• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Kabal has low, air and straight projectiles.

User Info: serpentaurus

serpentaurus
1 week ago#11
RchHomieQuanChi posted...
There's several characters in this game that have basically no weaknesses and Kabal is one of them.

I mean it's baffling how NRS thought it was okay for Kabal to be as competent at zoning as Jade, but more damage and totally safe on everything.

He has a few.

- His projectile has slow travel speed
- His restanding is not plus enough
- his strings can be perfect blocked at the end
- his air projectile has landing recovery frames
- his dash spin move is 20f startup
- the damage he gets from his highlows is low
- has a bad match with several top tiers

Those are some important disadvantages in this game where sonya basically is the same as him minus the restanding and more damaging mixups, faster fireball, not a lot of perfect blocks and she can make everything safe too.

Then you check matchups and realize he lose to the basic top tier crap like Geras, Liu, Jacquie, etc and that there is really no point in using him at high level unless you are a loyalist.
Now playing: Overwatch, MK11, CTR:NF, DQ11

User Info: OnlySkin

OnlySkin
1 week ago#12
Jesus at those "flaws"...the way that top tier players get spoiled by playing those characters
Full screen combo starter being 20 frames of startup... poor Kabal, meanwhile he does everything Jade can do and her only combo starter is 28 frames with hitbox issues and far smaller range than his dash. They need to either nerf Kabal or Buff Jade or both. Also whoever thought of full screen fatal blows needs to get fired.

User Info: Fell

Fell
1 week ago#13
OnlySkin posted...
Jesus at those "flaws"...the way that top tier players get spoiled by playing those characters
Full screen combo starter being 20 frames of startup... poor Kabal, meanwhile he does everything Jade can do and her only combo starter is 28 frames with hitbox issues and far smaller range than his dash. They need to either nerf Kabal or Buff Jade or both. Also whoever thought of full screen fatal blows needs to get fired.

His "flaws" are only relevant in offline tournaments at the highest level of skill, where they actually matter and can be fully exploited. He is a beast and some people like to downplay him for some reason, it's the same with Baraka and other "under the radar" beasts. He is crazy strong online when "normal" players use him if they're any decent.

Jade is decent in a game where characters don't matter unless they're very good or OP, since balancing is so off when it comes to frames and options.
D'vorah, Noob, Jade, Raiden(RIP) - Fell PC Steam

User Info: BBoy2020

BBoy2020
1 week ago#14
What mixups does he have? I've been trying him out in practice and except the low blade and the low spinner that are in two variations, none of his strings have lows in them. He has to cancel into a special to have any kind of mixup.

Also maybe in his first variation I don't know how to do his dash cancel. It's for his air blade, but nothing happens when I ours forward and R1.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Jimbo190

Jimbo190
1 week ago#15
Worst thing about him is his air options/jumping back. Its extremely difficulty to anti air his jump in or walk back out of it to hunt for a whiff. Mix that in with his screen control from his projectiles and specials and your mobility and spacing is just cut off. You just have to concede the neutral and let him get a free turn on you and hope to make the right choices during the post block game to even be able to play. One of the many horrible character designs that made me drop this game.

User Info: metalx88

metalx88
1 week ago#16
The Kabal over hype is strong in this thread. He’s a very good character for sure, but not as strong as people are making him out to be.
PSN-FatherOfWolves....Officially a published author!
I was thinking of picking him up. I mained him in 9. I miss ol' Crispy Face O'Hoolihan.
Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time.
BONYA SLADE

User Info: BBoy2020

BBoy2020
1 week ago#18
Corspegrinder28 posted...
I was thinking of picking him up. I mained him in 9. I miss ol' Crispy Face O'Hoolihan.

Same here. Despite how boring the character was in previous games, his specials seem really fun to use and he only has like six strings. Seems pretty user friendly.
serpentaurus posted...
- His projectile has slow travel speed
- His restanding is not plus enough
- his strings can be perfect blocked at the end
- his air projectile has landing recovery frames
- his dash spin move is 20f startup
- the damage he gets from his highlows is low
- has a bad match with several top tiers

The big problem is that many of these flaws are complaints about some of his tools not being "good enough" when most of the roster doesn't even have these tools to begin with. Like it's kinda silly to complain about his dash having 20 frames of startup when nobody else has a fullscreen combo starter in the first place (with the exception of Scorpion, I believe). Or there being slight recovery on his air projectiles when Skarlet, a dedicated zoner doesn't even have air projectiles.
I have nothing else to say
kabal loses to geras? can't you just zone him out with the air projectile lol
Official Shao Kahn of the Mk11 boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Kabal has low, air and straight projectiles.
  • Post New Message