You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
2. MK11's first character pack has half of its content being guest over fan favorites (like the ninjas). The pack is being stretched out longer than normal, so no fan favorites for a very long time (besides Sindel). Who's to say MK11 will survive another year. The regular fan base has no reason to stick around when their characters is known as highly wanted, but can be disregarded by a guest character.
3. Many people like guest characters (me included).
4. How do you create player retention/brand growth with guest? Just like all the players from other scenes returning to their original scene, it seems the NRS' games are more front-loaded then peter out after the novelty wears off. Look at many other fighting games without guest.Potential player retention is maximized. Games that put in too many guest will have future retention problems.
5. NRS' games are starting to look more like advertising platforms than games for MK fans.
6. Tekken's guest dlc approach is way better Imo.
"in Japan, I can be my own antenna, but abroad that doesn't work". - Satoru Iwata
What always kills it greed and also poor content management imo them drip feeding us characters and making these timed towers have skins locked behind it instead of having other options to unlock them. People with work schedules tend to miss certain events never to be seen again.