• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Kabal has low, air and straight projectiles.

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
1 week ago#21
And yet he's still only about 10% as broken as having Plasma Blast in Mk9.
[Furry and Proud of it ^_^] AUTMAFRWGTDTBT
Official: Wolf of Everything, Madara Uchiha, Muu of UNSR/4, Saberwulf of KI and Cyber Smoke of the MKXL.

User Info: Shibby_123

Shibby_123
1 week ago#22
What do you do against his plus frames? I find myself blocking forever without getting a turn. Sometimes I let him knock me down just to reset neutral.

User Info: metalx88

metalx88
1 week ago#23
Shibby_123 posted...
What do you do against his plus frames? I find myself blocking forever without getting a turn. Sometimes I let him knock me down just to reset neutral.

What plus frames? Nothing you said makes any sense in terms of this game. He has no real plus frames...
PSN-FatherOfWolves....Officially a published author!

User Info: ZoneDrones

ZoneDrones
1 week ago#24
Kabal's strong but fine.

Meanwhile cetrion players after every patch be like

https://media.giphy.com/media/f79vbwTfDihpFZeUfr/giphy.gif
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Shibby_123

Shibby_123
1 week ago#25
metalx88 posted...
What plus frames? Nothing you said makes any sense in terms of this game. He has no real plus frames...

I guess I need to lab with him then, I've read other users post here that he has a lot of plus frames and when I play kabal they keep stealing turns when I try press buttons after strings.

User Info: BBoy2020

BBoy2020
1 week ago#26
Shibby_123 posted...
metalx88 posted...

I guess I need to lab with him then, I've read other users post here that he has a lot of plus frames and when I play kabal they keep stealing turns when I try press buttons after strings.

They're not plus on block, just very safe, they're mostly -2 or -3 OB which doesn't really give you enough time to react before he's blocking.

User Info: -se7en-

-se7en-
1 week ago#27
Shibby_123 posted...
I think your talking about dash cancels in his meanstreak variation. He only gets +1 on block in many of his strings.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: metalx88

metalx88
1 week ago#28
Shibby_123 posted...
metalx88 posted...

I wasn’t trying to be a jerk, looked like it when I re-read my post. You should always be able to D1 (or an equivalent kid as highs can whiff of course) after his strings minus the one with push back.

The only exceptions that I know of without looking are the dash cancels that are mentioned above and his hook restand. He can technically D1 after restand which is a frame trap but that’s not doing much if the opponent is mashing. I do however catch people with F4 after restand because for some reason they always think I’m going to grab.

He is safe on most of his stuff, but not plus enough to keep pressure going. A good tip for fighting Kabal, due to most of his normals being some what stubby, is to walk back after he finishes a string. A lot of players mash with him, and he is very susceptible to whiff punishing.
PSN-FatherOfWolves....Officially a published author!

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
1 week ago#29
Johnny now has a decent matchup against Kabal. He can whiff punish well, and outtake can zone him out, though kabal's projectiles do cause knockdowns to give him advantage.
https://i.imgtc.ws/nDVyBfn.gif

User Info: DeusMortem

DeusMortem
1 week ago#30
Well done pretending he gets all of those things at once.
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Kabal has low, air and straight projectiles.
  • Post New Message