• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. To all of you grabby Kung Lao players

User Info: ZoneDrones

ZoneDrones
5 days ago#11
Jump 2s into throws are what annoy me mostly but other than that spamming them is playing with your life.

Throws are important though so people are gonna take advantage of them. How much depends on how much the opponent lets them tbh.

User Info: TsunamiBlue

TsunamiBlue
5 days ago#12
OnlySkin posted...
No one throws as much as Lao, Sub, Liu and Scorpion players. I don't understand people who throw every second, like how can you have fun using that many throws?

That’s a funny way to say Jax

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
5 days ago#13
Gotcha Grab was more fun back in mortal kombat 3 but hey at least he still has it.
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
TsunamiBlue posted...
OnlySkin posted...
No one throws as much as Lao, Sub, Liu and Scorpion players. I don't understand people who throw every second, like how can you have fun using that many throws?

That’s a funny way to say Jax

Nah, Jax players live and breathe by that stupid ass low string into the Ground Pound.
Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time.
BONYA SLADE

User Info: Zimbobweigh

Zimbobweigh
5 days ago#15
and his moves are designed to tilt you. the 1000 slappy slaps in his throw and AMP divekick... infuriating. and you could take a smoke break during his combos, with the spinny spin relaunching you like 3 times

furthermore, the constant jumping of lao players leads me to believe that he is secretly Kytinn, with grasshopper anatomy

User Info: Rusty_Lemon

Rusty_Lemon
4 days ago#16
VENOMOUS75 posted...
You're assuming that's what everyone is doing.

People try taking advantage of their lack of OH and just wait and lowblock, so I'm going to grab. If you decide to actually fight, well I'll mix it up. If you're getting grabbed ridiculously, start countering it. It's not that hard to predict someone who grabs continuously.

Yes
PSN - Patient_Lemon

User Info: solid_kush

solid_kush
4 days ago#17
Rusty_Lemon posted...
VENOMOUS75 posted...
You're assuming that's what everyone is doing.

People try taking advantage of their lack of OH and just wait and lowblock, so I'm going to grab. If you decide to actually fight, well I'll mix it up. If you're getting grabbed ridiculously, start countering it. It's not that hard to predict someone who grabs continuously.

Still feels like a chore and a real drag to play though.
The Official Sektor of the MK Boards. "We are the Lin Kuei. More stealthful than the night... more deadly than the dawn!"

User Info: DarkKombat

DarkKombat
4 days ago#18
I would pay so much money to never have to deal with a Kung Lao player ever again. The throws, always losing the air to air, the f***ing jumping, his mobility. I just hate everything about this character and he has been annoying me since X.
Now playing: Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat 11, Bully
Awaiting: Luigi's Mansion 3
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: WT_Neptune

WT_Neptune
4 days ago#19
Are you guys really too dumb to know that they need to throw you to open you up to getting hit by mids?

Like how many times do we need to teach you this lesson, old man?
MK11: SZ/Frost; SamSho: Sogetsu; SmUlt: Greninja; SFV: Kappa/Claw; BBCF: Jin

User Info: PrimalElz

PrimalElz
4 days ago#20
VENOMOUS75 posted...
It's not about fun. It's about supplementing their lack of skill with a cheap mechanic that requires the other guy to mind read to know which way they intend to throw you.

I lost 5 straight matches today against subzeros and scorpions that slid every other move , axe kicked and threw. Those 3 moves only.

Without having to guess the direction, these matches wouldn't be nearly as close as they've been.

I think this is the worst thing about MK11. It's bad enough I have to anticipate a throw but when I do, I have to guess the direction as well.
I love Monster Hunter so much that I made a Gameplay Music Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRnI9yrzlo
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. To all of you grabby Kung Lao players
  • Post New Message