• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. How is Raiden not top tier?

User Info: Duck1988

Duck1988
4 days ago#1
- Arguably has the best teleport in the game
- Good zoning
- Good advancing normals
- Has overhead/low starter 50/50 mix-ups
- Has a free get out of the corner move
- Decent combo damage

I mean all of this screams high tier, somebody explain why he isn't?

User Info: Mister_Fresh

Mister_Fresh
4 days ago#2
You call a 27 frame projectile good zoning? Hahaha.

He can't zone compared to most of the cast.
Frost/Sindel/D'vorah

User Info: Duck1988

Duck1988
4 days ago#3
Mister_Fresh posted...

Slow startup but the fast travel time makes up for it. He can be outzoned for sure by better zoners, but the fact that he has one of the best teleports will make people think about it.

User Info: Fell

Fell
4 days ago#4
Try playing Raiden at high rank. He doesnt work for several reasons that will become painfully obvious to you.
No pro has yet made Raiden work and its been months. Many now place him in bottom 5 in the latest tier lists.
D'vorah, Jade, Raiden(RIP) - Fell PC Steam

Fell
4 days ago#5
Duck1988 posted...
Mister_Fresh posted...

Slow startup but the fast travel time makes up for it. He can be outzoned for sure by better zoners, but the fact that he has one of the best teleports will make people think about it.

Slow startup means its much more reactable than other zoning. He will lose trades. This is why you never see the very few high level raiden's zone alot unless theyre playing Raijin in a lame way

His teleport can be poked on reaction, can only be used while grounded (unlike cetrion, noob, kung, scorp) and only in one tournament variation (that is bad and unsafe) and it isnt offensive (
unlike Scorp, Noob or Dvorah). Far teleport (for escapes) cost meter
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
4 days ago#6
I think he’s decent

I do think his zoning options need faster frames and recovery tho. And for his B12 to be safe
The Official Shinnok of the Mortal Kombat 11 boards.
INFIDEL! You are in no position to demand anything!

User Info: MewistloveMew

MewistloveMew
4 days ago#7
Actually, Raiden is.

Fell
4 days ago#8
MewistloveMew posted...
Actually, Raiden is.

No, which is why you see so incredibly few Raidens at high rank online or how not even pros can make him work well in tournaments, not even Kombat and he is a gifted freak.

If he was high tier it would mean he either had mostly favorable/even matchups or that he had many strong options and good frames, depending on the type of tier list. He has not, does not and hence is not.

Raiden is bottom 5 in many recent tier lists, even Mustards and Rooflemongers, and he is almost never used competitively.

Fell
4 days ago#9
Pootbird posted...

I do think his zoning options need faster frames and recovery tho. And for his B12 to be safe

This would help immensely, and is what every Raiden main (although they become fewer every day) has asked for since day 1, especially making B12 safe. I'd also give him a few faster frames in general.
Very obvious and measured things, I can't understand how NRS can be incompetent enough to ignore this.

User Info: ZoneDrones

ZoneDrones
4 days ago#10
Nrs would rather give characters more ways to teleport than give them more strings and neutral tools.

Next patch raiden gets an air teleport.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. How is Raiden not top tier?
  • Post New Message