• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Buff kollector even more

User Info: LimitedZero

LimitedZero
1 week ago#41
To be fair, I never really explored his options outide of chakram, sorrow, kommand grab and tele.
I Am Forever

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
1 week ago#42
Can't you do war quoit amp, vial then f4 war quoit?
https://i.imgtc.ws/nDVyBfn.gif

User Info: serpentaurus

serpentaurus
1 week ago#43
LimitedZero posted...
Has to be standing in the fire.

It kan be tricky at first but it leads to a whole new playstyle with him and if you ask me, its superior to everything else he has, as far as variations go.

Plus, its a launcher, so you kan extend your damage.

I will try out options tomorrow. Gn gotta sleep.
Now playing: Overwatch, MK11, CTR:NF, DQ11

LimitedZero
1 week ago#44
LightningAce11 posted...
Can't you do war quoit amp, vial then f4 war quoit?

Nah, the fire goes away just b4 u kan throw another one.

There are other setups for it though...

Anythnig that staggers, or knocks down end with sorrow, so for example forward 3 into sorrow, usually they try to jump to get out of the fire, at which point they eat a full kombo (used to be ) 30 + % damage...

I like using back 2 3 sorrow and you kan adjust where you want to throw the fire, you use this to kontrol space whilst also setting a trap... Alot of times, they will try and roll towards you on wakeup, at which point they eat a KB (if you have the kommand grab)

Honestly there are alot of creative things you kan do with it.

Im pretty sure you kan AA them, then throw the chakram for the kb, as long as they land in the fire...

Havent used him in a while tbh... Im trying to learn everyone at the moment, so I kan effectively use my eventual main Shang.
I Am Forever
(edited 1 week ago)

LimitedZero
1 week ago#45
serpentaurus posted...
LimitedZero posted...
Has to be standing in the fire.

It kan be tricky at first but it leads to a whole new playstyle with him and if you ask me, its superior to everything else he has, as far as variations go.

Plus, its a launcher, so you kan extend your damage.

I will try out options tomorrow. Gn gotta sleep.

L8r
I Am Forever

LimitedZero
1 week ago#46
I meant to say forward 4 (mace drop) into sorrow, not 3 lol.

Forward 3 into sorrow works as well but it puts you too klose if not properly spaced.

(Kant edit post anymore)
I Am Forever
(edited 1 week ago)

LimitedZero
1 week ago#47
Ok, so you kan hit with (amplified) chakram, sorrow, then throw another chakram and get the kb but they are able to move, or block bc the first amped chakram wears off just b4 you are able to throw the sekond one.

You miiiight get some scrubs with it but overall, not a good idea.

You're much better off using sorrow on stagger and knockdown, or just use it raw if you have enough space... It really helps kontrol space quite well, at least in my experience.

I try to stay just outside of my opponents striking range (but still within my own) at all times with kollector and sorrow helps alot with that.

Back 3 is an amazing button as well bc he moves backwards a decent bit, creating more space whilst also being the best AA in the game imo and you kan always throw it out if your opponent is starting to get too close to check them without fear of being punished.
I Am Forever
(edited 1 week ago)

serpentaurus
1 week ago#48
Ok guys @LightningAce11 @LimitedZero i just tried out the chakram with vial of sorrow AND

IT IS STRONG.

Imo what they should do is

Take away that pointless air projectile ability from second variation and add Chakram instead. That way there will be a definite zoner kollector with green bags, sorrow and chakram, this variation could be great for dealing with kollector bad matchups.

Chakram has some interesing features:

17f startup. Relatively fast recovery (34f, sonya ring is 32f recovery).

Mixes well with Vial of sorrow because after a reset it can confirm to a KB (not sure how viable this could be though).

Ducks high projectiles on startup.

The ex version allows a fullscreen confirm with 4

B3 > chakram is amazing and works at any ranges

Regular version allows a comfirm with teleport when there is a trade with a fullscreen projectile

Not anything op but definitely nice.

If they make a 3rd variation with lamp powerup and chakram and vial of sorrow it could be nice too, but it would lose some firepower. Both teleport and green bag are better with chakram and vial of sorrow. Hell even the pointless air comet projectile👌

I think i will be training vial of sorrow/chakram/lamp from now on to see what i can get before the variations patch.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DeanToskic

DeanToskic
1 week ago#49
Told you the Chakram was awesome Serp.

NRS would be making a big mistake not putting Chakram and VoS in the 3rd variation.
Rest in Peace Mileena. Former Empress of Outworld.
Taken too soon, but her memory will live on.

serpentaurus
1 week ago#50
DeanToskic posted...
Told you the Chakram was awesome Serp.

NRS would be making a big mistake not putting Chakram and VoS in the 3rd variation.

Found this.

https://twitter.com/Serp_COL/status/1172200144932134915?s=20

And yeah the upgraded lamp is extremely pointless with chakram lol

That move could use some buffs.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Buff kollector even more
  • Post New Message