• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. I said it before : NRS needs to get its lore together

User Info: Milnerj

Milnerj
1 month ago#21
Yeah but when u have such a brilliant plot device as time travel, you can apparently invest hardly any thought in creating a cohesive story. I swear the guy who pitched the time travel schtick probably won employee of century at nrs

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
1 month ago#22
Mechani11Kong posted...
3D era stuff is practically non-canon at this point. NRS wants to be rid of that stuff.

That's true in some respects, but they're obviously still referring to him as a "god".
Former Athiest Patrick Glynn "Today concrete data points in the direction of the God hypothesis the simplest most obvious solution."God: The Evidence

User Info: shark317

shark317
1 month ago#23
VENOMOUS75 posted...
Mechani11Kong posted...
3D era stuff is practically non-canon at this point. NRS wants to be rid of that stuff.

That's true in some respects, but they're obviously still referring to him as a "god".

Keep in mind that we are talking about braggart extraordinaire Shao Kahn. He stops in the middle of matches to tell you that you suck and derisively calls challengers “mortals” although he has been shown to be fairly mortal himself.

Canonically, he has been stated to be, at least originally, a demigod like Raiden. However, he has renounced his role so that he can remain at full power as he crosses into other realms to conquer them. Raiden needed Shinnok’s amulet to power him up in the Netherrealm, for example.

Also, Outworld has been stated to have “gods” like Earthrealm (which has more than 2) in MK3. But since an invasion of Outworld hasn’t really been a focus, the Outworld pantheon isn’t thought to be as important. Shao Kahn definitely made a cult of himself the predominant “religion” of Outworld anyway.

User Info: ChrisObama

ChrisObama
1 month ago#24
Mortal Kombat needs to go independant. WB has ruined Mortal Kombat, I feel MK has become so more restricted ever since they got owned by WB.

User Info: SasTheVirtuous

SasTheVirtuous
1 month ago#25
No chance this ever happens. They came up with the multiple timelines thing so that old fans can cling on to hope that the stories they grew up believing in are true, just in a different timeline. And the new timeline is there to excuse all the inconsistencies/changes/omissions/plotholes etc.

User Info: Eraldus

Eraldus
1 month ago#26
MK's story has been horrible ever since MK9, when they decided to reboot it, then realized they made it worse than the original, so they wanted to end it with MK11, while doing a terrible job at it.

I miss the time when MK was developed by Midway and John Tobias was still involved with MK... those were the golden times of this series...

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
1 month ago#27
Eraldus posted...
MK's story has been horrible ever since MK9, when they decided to reboot it, then realized they made it worse than the original, so they wanted to end it with MK11, while doing a terrible job at it.

I miss the time when MK was developed by Midway and John Tobias was still involved with MK... those were the golden times of this series...

There were certain things I liked about mk9, but I agree, the golden age was when Tobias still had a hand in the series.
Former Athiest Patrick Glynn "Today concrete data points in the direction of the God hypothesis the simplest most obvious solution."God: The Evidence

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
1 month ago#28
MK9 was pretty much the perfect MK game. Storywise, especially. It took all the old, tired cliched story of the original trilogy and went to a very exciting place with it, at the same time, it got away from the mess the 3D stories had become.

I honestly feel MK9 was so great that it will always be impossible for any MK title after it to not be a bit of a disappointment, comparitively.

User Info: ChrisObama

ChrisObama
1 month ago#29
Eraldus posted...

They dont know what to do at this point thats how much they f***ed up.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. I said it before : NRS needs to get its lore together
  • Topic Archived