• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. New Tech: String cancel OS

User Info: serpentaurus

serpentaurus
1 week ago#11
ZoneDrones posted...
You can use any button but I'm using the block button. And assuming your block button is RT (R2)

You gotta input F3>RT>4 then RT again to cancel if the first hit was blocked. If it wasn't you don't press RT.

Most of shaos strings are hit confirmable already though so I don't think it'll be that useful for him.

It could be useful but not like that

F34 L1 1+3 L1

Like this i see potential if it is even possible because you could autocofirm the second kick which is the frametrap, into the grab that is lile -15. But idk if it is possible, this tech looks not very reliable.
Now playing: Overwatch, MK11, CTR:NF, DQ11

User Info: ZoneDrones

ZoneDrones
1 week ago#12
Pootbird posted...
I don’t understand

Basically stuff that you had to hard commit to but were unsafe can be cancelled if the opponent blocks.

ZoneDrones
1 week ago#13
serpentaurus posted...
ZoneDrones posted...
You can use any button but I'm using the block button. And assuming your block button is RT (R2)

You gotta input F3>RT>4 then RT again to cancel if the first hit was blocked. If it wasn't you don't press RT.

Most of shaos strings are hit confirmable already though so I don't think it'll be that useful for him.

It could be useful but not like that

F34 L1 1+3 L1

Like this i see potential if it is even possible because you could autocofirm the second kick which is the frametrap, into the grab that is lile -15. But idk if it is possible, this tech looks not very reliable.

Thing is F34 1+3 is already hit confirmable and there's no point in using the tech there. That's why I used the example I did.

User Info: The_Numerous

The_Numerous
1 week ago#14
ZoneDrones posted...
The_Numerous posted...
I thought this was known already tho, through inputting wavedashing away while doing a combo so if they block you cancel and retreat instead of finishing? Cool you could do it with buttons besides block I guess.

I dunno what that tech is you're talking about but nah this is completely new to what seems like all the pros.

It's the exact same tech, just using a different button from block. This is just a case of the pros catching up with casuals a few people I play with have known this for forever now. It seems they don't know about moving foward and backwards while simultaneously bobbing up and down, effectively buffering/hiding/canceling down inputs while advancing/retreating. I never see them do that at any tourneys.. Great for teleport characters, for example.

VENOMOUS75 posted...
I'm not sure I'm understanding this.

say, as Shao Kahn, I do F3, 4 and the opponent blocks, how do I... Cancel?

So you would do f3, any other button, 4, any other button. Friends and I had figured that out by mashing wave dash inputs while inputting a combo to retreat if they blocked it. If they block, you don't finish the string. If they don't block the string finishes.

What's interesting here from me just testing now is when you use any other other button besides block you don't have to be as careful. There's a certain timing when doing it with block it seems, depending on the string so that you get the option select instead of ending it with a block. What raptor is saying with any other button it's actually easier, as there's zero chance any other button but block can do anything to stop the option select, while it's possible to mess up the option select with block and, well, blocking instead if you don't time it right
Noblesse oblige

ZoneDrones
1 week ago#15
Obi14bf2 posted...
So lemme see if I got this: Shao Kahn’s 2,1,2. If I press 2,1,L1,2 but it gets blocked then Shao will stagger the string and only his 2,1 will come out? But if it’s not blocked then the whole 2,1,2 will come out?

Yeah that's the idea but you gotta press L1 a second time to cancel the string. But again with shao khan you can just like not press the last hit if they block lol.

User Info: DarkKombat

DarkKombat
1 week ago#16
Getting mechanics that most people know that isn’t deep isn’t really tech. Shows that this game really needs more mechanics and tech
Now playing: Super Mario Maker 2, Sekiro, Minecraft, Skyrim
Awaiting: Luigi's Mansion 3

User Info: serpentaurus

serpentaurus
1 week ago#17
ZoneDrones posted...
Thing is F34 1+3 is already hit confirmable and there's no point in using the tech there. That's why I used the example I did.

It is not if they block f3 but dont block the 4 afterward. Thats the whole point of this tech. To autoconfirm 1 block then 1 hit strings.

That said, i was testing, and yes you can cancel the stright but i didnt find a timing for autoconfirming it without messing the cancel. Maybe i need to do it faster. Got a lot to train i guess...
Now playing: Overwatch, MK11, CTR:NF, DQ11

ZoneDrones
1 week ago#18
https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/1171603280948056064

I have average execution for this but not surprised sonic's making it work for cassie. Looks kinda ridiculous lol.
(edited 1 week ago)

ZoneDrones
1 week ago#19
DarkKombat posted...
Getting mechanics that most people know that isn’t deep isn’t really tech. Shows that this game really needs more mechanics and tech

Ok.
I thought this was commonly known.
Favorite Characters: Exdeath, Baiken, Q, Hakumen, KOF Seth, Jade
Terrible offense, great defense
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. New Tech: String cancel OS
  • Post New Message