• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. How is this without DLC playing AS-IS (Vanilla)

User Info: OmegaN719

OmegaN719
1 month ago#1
How is MK 11 playing it vanilla As-Is meaning no DLC characters, skins or DLC . As I have yet to play MK 11. Why the wait & why I have yet to play it. Mainly to see if we will get an XL version or Komplete Version. Every MK has gotten one. So I do not see why this would change with 11. But likely will not happen until after Spawn is released. The question remains will this be Michael Jai White Spawn, or Comic Book Spawn. Back to my original question - how is this without DLC & playing it AS-IS. Also, how many gigs is Patches for the game. Will play as Skarlet & Frost. From my understanding. Frost is unlocked from playing Story Mode.

User Info: ssjmatthew

ssjmatthew
1 month ago#2
The game has more than enough content without dlc.

The entire game with patches is 51.12 gigs.
Never underestimate the stupidity of people, and never hesitate to take advantage of it.

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
1 month ago#3
Ask @LightningAce11

He's the only one I know who doesn't have the DLC.
[Furry and Proud of it ^_^] AUTMAFRWGTDTBT
Official: Wolf of Everything, Madara Uchiha, Muu of UNSR/4, Saberwulf of KI and Cyber Smoke of the MKXL.

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
1 month ago#4
It's fine without it. The only bad thing is you're unable to lab with dlc characters so the matchup is a bit tough as you would be unaware of it.
https://i.imgtc.ws/nDVyBfn.gif

User Info: OmegaN719

OmegaN719
1 month ago#5
Been busy with other games which is why I skipped MK 11. Which is the 1st MK game I never bought. I have been with the series since day 1. Held up lines back in the day at Arcades playing Ultimate MK 3 whipping asses. Waisting $25 to 50 in quarters playing MK 4. Them days were awesome. People of this Era will never get to experience that.

User Info: AfroPrime

AfroPrime
1 month ago#6
OmegaN719 posted...
The question remains will this be Michael Jai White Spawn, or Comic Book Spawn.

It's comic book Spawn voiced by Keith David from the animated series. It's possible they might have a skin with his movie appearance, but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't appear.

As for your overall question the game is perfectly fine without the DLC as it's just skins and characters.
Personally I think you're doing yourself a disservice by waiting for an XL or Komplete Edition, but if you're not all that interested in playing the game yet then it doesn't matter.

This is also the wrong game for collecting 100% content in.
Waifu culture is cancer.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. How is this without DLC playing AS-IS (Vanilla)
  • Topic Archived