• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Kabal has low, air and straight projectiles.

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
1 week ago#41
Kabal is super good
Ain't no rest for the wicked.
When your BFF's a BFG, you don't need anyone else watching your back.

User Info: DeusMortem

DeusMortem
1 week ago#42
LightningAce11 posted...
I'm not just talking about his new variation, I'm talking about his character as a whole. My whole first post talks about this.

Okay. Check out the topic I linked and you'll see my explanations for why his KBs aren't good and why his mixups are rather weak, especially against zoners (since his low special sends them across the screen). Still a good character but mostly due to his strong projectile and solid pokes leading to decent damage.
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Veliconis

Veliconis
1 week ago#43
People who complain about Kabal like this must have gotten their asses beat hard.

He's very good but is fair on top of that.

In Clean Cut you have to guess OH/low after b1 and f4. Where's this maddening mix people are clamoring about? Only b12 leads to anything. The OH from f4 doesn't launch and bf2 sends you full screen. Duck and block your way in. Impatience will wreck you.

Mean Streak and Speed Demon have no real OH/low mixup. If you get clipped by low buzz saw, shame on you.

Mean Streak is pressure out the ass at the expense of defensive bar. So I'm potentially setting myself up for failure by doing cancels because if I get launched for messing up, I can't break. Funny how I don't see anyone mentioning this in their complaints...

Speed Demon is all damage with absolutely zero mixups. If you get opened up, that's on you, yeah?

Whomever said Kabal has long ranged buttons needs to check again. He only has b1/d4 if you wanna talk range.

This isn't downplay. It's just trying to curb all of this senseless complaining about Kabal. Can he do to you what Erron, Geras, Sonya, Liu etc can do? No? Then shut up.

His lack of ridiculous mixups is compensated by safety and having to use some actual thought to open up a competent opponent.
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

User Info: OnlySkin

OnlySkin
1 week ago#44
^ so because he has no crazy 50/50% like Sonya he needs to be safe on everything, great range, no flawless block gaps, have a full screen combo starter and great zoning? No
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
1 week ago#45
The downplaying is real. When I played Geras and Erron I never tried to make them seem less weak than they are. They are top tier for a reason.
https://i.imgtc.ws/nDVyBfn.gif

Veliconis
1 week ago#46
OnlySkin posted...
^ so because he has no crazy 50/50% like Sonya he needs to be safe on everything, great range, no flawless block gaps, have a full screen combo starter and great zoning? No
Then what should he have since the only way to open you up is to catch you slipping?

Everyone says what he shouldn't have, but refuse to actually put forth what they think he should have.

If your full screen combo starter is referring to Nomad Dash...

I don't even know how to respond to that. If you get hit by that from full screen, complain to yourself, not about the character.
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
1 week ago#47
Yeah nomad dash, the one that can catch you if you jump to avoid the low projectiles, or neutral duck to avoid the straight ones.

Online it gets even worse because of the delay.

I think across the board his strings need to be more unsafe. With how his strings space you out he can easy steal a turn back if you don't have range. If he were more unsafe he'd actually have to think before spamming.

All projectiles should be locked to one variation. He's a rushdown character, he doesn't need good zoning available all the time.
https://i.imgtc.ws/nDVyBfn.gif

OnlySkin
1 week ago#48
Veliconis posted...
Then what should he have since the only way to open you up is to catch you slipping?

Everyone says what he shouldn't have, but refuse to actually put forth what they think he should have.

If your full screen combo starter is referring to Nomad Dash...

I don't even know how to respond to that. If you get hit by that from full screen, complain to yourself, not about the character.
And who has actual mixups that lead to full combos in this game? Like 5 characters? So he needs to have literally everything else because he has no mixups? Why don't other characters get that? Also normad dash starts in like 23 frames, faster than some combo starters in this game that are far from full screen. I love how all top tier players always act like it's impossible to get hit by their characters tools
(edited 1 week ago)

Veliconis
1 week ago#49
LightningAce11 posted...
Yeah nomad dash, the one that can catch you if you jump to avoid the low projectiles, or neutral duck to avoid the straight ones.

Online it gets even worse because of the delay.

I think across the board his strings need to be more unsafe. With how his strings space you out he can easy steal a turn back if you don't have range. If he were more unsafe he'd actually have to think before spamming.

All projectiles should be locked to one variation. He's a rushdown character, he doesn't need good zoning available all the time.
He can't throw a buzz saw and then Nomad Dash after it to catch you neutral ducking or jumping over it. If you neutral duck and get hit by Nomad Dash from full screen, you need to work on your reactions.

Sounds like some people are either bad or don't know the MU, possibly a mixture of both.

OnlySkin
1 week ago#50
Veliconis posted...
He can't throw a buzz saw and then Nomad Dash after it to catch you neutral ducking or jumping over it. If you neutral duck and get hit by Nomad Dash from full screen, you need to work on your reactions.

Sounds like some people are either bad or don't know the MU, possibly a mixture of both.
nope, sound like some people are downplaying a top tier character
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Kabal has low, air and straight projectiles.
  • Post New Message