• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. New Tech: String cancel OS

User Info: Frosted_Midna

Frosted_Midna
4 days ago#31
Hopefully it gets patched out!
It's more than good, it's alive!
Warning: May contain stone hat pieces http://i.imgur.com/N6v5qZx.jpg

User Info: -se7en-

-se7en-
4 days ago#32
Yup I can see also see this being patched out. This is some game breaking glitch. It completely removes all the risk in the game.

User Info: serpentaurus

serpentaurus
4 days ago#33
This existed for 5 years in street foghter 4 and it only made the game more interesting. This exist in several good fighting games.

The execution required for doing this consistently is high. You have to be an expert for doing this. Yeah it is very strong but not busted as some ppl are claiming. The risk of droping is high and that means you get punished.

MK players want easy to perform s*** that gives high reward for low risk and effort. They re scared cause their whole gimmick could come to an end if more advanced stuff like this becomes metagame for future MK tournaments. I can assure you that most of the ppl complaining cannot hit this in the lab 2 out of 10 times and they feel they would be out of the game if this sticks (which i doubt, for now)

It is super fun that the Liu Kang players are the ones claiming that this takes away the risk/reward in the game when it does not, just adds more layers to the attack options. Basically what they do, confirm everything with 1 string 🤣. That would increase the chance of s***ty characters to compete with top tier but only if you are an execution expert.

Is it a bold thing in mk? Yes
Does it break the game? No.
Is the mk community garbage for calling for a ban to this one day after discovering it exists? Absolutely.

It adds more.

Jesus christ even in SFV do i have a couple of option selects with Zeku and Ibuki and that game is simple AF 🤣🤣
Now playing: Overwatch, MK11, CTR:NF, DQ11
(edited 4 days ago)

serpentaurus
4 days ago#34
metalx88 posted...
To my understanding it doesn’t work if 1+3 is in the string, but I could be wrong.

Also...this isn’t anything more than exploiting a system by adding more buttons...it’s not doing anything with fundamentals or improving the actual skill of a player.

Stupid s***.

There is a fundamental skill called "execution" that new age fighting games players apparently dont need.

User Info: metalx88

metalx88
4 days ago#35
serpentaurus posted...
metalx88 posted...
To my understanding it doesn’t work if 1+3 is in the string, but I could be wrong.

Also...this isn’t anything more than exploiting a system by adding more buttons...it’s not doing anything with fundamentals or improving the actual skill of a player.

Stupid s***.

There is a fundamental skill called "execution" that new age fighting games players apparently dont need.

It’s a nuisance, and in this case it completely contradicts the frame data concept.

I’m also 31, and not new age at all. I just think it’s annoying, and plenty of high end competitors (with high end execution) agree that it’s not a welcomed rediscovery.
PSN-FatherOfWolves....Officially a published author!
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Bellethor

Bellethor
4 days ago#36
Great, now not only can I not have any mids to get a full combo hit confirm off of, characters like Sub get a safe 50/50 KB.

Hope this gets patched. Shao is now f***ed.
Mains MK11: Shao Kahn, Noob Saibot KI: Thunder, Mira DBFZ: 18, 16, Cooler SFV: Cammy White, Abigail

serpentaurus
4 days ago#37
undefined posted... Great, now not only can I not have any mids to get a full combo hit confirm off of, characters like Sub get a safe 50/50 KB. Hope this gets patched. Shao is now f***ed.

Cant Shao autonconfirm f34 1+3 now though? @Bellethor

Bellethor
4 days ago#38
serpentaurus posted...
undefined posted... Great, now not only can I not have any mids to get a full combo hit confirm off of, characters like Sub get a safe 50/50 KB. Hope this gets patched. Shao is now f***ed.

Cant Shao autonconfirm f34 1+3 now though? @Bellethor

It doesn't seem to work with moves like 1+3
Mains MK11: Shao Kahn, Noob Saibot KI: Thunder, Mira DBFZ: 18, 16, Cooler SFV: Cammy White, Abigail

User Info: OnlySkin

OnlySkin
4 days ago#39
Hopefully this gets patched out, Sonya and Sub really don't need to be any better than they already are.

Bellethor
4 days ago#40
OnlySkin posted...
Hopefully this gets patched out, Sonya and Sub really don't need to be any better than they already are.

They're like XXX+ Legendary Super Saiyan God Blue Master Ultra Instinct Kaioken x20 tier now.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. New Tech: String cancel OS
  • Post New Message