• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Shang Tsung is high tier

User Info: Benify

Benify
4 weeks ago#1
I have him on Xbox. He has a lot of mixup strings that have decent frame data, a few advancing mids and a nice krushing blow that isn't too hard to land (Whiff the first attack, hit the second, which is an overhead). Plus he has this one stupid string that covers a whole lot of the screen that could make it a nightmare for people to actually approach him.

High Tier.
Certified Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Erron Black, and Noob Saibot expert in MK11.

User Info: pimpcow616

pimpcow616
4 weeks ago#2
Good as he should be. DLC should always be viable in a fight or why the f*** do I want him?

Shang is a legend as well so it makes me happy he is tight in MK11!

In MKX J.Cage was slow as f*** but I had to put up with it because he is my #1

I am glad to hear Shang is good. Is he simple to pick up?

User Info: ComeAtMeBrah

ComeAtMeBrah
4 weeks ago#3
He doesn't get a damage buff for turning into the opponent though which is weird and kind of stupid.

User Info: TheJustin

TheJustin
4 weeks ago#4
ComeAtMeBrah posted...
He doesn't get a damage buff for turning into the opponent though which is weird and kind of stupid.

But he gets access to their crushing blows without the requirements (although they are half damage I believe). That's some good launchers depending on the character.

User Info: MKScorpion

MKScorpion
4 weeks ago#5
TheJustin posted...
he gets access to their crushing blows without the requirements

He still has to do the regular requirements so he will be strong against some characters and not others. If he turns into a Scorp or Geras he will have easy KBs, but if he is fighting Johnny he might even want to morph into him at all if the player is trying to fish for KBs lol

I personally like how he gets some health for throws. I know he loses some damage but still, as somebody who loves to throw people getting that little bit of health back every time is going to be nice.

User Info: Blackarot

Blackarot
4 weeks ago#6
Yeah, I think so. He has a lot of tools, mix-up potential, KB's, etc. I'm liking him so far.
"Dreams don't die!" -Cyclops

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
4 weeks ago#7
pimpcow616 posted...
Good as he should be. DLC should always be viable in a fight or why the f*** do I want him?

Viable is one thing but OP is another.

I'm not saying Shang is OP btw, I don't even have the character. All I'm saying is that just because a character is DLC doesn't mean they should be extra strong. Once you start getting DLC characters that are strong and clearly better than the majority of the base cast you start getting into "pay to win" territory and that's not something you want.

You want him to be viable and competitive, but you don't want him to be broken.

User Info: WT_Neptune

WT_Neptune
4 weeks ago#8
We'll see if your initial opinion is completely wrong or not. Pretty disappointing to hear that soul steal gives no damage amp. Hope that isn't the case for ex soul steal.
For the record, I'm an Aquarius.
Mains: Water characters, mimic characters, randomized characters.

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
4 weeks ago#9
ComeAtMeBrah posted...

He gets Vile Magic though.

db+Stance Switch greatly increase the amount of damage the opponent takes.

df+Stance Switch to basically halve the amount of damage they do.
[Furry and Proud of it ^_^] I'm going to make you work.
Official: Wolf of Everything, Madara Uchiha, Muu of UNSR/4, Saberwulf of KI and Cyber Smoke of the MKXL.

User Info: WT_Neptune

WT_Neptune
4 weeks ago#10
TG_Wolf posted...
ComeAtMeBrah posted...

He gets Vile Magic though.

db+Stance Switch greatly increase the amount of damage the opponent takes.

df+Stance Switch to basically halve the amount of damage they do.

These are in tournament or are you talking about customs like people will be using them?
For the record, I'm an Aquarius.
Mains: Water characters, mimic characters, randomized characters.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Shang Tsung is high tier
  • Topic Archived