You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Excuses all day. Why can't players admit they got outplayed?
Is it just me or players like to make excuses everytime they lose? You know the usual scorpion is OP etc.

When you beat that same player with Kotal Kahn then they use the lag option select. Or some other bs excuse. I find this so pathetic.

I swear players like this are cancer. What do yall think?
"Fall to Confusion" ~ Itachi
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: ZenTTox

ZenTTox
6 days ago#2
The Lag is really bad though, so what if it really is the lag?

User Info: Mechani11Kong

Mechani11Kong
6 days ago#3
Sometimes I do wonder "what could have been" if my wake up roll activated at that crucial moment instead of my character just standing up and eating a combo and dying.
PSN: Shin-Kong

User Info: phil227

phil227
6 days ago#4
I can admit a loss, my skill in fighting games has been going since Mortal Kombat X.

Every day my fighting game skill is slipping away, 5 years ago I could go probably toe-to-toe with the top 20 at EVO.
Commentary-free, No facecam, all gameplay. YouTube: Gaming with Phil227

User Info: Dcrenshaw04

Dcrenshaw04
6 days ago#5
phil227 posted...
I can admit a loss, my skill in fighting games has been going since Mortal Kombat X.

Every day my fighting game skill is slipping away, 5 years ago I could go probably toe-to-toe with the top 20 at EVO.

Back in '82, I used to be able to toss a pigskin a quarter of a mile.
With the patience of a viper, Black eliminated them all.
PSN-Crenshaw4

User Info: Itachi_Sasuke13

Itachi_Sasuke13
6 days ago#6
Mechani11Kong posted...
Sometimes I do wonder "what could have been" if my wake up roll activated at that crucial moment instead of my character just standing up and eating a combo and dying.

Damn i thought i was the only one. Get up roll does not work 100% of the time.
"Fall to Confusion" ~ Itachi

User Info: solid_kush

solid_kush
6 days ago#7
Itachi_Sasuke13 posted...
Is it just me or players like to make excuses everytime they lose? You know the usual scorpion is OP etc.

When you beat that same player with Kotal Kahn then they use the lag option select. Or some other bs excuse. I find this so pathetic.

I swear players like this are cancer. What do yall think?

I mirror matched a Sub Zero player yesterday in Ranked. I won 2/1, it was the scrubbiest 50/50 fight of the century lmao! It could’ve been anyone’s game.

The guy messaged me later telling me that I’m trash and did no combos, but I was doing the exact same s*** he was doing it was awful.

Scrub Zero mirror match is a hilarious matchup.
The Official Sektor of the MK Boards. "We are the Lin Kuei. More stealthful than the night... more deadly than the dawn!"

User Info: Rusty_Lemon

Rusty_Lemon
6 days ago#8
Itachi_Sasuke13 posted...
Mechani11Kong posted...

Damn i thought i was the only one. Get up roll does not work 100% of the time.

It doesn't, but apparently you just suck according to most people if you can't them do well. Lmao. Wildness
Yes
PSN - Patient_Lemon
I think regardless of what character was used, admitting you lost is more honorable than making excuses about why it happened. Staying honorable and classy is the way to go.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Excuses all day. Why can't players admit they got outplayed?