• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. How good is the Terminator to you?

User Info: VengeanceSDK

VengeanceSDK
1 week ago#1
Honestly, I’d put him in the middle for a couple of reasons. Main reason is that his normal’s have some big flaws. The range and amount of combos that float the opponent. Nothing decent makes the opponent float for infiltrator toss the the ability command grab that has a pop up krushing blow. 4, B2, and F3, 2 are all the pop up options I believe. 4 is a high and 14 frames. B2 is also a high but 10 frames and petty damage. F3, 2 is safe with an overhead and low but realistically you’ll be poked before F3 even hits. You can tick throw with DBF2 after F3 which is a bit useful if you have the krushing blow waiting and your opponent has no defensive meter. 1, 2, 1 is good in frames and speed but it’s range is bad. Usually I would have to step forward and punish some things I normally don’t have to. There’s also not many things to cancel into this from unless you’re using endo lunge or some other physical ability he has. Makes me wish he had a 1, 2, 2 that could pop up or made 1, 2, 1 like Jason’s B1, 2, 2. D1 is 6 frames which is great but also suffers from poor range. I find myself whiffing a lot with it. D3 suffers the same issue. B3 you literally have to be breathing on them to not whiff it and it doesn’t float so just more weak damage due to only being able to cancel onto a special. They make him a grapple character that lacks the damage to be one. If they want to make a grapple character, he needs more damage from grappling alone. There’s almost no way to get the big combos because they are all done while your opponent is in the air. And launching someone with him to begin with is stressful. That can be fixed with his Grenade but there are more important things to equip. If rolling ion grenade costed 1 slot, I don’t think I would be saying much because then I have an opportunity to launch off strings that don’t float. What are your thoughts?

User Info: ZoneDrones

ZoneDrones
1 week ago#2
I think his third variation is actually his worst one.

User Info: Moeperry

Moeperry
1 week ago#3
Was gonna try to read that then my eyes bugged out lol
Barakabama 2020
(message deleted)

User Info: VengeanceSDK

VengeanceSDK
1 week ago#5
ZoneDrones posted...

Instead of the unblockable projectile, I made a custom variation with rolling ion grenade and infiltrator toss.
Slow. Plodding. And boring moveset. Exactly as I predicted.
Don't buckle to agenda-splainers. Form your own opinion.
PlayStation 4 - "Censorship Awaits."

User Info: ZoneDrones

ZoneDrones
1 week ago#7
VengeanceSDK posted...
ZoneDrones posted...

Instead of the unblockable projectile, I made a custom variation with rolling ion grenade and infiltrator toss.

I would have liked for the unblockable projectile to have had some kind of hitstun. Doesn't need to knock down or anything. Just knock back a bit.

It also doesn't seem necessary for there to be a limit on the grenades. After two uses he can't use any for a while but his kit doesn't really justify that.

User Info: serpentaurus

serpentaurus
1 week ago#8
He is boring.

But look at subzero. He has no mid normals or tools to outplay you consistently, and he is great just for his 19f overhead and low starters. Terminator has a confirmable 19f oh and low starter. Also a command grab and some nasty damage and a 10f mid that confirms nasty damage. In this game those are the only things a character need. To win.
Now playing: Overwatch, MK11, CTR:NF, DQ11

User Info: 1KOLDSUMMER

1KOLDSUMMER
1 week ago#9
I was hyped, but I think he kinda sucks. I played his character tower and I’m kinda over it.

Back to Sub Zero practice.

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
1 week ago#10
PlaYed against a few now. Heavy damage , excellent range, mix ups.

Only thing I've noticed is that the character attracts a similar mindset that can't accept a loss. Come rage quitter and one that threw the towel in after the first match..
Former Athiest Patrick Glynn "Today concrete data points in the direction of the God hypothesis the simplest most obvious solution."God: The Evidence
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. How good is the Terminator to you?
  • Post New Message