• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Typical Scorpion players

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
4 weeks ago#1
Ok, not going to paint everyone with the same brush, so I'll say the "typical " Scorpion player attitude is teleport, teleport, juggle, demon dash, low string start ad nauseum , win, act like they're the greatest thing since meat met bread.

Just had two matches with a Scorpion. He did all the things mentioned above in the first round. 2nd round was mine. At this point I realize he has a mic, because he hollers out, "Oh come on! " Now realizing that defeat is a distinct possibility, he ramps up the aforementioned strategy and gets a flawless victory... Then begins to gloat. "oh, got a perfect!"

So, I request a rematch, and he's eager to oblige . I get both rounds, no tie breaker this time, at which point he hollers out, "bi*ch". LoL. I've played some fighters with toxic communities, but this particular game is the worst. Close 2nd would be killer instinct, followed by Mkx

Shao Kahn player here.
Former Athiest Patrick Glynn "Today concrete data points in the direction of the God hypothesis the simplest most obvious solution."God: The Evidence

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
4 weeks ago#2
Scorpion players are just mediocre spammers who are carried by an easy mode character.

I've yet to fight one who played smartly with all the tools available to them.
"I'm an atheist too but still believe in hell. That's where you're headed pal." - Mr_Karate_II

User Info: millimayne

millimayne
4 weeks ago#3
I think "typical Scorpions" are fairly easy to beat now, especially if I counter with Noob. My problem is going up against good players that play him, it's quite frustrating. One mistake when he has flaming spear, and that damage...
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd

User Info: DeusMortem

DeusMortem
4 weeks ago#4
Scorpion players do generally love to send hate mail, teabag and such, yes.

I had four people in a row switch to Scorpion after losing to me yesterday. God, tele cancel is insanely dumb. The fact that it costs defensive rather than offensive bar makes it way too easy for him to get his offense started off of it.
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...

VENOMOUS75
4 weeks ago#5
DeusMortem posted...
Scorpion players do generally love to send hate mail, teabag and such, yes.

I had four people in a row switch to Scorpion after losing to me yesterday. God, tele cancel is insanely dumb. The fact that it costs defensive rather than offensive bar makes it way too easy for him to get his offense started off of it.

This happened to me yesterday. Switched from Baraka to Scorpion after three losses.

"I think "typical Scorpions" are fairly easy to beat now, especially if I counter with Noob. My problem is going up against good players that play him, it's quite frustrating. One mistake when he has flaming spear, and that damage."

I have few issues with the teleporting now. I'll get hit by it occasionally, but not enough to lose. It's usually what makes

Them switch to the low/high mix up combos and demon dashes. He has a lot of tools, and effective ones at That
Former Athiest Patrick Glynn "Today concrete data points in the direction of the God hypothesis the simplest most obvious solution."God: The Evidence

User Info: RchHomieQuanChi

RchHomieQuanChi
4 weeks ago#6
Scorpion is literally a free wins character.

I can't tell you how many times I curbstomped a player, only for them to pick Scorpion and then they're suddenly untouchable.
I have nothing else to say

User Info: Redeyed4291

Redeyed4291
4 weeks ago#7
People crying about someone using a character is probably the saddest thing I see on here. Boohoo someone picked scorpion and used his special moves that are in the game and I lost waaaahhhh. People playing as scorpion are not impossible to beat and yet everyone here acts like they are.
All your base are belong to us - Zero Wing

User Info: Mechani11Kong

Mechani11Kong
4 weeks ago#8
Another "Yo man, I lost bad to this toxic player that plays top tier characters but then I tots bodied him once I found the true hero within myself" topic.
PSN: Shin-Kong

VENOMOUS75
4 weeks ago#9
Redeyed4291 posted...
People crying about someone using a character is probably the saddest thing I see on here. Boohoo someone picked scorpion and used his special moves that are in the game and I lost waaaahhhh. People playing as scorpion are not impossible to beat and yet everyone here acts like they are.

You must have trouble reading and comprehending. No one said Scorpion is unbeatable. I've destroyed my share.

Everyone knows he's top tier with a plethora of options. He's a braindead character; easy to use, low risk, high reward. When you factor that in with the attitude of the people using him, you can see where topics like this come from.

You sound like a Scorpion player TBH.

VENOMOUS75
4 weeks ago#10
Mechani11Kong posted...
Another "Yo man, I lost bad to this toxic player that plays top tier characters but then I tots bodied him once I found the true hero within myself" topic.

@Mechani11Kong

You seem to have trouble reading too. This isn't about me losing or winning. This was about the general attitude of players who use this specific character. The point being, the character is good, but the player isn't necessarily so. The is an observation of typical scorpions over the last month and a half. Tea bagging, trash talking, toxic as all get out players who have this one character in common.

But hey, if all you got out of this was some cliched anime tripe, whatever.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Typical Scorpion players
  • Topic Archived