• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Buff kollector even more

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
1 week ago#1
His 2 1+3 needs to be special cancelled into anything.

223 needs to be safer.

F2 should have faster startup.

Teleport needs less recovery.

F12 needs to tick throw.

His second variation needs the air vials built in and not a separate ability, so he can have a slot free for the war quoit toss, leading to that krushing blow.
https://i.imgtc.ws/nDVyBfn.gif

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
1 week ago#2
I think his restand should have a few frames of advantage rather than being neutral
The Official Shinnok of the Mortal Kombat 11 boards.
INFIDEL! You are in no position to demand anything!

User Info: ComeAtMeBrah

ComeAtMeBrah
1 week ago#3
I'd be totally happy if he had the chakram instead of the bola and that's it. Although bola cancels are great for f***ing with the opponents head.

User Info: serpentaurus

serpentaurus
1 week ago#4
Ehm...

As a kollector player. Naaah

Those buff are kinda pointless. Things he actually need:

Lamp to not be like total frame 65f special with 15f startup. 15. Frames. Startup. To try to catch a fast fireball 🤣. It should be like 5f startup and the whole special should be like 30f (20 recovery, 10 active)

The 32 KB requirements should change (has to crouch and block to trigger lol). Just hitting with it should trigger the KB like mpst of the others OHs KBs in the game. Right now that KB is worthless

The chain KB requirement should chamge too. Right now it only activate if you fully charge Bola. Thats like 80f lol worthless. Kollector biggest weakness is that his KB are not functional compared to the top tier. It should change to "Bola hit on counterhit". Or "After hitting 2 Bolas" or something like that. Also both bf2 and db2 bolas should have it

- 2nd variation needs a full rework. It is not just technical aspects that make it bad. The green projectile is just garbage. It never hits where you want it to hit. So probably change the angles and improve the hitbox and startup to make it more useful. The unblockable projectile is still garbage because the recovery and damage is just bad. Too much risk for nothing. So probably make it faster and/or cancellable from certain things by spending bar. For example, from db3 or 2 1+3 4. And second projectile also needs a hitbox, it doesnt matter if it doesnt do damage. Just make them block or else you eat insta fullscreen dash that a lot of characters have.

That should be enough. If you want to make him top tier... (read next post)
Now playing: Overwatch, MK11, CTR:NF, DQ11

serpentaurus
1 week ago#5
Top tier kollector

- make 13 +2 ob (right now it is -2) and 19 recovery frames instead of 26

- make f12 to fully catch and allow a confirm to characters jumping

- b2 to have 18 recovery frames and be -2 or -1 (down from -6). And to have 9 startup frames (the same s*** all the top tiers have)

- To implement again the dash cancel, even if at the spend of defense meter

- 2 1+3 to be +4 oh (up from 0)

- his projectile to have less recovery frames and ex version to hit crouching characters

- make b3 to cause more juggle frames to link it with soul ball any moment

- To make b1 cancellable on block and b12 cancellable into specials

- Give him some sort of reward for absorving projectiles. Like 1 point of armor on f3 or 1 point of projectile invencibility on f3, or recharge 1/2 of the attack/defense bar. He really needs something to deal with zoners. Also allow lamp to absorb low projectiles (Like Liu and Cassie low hitting fireballs) and lamp to be insta cancellable spending defense meter.

There you go perfectly strong Kollector.

LightningAce11
1 week ago#6
Tick throwing from f12 could be good though. Adds another mixup to that string.

And yeah, 3 2 should be kb if the overhead hits and the first hit does not.

Second variation could add tracking to the vials, and maybe an amplify to throw the bomb for a launch. Maybe vials could drain meter or prevent jumping?

I agree on the chain kb.

I think he can be more safe.

User Info: LimitedZero

LimitedZero
1 week ago#7
When you do get the reflekt, it should last longer... It should go full screen... That would help make up for the atrocious start up.
I Am Forever

LightningAce11
1 week ago#8
His reflect should be like nightwolf's reflect, or like the one hit of armor.

Or that slow ass projectile should track the opponent full screen.

serpentaurus
1 week ago#9
LimitedZero posted...
When you do get the reflekt, it should last longer... It should go full screen... That would help make up for the atrocious start up.

Definitely. It should go faster, last longer and eat more projectiles. That move just dont exist right now because you cant do it on reaction, and if you do it as a hard read, the risk is too high (shortest version has the same frame count of Shao Priest special because they made the active frames very long for some reason)

Tracking to the vials would be a little bit OP for this game 🤣 add that to the top tier kollector list.

He definitely needs to be safer. Everything he has is over 24 recovery frames and negative. And the chain is -14 ob, punishable for certain characters. He is a very poorly designed character compared to the top tiers, imo, and mere damage buffs wont just fix him.

User Info: LimitedZero

LimitedZero
1 week ago#10
LightningAce11 posted...
Tick throwing from f12 could be good though. Adds another mixup to that string.

And yeah, 3 2 should be kb if the overhead hits and the first hit does not.

Second variation could add tracking to the vials, and maybe an amplify to throw the bomb for a launch. Maybe vials could drain meter or prevent jumping?

I agree on the chain kb.

I think he can be more safe.

I dont like the idea of the vials tracking... I use them to kontrol space and set traps (in kustom variation for the kb on his projectile)

Honestly, he is very good the way he is rn, he is just still highly underrated.
I Am Forever
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Buff kollector even more
  • Post New Message