• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. I can't wait until Scorpion gets nerfed

User Info: Akashia

Akashia
4 weeks ago#41
well that's what happens when scorpion is the face of mk. lots of people love and use him. just learn to counter everything he does and then scorpion isn't that bad of a deal. get good against scorpion

User Info: WT_Neptune

WT_Neptune
4 weeks ago#42
VENOMOUS75 posted...
NaughtySenpai69 posted...
SkittySaysMeow posted...
WT_Neptune posted...
I can't wait until this board stops being merely an outlet to b**** about the top tiers.

When the balance is the biggest dampener on the gameplay (except maybe hitbox issues) then it’s warranted.

Which it is not.

Last major I watched had 2 Kano's in top 8. You're bad, face it. No amount of complaining and nerfing will make you win more.

Kano isn't exactly defenseless. His command grabs are pretty good and he's at least, somewhat quick. If you had said Shao Khan or Dvorrah had made it, you might have had a valid point.

Buff those two then.
I'm pro global warming. Let's melt those icecaps. The planet has always belonged to the ocean.
Mains: Water characters, mimic characters, randomized characters.

User Info: LORDVADER110

LORDVADER110
4 weeks ago#43
I have to being him out if

A they are spamming
B teleporting
C blocking all my Sonya combos.
Feel the power of the dark side. You smart mouths.

User Info: Dragonkeeper82

Dragonkeeper82
4 weeks ago#44
He does seriously need nerfed, his throws are rediculously better than most the roster, wake-ups are insane n if blocked some characters like Kitana can’t punish him, he needs a cool-down on his teleport punch, swinging spear attack needs serious adjustments. I bodied 5 in a row last night because I’m getting so used to fighting him, it’s becoming boring and they’re the same ones that will scream/curse if u have to use cheap tactics to keep up with them, I feel like I’m in a spoiled brat infested nursery when playing against them.

User Info: SkittySaysMeow

SkittySaysMeow
4 weeks ago#45
NaughtySenpai69 posted...
SkittySaysMeow posted...
WT_Neptune posted...
I can't wait until this board stops being merely an outlet to b**** about the top tiers.

When the balance is the biggest dampener on the gameplay (except maybe hitbox issues) then it’s warranted.

Which it is not.

Last major I watched had 2 Kano's in top 8. You're bad, face it. No amount of complaining and nerfing will make you win more.

Kano isn’t nearly as bad as D’Vorah.
I would love to see you consistently beat a competent Scorpion who actually uses cancels with D’Vorah
SG: Valentine/Double | SFV: Cammy, Karin, Kolin | MvCI: Morrigan/Spider-Man | MK11: D'Vorah, Jade | SSBU: Lucas, Ness, Bayo | ROA: Absa, Clairen | DS3: Q-Bee

User Info: RchHomieQuanChi

RchHomieQuanChi
4 weeks ago#46
Why do people use tournament play as arguments against character imbalance?

On a high level, sure, no character is unbeatable. That doesn't mean characters like Scorpion, Geras and Sonya are way too stacked in comparison to the rest of the cast.
I have nothing else to say

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
4 weeks ago#47
Yeah Scorpion is too good atm

I would make his teleport even more unsafe (-25 maybies) just so that the normal and ex mixup isn’t even a thing

And the teleport cancel needs to either have slight recovery or place Scorpion outside throw range

It’s just the teleport that’s BS. Everything else is fine
The Official Shinnok of the Mortal Kombat 11 boards.
INFIDEL! You are in no position to demand anything!

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
4 weeks ago#48
RchHomieQuanChi posted...
Why do people use tournament play as arguments against character imbalance?

On a high level, sure, no character is unbeatable. That doesn't mean characters like Scorpion, Geras and Sonya are way too stacked in comparison to the rest of the cast.

The top level, ie tournament play, is where balance matters. Below the top level, it matters less because player skill is a much bigger factor. When you're talking about top level, that's pretty much the peak of player skill so balance comes into the equation a lot more. Stuff that may be perceived as broken at lower levels of play may not actually be broken at higher levels when the players are much more skilled and know how to deal with it.

Take Sub-zero for example, a lot of lower level players would complain that his 50/50s are broken but SonicFox demonstrated that the overhead can actually be blocked on reaction at high levels, making him much less of a problem.
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3XaGYiUNNsxllO6kAZsd_Q

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
4 weeks ago#49
Daniel5467 posted...
I can catch Scorpions off guard using Kollector, but it would be nice to see some other characters instead of Scorpion/Sonya

I use 6 now....Baraka, Noob, Jade, Kitana, Liu and Shang.
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
4 weeks ago#50
Pootbird posted...
Yeah Scorpion is too good atm

I would make his teleport even more unsafe (-25 maybies) just so that the normal and ex mixup isn’t even a thing

And the teleport cancel needs to either have slight recovery or place Scorpion outside throw range

It’s just the teleport that’s BS. Everything else is fine

But teleport is so easy to block...you just KNOW they're gonna use it no matter what. So even right when the first round begins I'm holding block.
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. I can't wait until Scorpion gets nerfed
  • Topic Archived