• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. I said it before : NRS needs to get its lore together

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
1 month ago#1
There's a tower up called war for the War God and Shao Kahn is the final character on that tower. One of his skins is called God of Warfare... Mk Deception claimed that he and Raiden are the same species. He's a god. And yet, Shao Kahn considered Kronika to be a legend. Raiden knew who she was, didn't he? Or am I mistaken there?

I've seen people say Liu can't beat Raiden, but it's perfectly acceptable for Kitana to beat Shao Kahn? Apparently, some people on the staff understand the characters'traits and others don't.
Former Athiest Patrick Glynn "Today concrete data points in the direction of the God hypothesis the simplest most obvious solution."God: The Evidence

User Info: C Redfield

C Redfield
1 month ago#2
You're gonna love when Sindel comes out.
Welcome to Gamefaqs. They finally have an edit button.

User Info: NintendogDaddy

NintendogDaddy
1 month ago#3
I just assume the lore is flexible and expect minor changes from game to game.

I would love for it to be more consistent though.
Official Kotal Kahn of the Mortal Kombat 11 board
Darkseid is...

VENOMOUS75
1 month ago#4
C Redfield posted...
You're gonna love when Sindel comes out.

I can only imagine.
Former Athiest Patrick Glynn "Today concrete data points in the direction of the God hypothesis the simplest most obvious solution."God: The Evidence

User Info: JohnMc1

JohnMc1
1 month ago#5
They've gone the way of Dc Comics "f*** Continuity" mindset. Fitting since both companies are owned by WB.

VENOMOUS75
1 month ago#6
JohnMc1 posted...
They've gone the way of Dc Comics "f*** Continuity" mindset. Fitting since both companies are owned by WB.

What's worse is the inconsistencies are happening in the same game. He's literally being referred to as a god in some places, but in the story he's just a hired thug for Kronika and a way for Kitana to get a boost

User Info: ZenTTox

ZenTTox
1 month ago#7
Lore is the least of their problems.

User Info: NintendogDaddy

NintendogDaddy
1 month ago#8
JohnMc1 posted...

The problem with DC is that none of the writers respect each others work. Everyone does their own thing. That is what editors are supposed to be for but who knows what is going on over there.
Official Kotal Kahn of the Mortal Kombat 11 board
Darkseid is...

User Info: JohnMc1

JohnMc1
1 month ago#9
VENOMOUS75 posted...
JohnMc1 posted...

What's worse is the inconsistencies are happening in the same game. He's literally being referred to as a god in some places, but in the story he's just a hired thug for Kronika and a way for Kitana to get a boost

Its ridiculous. Its like no one reads these scripts before signing off on it. NRS can be so bush league at times.

User Info: masterman97

masterman97
1 month ago#10
JohnMc1 posted...

Too much effort required to think and grow established lore.

They always have these great ideas but then they get confused halfway through, forget how they want to connect things together, and inevitably flip tables on some babyrage s*** once they realize they’ve written themselves into a corner.

“Welp f*** that, let’s start over!”
My keys are missing again.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. I said it before : NRS needs to get its lore together
  • Topic Archived