• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. This Games Krypt Is Monotonous And Damn Near Physically Painful. MKD Was Better

User Info: FrancisManancis

FrancisManancis
4 weeks ago#1
MKD Krpyt was grindy but you embraced the grind because you knew what you were looking for was located. Same with MKDA. This games krypt is just tedious. The randomized drops are pure AIDS. Its beautiful trash. At this point I very seldom spend coins. I just explore and look.

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
4 weeks ago#2
I opened up everything within The Krypt within like a week

Got everything I wanted from The Shrine within a couple month

Just got Kronika Vault stuff to deal with now

Nothing wrong with having something to work towards
The Official Shinnok of the Mortal Kombat 11 boards.
INFIDEL! You are in no position to demand anything!

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
4 weeks ago#3
Pootbird posted...

Poot, you have NO life.

Mmmk?
Major Kirinix Kardinale ~ Commander of Havoc Squad
https://i.imgtc.ws/Sq3yBrI.jpg

User Info: OZ_Archangel

OZ_Archangel
4 weeks ago#4
I agree with tc, prefer older methods I dont want to be spending grinding it out in the krypt walking around. I want to be playing the game. Far too much random things to unlock meaning your time and focus is spent out of the actual combat and instead fetch questing and looking for gear and items and coins
Chicago Bulls | Barcelona | Atlanta Falcons | Ottawa Senators | San Jose Sharks | Cronulla Sharks | Viper | Raikkonnen | Roman Reigns | Randy Orton | Roy Jones

User Info: Dragonkeeper82

Dragonkeeper82
4 weeks ago#5
I just hate the fact that the concept art/music/recipes are locked out after about 5th run through the Krypt.

Has anyone unlocked all of them?

User Info: SmashK

SmashK
4 weeks ago#6
The setting and atmosphere of MK11's Krypt is fantastic. I love getting to see more of the surrounding areas by iconic locations such as the Pit, the Warrior Shrine, Goro's Lair, etc.

The randomized drops don't bother me because I've never used a cheat sheet to find something. So this is business as usual for me.

I swear we won't have a Krypt in MK12 or MK13 though after all the whining about MK11's. This generation of whiny gamers who have to have everything in a week (even though they won't use 98% of the s*** they get) will ruin once loved modes such as the Krypt.

I understand the frustration of not being able to get that one specific piece of gear you want, but some people act like without that one piece, the game isn't worth playing at all, which is silly. There are flaws in the Krypt's design (I'm NOT saying there aren't), but I don't believe it's as terrible as some people like to proclaim.

User Info: FrancisManancis

FrancisManancis
4 weeks ago#7
SmashK posted...
The setting and atmosphere of MK11's Krypt is fantastic. I love getting to see more of the surrounding areas by iconic locations such as the Pit, the Warrior Shrine, Goro's Lair, etc.

The randomized drops don't bother me because I've never used a cheat sheet to find something. So this is business as usual for me.

I swear we won't have a Krypt in MK12 or MK13 though after all the whining about MK11's. This generation of whiny gamers who have to have everything in a week (even though they won't use 98% of the s*** they get) will ruin once loved modes such as the Krypt.

I understand the frustration of not being able to get that one specific piece of gear you want, but some people act like without that one piece, the game isn't worth playing at all, which is silly. There are flaws in the Krypt's design (I'm NOT saying there aren't), but I don't believe it's as terrible as some people like to proclaim.

Ita not whining. Its logical criticism. Randomized loot is the devil's work. The krypt is damn near unplayable because of it and it's one the things MK11 got panned for 11. MK11 would be a damn near perfect game without it.

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
4 weeks ago#8
FNFred posted...
Pootbird posted...

Poot, you have NO life.

Mmmk?

It really doesn’t take long to unlock up all the Krypt.

Send Noob AI to grind towers, do Kollector Koin towers with the Koin multiplier

Be fortunate enough to have done to head glitch like me
EZ
The Official Shinnok of the Mortal Kombat 11 boards.
INFIDEL! You are in no position to demand anything!

User Info: ShadowRaiden00

ShadowRaiden00
4 weeks ago#9
The Krypt is outright bad, period.

Any argument that earning things and being able to specifically target an item is a bad thing is automatically stupid. Theres far too much stuff stuck in the random shrine, thats pure laziness. I don't care at all about the atmosphere of the actual krypt, I can say easily one thing the dark ages did better was krypt. Add towers of time to that, and AI Battle is even worse.

All of this is clearly designed to force artificial replay value.
Black Chapters
http://i.imgur.com/T5VJ5Mi.gifv http://i.imgur.com/F3Yu7Aw.gifv http://i.imgur.com/7s86tr1.gif https://i.imgur.com/9AWzF1C.gifv

User Info: Dragonkeeper82

Dragonkeeper82
4 weeks ago#10
This is my favorite Krypt so far but would like to see a few things either fixed or at least explained why some things don’t work.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. This Games Krypt Is Monotonous And Damn Near Physically Painful. MKD Was Better
  • Topic Archived