• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Fatal Blows being a prerequisite character towers is dumb

User Info: NamSane

NamSane
3 weeks ago#1
I’m trying to do all 5 stages in all the character towers, but any of the stages that have fatal blows as a prerequisite make the grind even more of a slog. I’m no amazing player, but for the most part, I can run through every tower without needing to use a fatal blow, if I wasn’t required to. I always end up having to set the controller down for a little to take damage, just to be in a position to use one. The best solution I’ve found to making it go by a little quicker is going into classic survival towers and let myself get really weak in the first fight and then I can start subsequent fights with lower health and grind out the remaining fatal blows. I wish that the prerequisite was changed out for something less annoying, like 50 grabs or more crushing blows or something. I know the game is kind of about then grind when it comes to unlockables, but I really do wish they could make some sort of adjustment.

User Info: metalx88

metalx88
3 weeks ago#2
It’s an annoying requirement for sure. My main gripe is that you obviously get one a fight...so I often find myself having to go in klassic tower, take a beating, and then landing one just for the requirement
PSN-FatherOfWolves....Officially a published author!

User Info: pizzacat83

pizzacat83
3 weeks ago#3
Use Orb of the Dragon King and put the game on the easiest difficulty. As soon as it lands, restart the match, makes that requirement piss easy.
SC6: Tira, Maxi, Xianghua ; T7: Gigas, Bear, Anna ; VF5: Eileen, Jeffry, Blaze
UNIST: Byakuya, Vatista, Waldstein ; MK11: D'Vorah, Kano, Kollector

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
3 weeks ago#4
pizzacat83 posted...
Use Orb of the Dragon King and put the game on the easiest difficulty. As soon as it lands, restart the match, makes that requirement piss easy.

Did people not know about this?
Your ass is grass and I'm gonna mow it. / I'm also going to say this, Hunter Schafer is hot. Fight me. / I want my nipple clamps full of amps.

User Info: knuxnole

knuxnole
3 weeks ago#5
InhumaneRaider posted...
pizzacat83 posted...

no, I've never heard of this in my life

How do you even get the Orb of the Dragon King?
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782

User Info: Dragonkeeper82

Dragonkeeper82
3 weeks ago#6
It’s been known since the beginning that’s y they’re possibly the most important/used consumable; Geras is the one that it doesn’t work so well with due to his constant AI spamming the same combos/sand traps, but at least it helps with his flawless victories and wins.

Dragonkeeper82
3 weeks ago#7
They’re usually either in krypt chest as a random consumable prize or in Brutal Mode towers (they’re used by hitting L1 when at consumable screen for consumables used for entire tower, not 1 round); they’re a big yellow eyeball.

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
3 weeks ago#8
knuxnole posted...
InhumaneRaider posted...
pizzacat83 posted...

no, I've never heard of this in my life

How do you even get the Orb of the Dragon King?

-__-
Your ass is grass and I'm gonna mow it. / I'm also going to say this, Hunter Schafer is hot. Fight me. / I want my nipple clamps full of amps.

User Info: TsunamiBlue

TsunamiBlue
3 weeks ago#9
Dragonkeeper82 posted...
It’s been known since the beginning that’s y they’re possibly the most important/used consumable; Geras is the one that it doesn’t work so well with due to his constant AI spamming the same combos/sand traps, but at least it helps with his flawless victories and wins.

While we are talking about flawless victories what’s the easiest way to get them? I was planning on using Reiko’s shurikans and the orb of the dragon king on the easiest settings.

Dragonkeeper82
3 weeks ago#10
Set AI to Survivor Tower (Classic Tower) on very easy with the character you want and go do other things close by and keep hitting X button. Use this consumable if u want it faster/Fatal Blow count.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Fatal Blows being a prerequisite character towers is dumb
  • Topic Archived