• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. People online are worse than ever in MK11

User Info: DeusMortem

DeusMortem
3 weeks ago#1
Half of the people I come across in player matches send hate mail and about a third rage quit ("this session is no longer available"). Granted, I've always come across morons when playing online – and especially in Mortal Kombat – but not nearly to this extent. It's also a quite common scenario that I win a couple of matches in a row just to have my opponent teabag and quit after getting their first win. It doesn't annoy me too much but I honestly find it rather sad as it speaks volumes of their primitive mindset.
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...

User Info: xReflectingGodx

xReflectingGodx
3 weeks ago#2
I’ve only sent mail after they get their win and dip. I get that sometimes things come up. But don’t run after cheesing your way to a win. Although I did get hate mail after winning twice against a guy using Shao Kahn and I was using Jade. This guy was livid and went on and on, saying Jade was a easy character and nothing but button mashing. I got pics lol
PSN: Spaghetti_Socks XBL: SpaghettiSocks2

DeusMortem
3 weeks ago#3
xReflectingGodx posted...
I’ve only sent mail after they get their win and dip. I get that sometimes things come up. But don’t run after cheesing your way to a win. Although I did get hate mail after winning twice against a guy using Shao Kahn and I was using Jade. This guy was livid and went on and on, saying Jade was a easy character and nothing but button mashing. I got pics lol

Yeah. It's quite common for people who get a lucky win with a fatal blow win or such to end the session immediately. I sometimes send them a "lol" when they do that.
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...

User Info: pizzacat83

pizzacat83
3 weeks ago#4
I also get hate mail and rage quits for “spamming with D’Vorah.” She doesn’t even have anything that may be spammed, especially since I use her tournament Arachnophobia Variation.

If someone loses several matches and then runs with their win after a counter-pick, they will tea bag and Fatality for sure. I just let it go because sending a message gives the scrub the moral victory. I don’t Fatality people unless they do it to me first, but I don’t mind since Heart grinding sucks balls.
SC6: Tira, Maxi, Xianghua ; T7: Gigas, Bear, Anna ; VF5: Eileen, Jeffry, Blaze
UNIST: Byakuya, Vatista, Waldstein ; MK11: D'Vorah, Kano, Kollector

DeusMortem
3 weeks ago#5
pizzacat83 posted...
I also get hate mail and rage quits for “spamming with D’Vorah.” She doesn’t even have anything that may be spammed, especially since I use her tournament Arachnophobia Variation.

If someone loses several matches and then runs with their win after a counter-pick, they will tea bag and Fatality for sure. I just let it go because sending a message gives the scrub the moral victory. I don’t Fatality people unless they do it to me first, but I don’t mind since Heart grinding sucks balls.

Same here, I don't do fatalities to people unless they do it first. Although lately I've figured they might do it purely for the hearts and while I've considered starting to do it myself as well, it just doesn't feel right. I honestly feel like a jerk doing fatalities. Brutalities, however, I love, but I haven't unlocked any practical ones with Kabal, unfortunately.

User Info: txlion

txlion
3 weeks ago#6
Everyone gets hate mail so don't worry about it too much. It's definitely not personal. Same with all the players teabagging. Just gotta let it roll off your skin. Having said that I've personally never in my life has ever sent a nasty email because one I'm not a sore loser, and two I've been to a ton of tournaments back in the day and have even won quite a few and I know what it takes to be a pro player. Blaming your opponent or making excuses for losing instead of immediately going into training mode or recognizing it was your own weakness or fault for losing (unless it was lag or some hacker cheating) is a sign of a crappy, scrubby player. Almost no pro player has that mentality when losing.
These vampires are blowing all our fun

DeusMortem
3 weeks ago#7
txlion posted...
Everyone gets hate mail so don't worry about it too much. It's definitely not personal. Same with all the players teabagging. Just gotta let it roll off your skin. Having said that I've personally never in my life has ever sent a nasty email because one I'm not a sore loser, and two I've been to a ton of tournaments back in the day and have even won quite a few and I know what it takes to be a pro player. Blaming your opponent or making excuses for losing instead of immediately going into training mode or recognizing it was your own weakness or fault for losing (unless it was lag or some hacker cheating) is a sign of a crappy, scrubby player. Almost no pro player has that mentality when losing.

Indeed! If you are unwilling to confront your own flaws you will never improve.

I was obviously expecting some people with a scrub mentality online, but not nearly to the extent that I am experiencing, and I wonder why MK11 is worse in that department than previous fighters I've played.

User Info: Anitathequeen

Anitathequeen
3 weeks ago#8
I had to "rage quit" because I got a headache

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
3 weeks ago#9
I’ve seen quite a few scrubs kick it after one lucky ass win.

People that do that will do it because they know they can’t win again.
The Official Shinnok of the Mortal Kombat 11 boards.
INFIDEL! You are in no position to demand anything!

User Info: CheaterMcCheat

CheaterMcCheat
3 weeks ago#10
I haven't even gone online yet I'm too scared to 😂
I've spent most of my time in practice mode and doing ToT for Kabal and Shao Kahn when they show up.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. People online are worse than ever in MK11
  • Topic Archived