• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. To all of you grabby Kung Lao players

User Info: haterade187

haterade187
1 week ago#21
Aside from Johnny's shoryuken amped, he has no unique overhead. Of course I'm throwing you to open you up.
How do you stop the constant jumping? Delayed wakeup doesn't help, you can't uppercut because you face the wrong way.
https://i.imgtc.ws/nDVyBfn.gif

User Info: OnlySkin

OnlySkin
1 week ago#23
WT_Neptune posted...
Are you guys really too dumb to know that they need to throw you to open you up to getting hit by mids?

Like how many times do we need to teach you this lesson, old man?
No. You are making excuses. My mains have no usable overheads and I never struggle opening people up despite the fact that I never throw

User Info: Moeperry

Moeperry
1 week ago#24
I had that problem with them. Mk discord lao players told me to d1 and uppercut if they spam.

Alot of characters get a good punish blocking that dive kick
Barakabama 2020

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
1 week ago#25
Kung Lao is particularly deadly with grabs due to how good his pokes are, his counter-pokes and his mids AND his staggers
Ain't no rest for the wicked.
When your BFF's a BFG, you don't need anyone else watching your back.

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
1 week ago#26
WT_Neptune posted...
Are you guys really too dumb to know that they need to throw you to open you up to getting hit by mids?

Are you too dumb to get that whatever excuse you use for throwing, it's still a guessing game? Throws are fine. Guessing which way they're throwing is not, and it just gives people a way of playing that requires little thought. Let alone skill.
Former Athiest Patrick Glynn "Today concrete data points in the direction of the God hypothesis the simplest most obvious solution."God: The Evidence

User Info: WTAP

WTAP
1 week ago#27
OnlySkin posted...
WT_Neptune posted...

No. You are making excuses. My mains have no usable overheads and I never struggle opening people up despite the fact that I never throw

Who do you play with. Kang for example has no OH but has terrific staggers to bait button pushes. Not everyone has that

User Info: OnlySkin

OnlySkin
1 week ago#28
WTAP posted...
Who do you play with. Kang for example has no OH but has terrific staggers to bait button pushes. Not everyone has that
Mostly Kitana (fearless has mixups, but I use fan fare 90% of the time), Jade (has overheads, but they are so slow and punishable that I never use them upclose), Skarlet (has one reactable overhead that I only use at max distance). There are always hops and jump in attacks (not even pros anti air most of the time) and sometimes you have to accept that your character has to be played as a defensive character and whiff punisher. I mean I know that not everyone is like me where they hate throws to the point that they don't use them most of the time at all, but there are ways to get damage and people who keep throwing every two seconda in damn casual will never get a rematch from me. In KL I understand that people are playing to win (though as I said there are ways to open up someone without having mixups) ,but keep that s*** away from casual cause it's boring as hell. I personally love zoning, yet most of the time I never do it in casual cause people hate it and complain about it 24/7
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. To all of you grabby Kung Lao players
  • Post New Message