear it everyday.

Or a Sektor mask MK3 or MK9.

Have you tried cosplay? Anyway even if not I'm sure you can find someone to make a mask specifically for your face. Some really talented people make things for cosplayers/fans.

SpaceDetective posted...
i'm probably going to do nothing but play eternal darkness

I remember playing that but never beat it. That's the one that f***ed with you saying your save data was corrupted and all that stuff right? For GC? I remember loving what I played of it, so long ago tho
Noblesse oblige

User Info: SpaceDetective

SpaceDetective
4 weeks ago#12
The_Numerous posted...
I remember playing that but never beat it. That's the one that f***ed with you saying your save data was corrupted and all that stuff right? For GC? I remember loving what I played of it, so long ago tho
that's the one, yeah

it's a nostalgic favorite of mine. the sanity effects are brilliant and i wish more games played around with that concept (damn you nintendo for patenting it)
https://i.imgur.com/ebULMPv.png
Official Ashley of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board - I was wrong it was fake

The_Numerous
4 weeks ago#13
I should snag myself a copy sometime when my backlog isn't crying. Googled it out of curiosity around 40 something for used, guess it's kinda rare. New was like 140+

Would you say it holds up well enough? Yeah the sanity stuff blew me away, seemed like one of those ahead of its time sorta game for me
Noblesse oblige

User Info: solid_kush

solid_kush
4 weeks ago#14
The_Numerous posted...
solid_kush posted...
I’m not really into cosplaying or dressing up for Halloween, but if I can find a mask that looks exactly like Noob’s MK9 mask (with the hoodie). Then you bet your ass I’ll buy that and wear it everyday.

Or a Sektor mask MK3 or MK9.

Have you tried cosplay? Anyway even if not I'm sure you can find someone to make a mask specifically for your face. Some really talented people make things for cosplayers/fans.

SpaceDetective posted...

Nah don’t really have an interest in it. Sounds expensive and time consuming too. (Not hating on anyone that does enjoy it though)

I’d just really want a high quality mask for my collection, but they‘ll probably cost a lot.
The Official Sektor of the MK Boards. "We are the Lin Kuei. More stealthful than the night... more deadly than the dawn!"

User Info: SpaceDetective

SpaceDetective
4 weeks ago#15
The_Numerous posted...
Would you say it holds up well enough?
three chapters in so far in my replay, but i will say that the atmosphere and writing definitely holds up so far

from what i recall though, you'd be disappointed if you're more into "survival horror" than "horror" however. my memory is that resource management is not a problem at all in the game, due to how easy it is to replenish the magic (i refuse to spell it with a k) meter, melee combat being relatively smooth for a horror game (especially for the time) and the enemies not putting up enough of a fight to offset those two

not that the game doesn't have its strong points (i just praised the sanity effects and stuff), but if you're looking for a game where you want to have to make sure every bullet counts, getting a healing item is a blessing from god and the enemies will buttf*** you to last tuesday if you underestimate them, eternal darkness is not that game
https://i.imgur.com/ebULMPv.png
Official Ashley of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board - I was wrong it was fake

The_Numerous
4 weeks ago#16
Sounds stellar. I'll definitely probably maybe revisit it sometime possibly eventually

>.>
Noblesse oblige

User Info: ssjmatthew

ssjmatthew
4 weeks ago#17
SpaceDetective posted...
that's the one, yeah

it's a nostalgic favorite of mine. the sanity effects are brilliant and i wish more games played around with that concept (damn you nintendo for patenting it)
That f***ing game.........I was 10 when I played it and apparently I didn't understand the sanity effects, I put hours into it woke up one Saturday ready to beat it, no school, parents in bed, it was gonna be sweet.

I boot it up and I fell hard for the corrupted data save, I shut it off in rage and dumb kid me didn't bother trying again being well versed in what a save corruption was.

Traded it in, wasn't until years later I was watching a video of games that break the fourth wall when I find out it was one of the sanity effects.

Well played eternal darkness, well played.

I did eventually beat it.
Never underestimate the stupidity of people, and never hesitate to take advantage of it.

User Info: PrimalElz

PrimalElz
4 weeks ago#18
I'll play it for a bit to make my cousin happy and then switch back to BlazBlue CF afterwards.
I love Monster Hunter so much that I made a Gameplay Music Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRnI9yrzlo

User Info: haimara

haimara
4 weeks ago#19
SailorAeris380 posted...
I seriously considered being Sindel one year and looked into buying a costume online, but I ultimately decided a min price of ~$50 wasn't worth it when literally no one I would come into contact with would appreciate it. I don't go to parties or other costume events, I just hand out candy to trick-or-treaters, and usually get <40 kids, most of 'em too young for MK. I'm a vampire most years instead.
Maybe someday...

its for yourself <3

best costume i had i didn't leave my house and our neighborhood (downtown lansing...) didn't have trick or treating. but it was still fun being a scary zombie w a couple of my friends even though no one else got to appreciate it, i did

User Info: SailorAeris380

SailorAeris380
4 weeks ago#20
The_Numerous posted...
SailorAeris380 posted...
I seriously considered being Sindel one year and looked into buying a costume online, but I ultimately decided a min price of ~$50 wasn't worth it when literally no one I would come into contact with would appreciate it. I don't go to parties or other costume events, I just hand out candy to trick-or-treaters, and usually get <40 kids, most of 'em too young for MK. I'm a vampire most years instead.
Maybe someday...

You should totally invest in one, go to a convention at least once in your life. It is out of this world, at least the ones here. It doesn't have to be a major one. All the ones I've been too are amazing. Theirs electricity in the air, all types of people, the craziest random s*** happens. Everyone feels free to be themselves and is open to being weird/silly/meeting people. No words to do it justice tbh, especially if you go not sober hah.

I definitely want to go to a con someday, and doing so in costume is a part of that goal! I missed a chance to go to one this summer, I had a homemade Kiki of Kiki's Delivery Service costume ready and everything, but plans fell through. I think cosplaying Sindel would rock...and you're right, a convention would be the ideal place to do so because there's a high chance of other MK fans being present, possibly even other MK cosplayers. Thanks for the advice.

SpaceDetective posted...

This is a wonderful idea.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. So anyone have any MK plans for halloween?
  • Topic Archived