• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. God I hope scorpion gets nerfed

User Info: GodzGift42

GodzGift42
4 weeks ago#81
@Jaded_Dragon
Ah, there it goes.. another disgusting Scorpion downplayer crawling out of their cave, sewer, dungeon, or w.e. filthy bottom feeders like them reside these days. All I needed to hear was the "I will blow the tp up everytime on reaction" to know not to take you seriously.

However I'll indulge you, what other characters have teleports that are mids? go on, I'm waiting. At least with other characters who teleport you can recover quick enough in certain situations to get a d2 or a d1 off in time. Scorpion? You have to either block or eat the mixup once he decides to use the cancel. Such a rudimentary concept that you fail to grasp, makes me wonder if you even know how to take care of yourself in real life.

Second of all, kid, name his losing matchups. Go on, I'm waiting. If you say Liu kang, I will literally laugh at you. "OMGG I CAN'T POKE OUT HIS STAGGER EVEN THOUGH I CAN STAGGER MYSELF"

And no you won't. Just because you play your mentally challenged little brother and punish his teleport consistently because he spams it like a degenerate doesnt mean you can punish it consistently.

That doesn't work in this context. I don't know what other fighting games you played, but if you simply dismiss it as just reacting to your opponent, your experience is sure telling. This game has a block button, there is no walking back and auto blocking first of all. There is no air blocking. Jumping is way too slow and clunky so there is no way consistently make him whiff with air movement. You can even barely air to air his teleport as it is since it comes out so fast. Just because you're standing there midscreen blocking like a weirdo doesnt mean you're reacting to him, idiot, it's just you turtling and anticipating his teleport. His teleport kills many player vs player interactions, and that s*** is lame regardless. Maybe not for you since it seems you're a nrs only player and never played a real fighting game before in your life, but for me it is.

Also use your brain (if you have one that is) When he jumps at you it's either going to be him teleporting or using a jump in button. Like i said, you most likely play potato scorpion players.online who are easy to predict, because everyone knows about this flowchart already. or worst case scenario, you're a disgusting Scorpion main trying to fend the hate off of him as expected.

and you're saying alot of characters get 50 percent with 2 bars of meter? Stop it, you know what I meant. you're desperation is really pitiful.

His chain special can also anti air as well btw. stop trying to homogenize his options with everyone else, child.

And yeah he has a good tool, ontop of his hundred other good tools whilst having the best special in the game. Maybe you should write that tibid on a notepad and attach it it to your hand next time so you won't forget the original intention, okay hun?

also what does him having overhead starters have to do with me? You do know it's possible for overheads to not give knockdown sometimes, right? That's why it was... y'know, worth mentioning? oh wait i forgot, you never played any other fighting game before! boo hoo, poor hunny bunny...

So you admit he's top tier, and agree the special contributes to his credibility as a character... but then you flip fop around and say he isn't overturned? The contradiction is strong with this one 🤔

This isn't about Erron Black, so stop moving the goalposts. Also hence my use of the phrase "one of the"

Also I'll make a bold proposition for you: never intervene in a convo with the big boys are talking. just stick to the "which female char feet smells the best" threads because you're clearly a casual fronting as if you're good at the game. You're not, you're a worthless, downplaying specimen who's sexual attraction to Scorpion hinders your judgement. You're literally.arguing just to argue. beat it, kid
No such thing as world peace... only Ron Artest

User Info: haimara

haimara
4 weeks ago#82
trevor400 posted...
Jaded_Dragon posted...
Even when Scorpion is bad, you're going to see a lot of Scorpions online.

It's been this way since Deception, nerfing isn't going to do anything.

DeusMortem posted...
Just make his teleport more punishable.

How is -20 not punishable?

how you can do is down poke to punish.. play the game and stop asking stupid questions, ya putz

actualllllly....

you block teleport, wait the length it would take for the amplify to come out, and then do your 112 or 111 or 121 or 21, or whatever their ideal quick punish is, into whatever combo your character has. so some characters who can launch off their jab strings can get full combo punishes for 300+ damage. 'all you can do is down poke' my ass

it's so minus, that you can wait for the amplify, and if it doesn't come out, you still have time to punish. if it is amplified, well obviously you still get a punish then too

ive been trying to tell this to people since like a week into the game but for some reason people don't believe me that it works, or is reliable, but since i learned it i've been punishing teleport every. single. time. whether he amplifies it or not. it's not hard, and not something 'you'll never be able to do online' as people also tried to tell me. it's super simple, super easy. punish teleport every time no matter what

User Info: Jhob5

Jhob5
4 weeks ago#83
serpentaurus posted...
DeusMortem posted...
Just make his teleport more punishable.

Make the whole teleport sequence an autoblock.

Nerf his damage

Take some of the mixups out of the chain. Way too many high low sequences that shouldnt be

Take KB out of the chain or nerf it severely. Its stupid.

Also take out the ability to follow up that mid kick fatal blow with teleport/chain cancel. No other character has this.

Teleport should be a high like Noob teleport

Make him spend 2 bars for teleport cancel

There you go. Normalized Scorp.

High lows with the chain? Did you even look at the god damn movelist? The hit string with the chain (f3) goes high then low. Theres literally no mixup there. Wtf lol. You shouldn't have a say on balance if you think that's gonna hit people unless there sleeping

User Info: Jhob5

Jhob5
4 weeks ago#84
If his teleport was a high. then wtf would be the point of tele cancelling nearby to them. Telecancel would only be good at teleporting away, and that would only be good in the b1 string so you don't take the - frames. They could just d1 out of the whole guessing game if you telecanceled right next to them instead of finishing the teleport. What would be the point of reborn. Why don't we just remove reborn from the game to satisfy people who don't actually play mk but play whiner kombat

User Info: Jaded_Dragon

Jaded_Dragon
4 weeks ago#85
@GodzGift42 posted...

Also I'll make a bold proposition for you: never intervene in a convo with the big boys are talking. just stick to the "which female char feet smells the best" threads because you're clearly a casual fronting as if you're good at the game. You're not, you're a worthless, downplaying specimen who's sexual attraction to Scorpion hinders your judgement. You're literally.arguing just to argue. beat it, kid

@GodzGift42

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

My post history isn't hidden. I've never once downplayed Scorpion, I've openly admitted he's top tier, I've also posted in numerous threads on how to counter his options, which no one wants to pay attention to because it's easier to whine about needing to nerf the character than learn the match up. I've also openly mocked people complaining about female costumes, but nice Ad Hom attack, which in turn also proves to me you have nothing of substance to add the conversation and are just another "But I don't wanna learn" person.

Yeah, he forces you to block. Oh f***ing no! Blocking!!?? How ever will you survive???

GodzGift42 posted...
And no you won't. Just because you play your mentally challenged little brother and punish his teleport consistently because he spams it like a degenerate doesnt mean you can punish it consistently.

Herp Derp. No YoUr MoM iS dA hOe!!11!!!!1!!

GodzGift42 posted...
Also use your brain (if you have one that is) When he jumps at you it's either going to be him teleporting or using a jump in button. Like i said, you most likely play potato scorpion players.online who are easy to predict, because everyone knows about this flowchart already. or worst case scenario, you're a disgusting Scorpion main trying to fend the hate off of him as expected.

You know what covers both of those options? Blocking. OH NO NOT BLOCKING AGAIN?!?!?!?!?! f***!

GodzGift42 posted...

"The big boys" That's funny. "The big boys" who do nothing but whine like petulant 5 year olds because you don't want to learn the game. You'd rather complain on some f***ing message board like you're trying to get in on ST Sagat (An actual broken character in a fighting game) and cry and complain until NRS relents and nerfs characters into the ground. NRS is notoriously bad at balancing games and this is why, because they listen to complaining casual players and balance their game around what is going to make people "happy" instead of what is going to make the game more competitive.

I've posted in numerous topics on how to beat his bulls***. You wanna know how I know how to beat his bulls***? Because his bulls*** was beating me, so I learned the character, and that's what you and everyone else in this thread b****ing refuse to do. You refuse to learn. I know you refuse to learn because you keep responding to me. And not only do you keep responding to me, you keep responding to me with feelings instead of facts, which is why you have to resort to name calling and attempting to be edgy with your "big boy" humor.

So go ahead and respond again and I'll hold your continue to hold your little hand and walk you through how to play against that big mean character, OK?
~ Not changing this until the Madden Franchise has a decent running game!
Started 8/24/2009 --- http://suchanerdpod.podomatic.com/

User Info: Cuban4Life

Cuban4Life
4 weeks ago#86
Pootbird posted...
Scorpion is the poster boy, so he’s obviously going to be accessible to the masses.

They don’t have the pristine taste of Frost players

Frost for life
FC: 2251-6602-3154 IGN : Andres. "Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?"
- Bender

User Info: GodzGift42

GodzGift42
4 weeks ago#87
Jaded_Dragon posted...
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

My post history isn't hidden. I've never once downplayed Scorpion, I've openly admitted he's top tier, I've also posted in numerous threads on how to counter his options, which no one wants to pay attention to because it's easier to whine about needing to nerf the character than learn the match up. I've also openly mocked people complaining about female costumes, but nice Ad Hom attack, which in turn also proves to me you have nothing of substance to add the conversation and are just another "But I don't wanna learn" person.

Lmao, you're adorable. Don't pull that ad hominem s*** because your initial response to me was rife with said attacks. you assumed I suck agaisnt the character just because I listed all his strengths and why he's an undisputed top tier. that right there had to be guilt talking because it's typical for a downplayer to revert to the "git gud" defensive mechanicsm... or perhaos it's just you being a keyboard warrior and looking for the slightest foley to argue about? I can't tell, but you're preaching to the choir at this point, and you unironically agreed with me he's top tier as well, which is my main point so why are you b****ing?

Jaded_Dragon posted...
You know what covers both of those options? Blocking. OH NO NOT BLOCKING AGAIN?!?!?!?!?! f***!

I don't think you understand blocking isn't a good thing against a character who has a litany of mixups and good pressure. Sure they are somewhat reactable and doesnt lead into derp damage, but that still counts makes a good case for his strength, correct? y'know, since winning neutral is a basic concept of winning in fighting games? or do i have to link the "how to stop button mashing" video from Core-A-gaming to you?

Jaded_Dragon posted...
The big boys" That's funny. "The big boys" who do nothing but whine like petulant 5 year olds because you don't want to learn the game

I'm good at the game though, and every fg i play for that matter but I'll still call out players downplaying top tier characters. Sorry, hun.
Jaded_Dragon posted...
NRS is notoriously bad at balancing games and this is why, because they listen to complaining casual players and balance their game around what is going to make people "happy" instead of what is going to make the game more competitive.

So you're saying Scorpion at his current state doesn't need slight nerfs? Neither does the other top tier characters? If not then once again you're preaching to the choir again. Stop being a pedantic bum.
Jaded_Dragon posted...
I've posted in numerous topics on how to beat his bulls***. You wanna know how I know how to beat his bulls***? Because his bulls*** was beating me, so I learned the character, and that's what you and everyone else in this thread b****ing refuse to do.

Lmao once again I find it adorable you're bringing this up to me. I've bodied so many Scorpion players, good and bad my opinion of the character will stay the same, so will with the other characters Also what's with all the swearing... did i strike a nerve?

Like I said, you're arguing just to argue. you even agreed with me when you said "he's a top tier character" earlier, which was the original purpose of my post, not "omg he's broken beyond belief". I've faced actual broken characters before, and Scorpion is almost child's play compared to that but in context of this game he breaks way too many rules. Counterplay doesnt mean s*** if the reward is still heavily in someone's else favor, same thing with fatal blows. Continue seething over dumb s*** for 15 more years on gfaqs you feeble minded baboon.
No such thing as world peace... only Ron Artest

User Info: lyricson

lyricson
4 weeks ago#88
Nighthound101 posted...
Mr_Briches posted...
Pootbird posted...
Scorpion is the poster boy, so he’s obviously going to be accessible to the masses.

They don’t have the pristine taste of Frost players

he's always been the poster boy yet this is the first game where he's been top tier and easy to play. Scorpion was never a nuisance before. they definitely gave him the biggest buff of his MK career

He’s not top tier. He’s super predictable. Can’t remember the last time I lost to a Scorpion player honestly. He was better in MKX IMO.

@Nighthound101 i mean, the teleport cancel (or even double teleport cancel) is currently the best mixup in the game that can often lead to easy 350+ combos so. That thing only use 1 defensive bar and the move itself is crazy strong.
Ign: Taliyah Tequila
"I know what i'm doing" - low plat 1 trick -

User Info: Anitathequeen

Anitathequeen
4 weeks ago#89
GodzGift42 posted...
@Jaded_Dragon
Ah, there it goes.. another disgusting Scorpion downplayer crawling out of their cave, sewer, dungeon, or w.e. filthy bottom feeders like them reside these days. All I needed to hear was the "I will blow the tp up everytime on reaction" to know not to take you seriously.

However I'll indulge you, what other characters have teleports that are mids? go on, I'm waiting. At least with other characters who teleport you can recover quick enough in certain situations to get a d2 or a d1 off in time. Scorpion? You have to either block or eat the mixup once he decides to use the cancel. Such a rudimentary concept that you fail to grasp, makes me wonder if you even know how to take care of yourself in real life.

Second of all, kid, name his losing matchups. Go on, I'm waiting. If you say Liu kang, I will literally laugh at you. "OMGG I CAN'T POKE OUT HIS STAGGER EVEN THOUGH I CAN STAGGER MYSELF"

That doesn't work in this context. I don't know what other fighting games you played, but if you simply dismiss it as just reacting to your opponent, your experience is sure telling. This game has a block button, there is no walking back and auto blocking first of all. There is no air blocking. Jumping is way too slow and clunky so there is no way consistently make him whiff with air movement. You can even barely air to air his teleport as it is since it comes out so fast. Just because you're standing there midscreen blocking like a weirdo doesnt mean you're reacting to him, idiot, it's just you turtling and anticipating his teleport. His teleport kills many player vs player interactions, and that s*** is lame regardless. Maybe not for you since it seems you're a nrs only player and never played a real fighting game before in your life, but for me it is.

and you're saying alot of characters get 50 percent with 2 bars of meter? Stop it, you know what I meant. you're desperation is really pitiful.

His chain special can also anti air as well btw. stop trying to homogenize his options with everyone else, child.

And yeah he has a good tool, ontop of his hundred other good tools whilst having the best special in the game. Maybe you should write that tibid on a notepad and attach it it to your hand next time so you won't forget the original intention, okay hun?

also what does him having overhead starters have to do with me? You do know it's possible for overheads to not give knockdown sometimes, right? That's why it was... y'know, worth mentioning? oh wait i forgot, you never played any other fighting game before! boo hoo, poor hunny bunny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEg62Qbr2cA

User Info: Jaded_Dragon

Jaded_Dragon
3 weeks ago#90
GodzGift42 posted...

Lmao, you're adorable. Don't pull that ad hominem s*** because your initial response to me was rife with said attacks.

You listed reason why he's good, and I listed reasons why those things aren't as good as you think they are and how they are beatable. That's not an ad hom, that's education. You resorting to talking about my family members, that you don't even know, that's an ad hom. See how that works?

Exactly, I never once said he wasn't top tier, or wasn't a good character, and I know that because I learned the character. So which is it? Am I downplaying "my main" or am agreeing he is top tier? Make up your mind.

Well, my main is Skarlet, so there goes the rest of your ad hom attack about me being in love with Scorpions balls or whatever else you were talking about. Once again your points are all feels over facts.

I don't think you understand blocking isn't a good thing against a character who has a litany of mixups and good pressure. Sure they are somewhat reactable and doesnt lead into derp damage, but that still counts makes a good case for his strength, correct? y'know, since winning neutral is a basic concept of winning in fighting games? or do i have to link the "how to stop button mashing" video from Core-A-gaming to you?

See here again. I was the one that said "Block" and "Learn to Block", which you seemingly can't do or have a gripe against or something. You don't need to send me a video about not button mashing.... because I'm already blocking.... because I'm not button mashing.... See how this works? You have to make your mind up if I'm a defensive type of player or do I button mash all day?

And oh yes, some are react-able, you admit it. I was beginning to legitimately wonder if you ever played the game.

I'm good at the game though, and every fg i play for that matter but I'll still call out players downplaying top tier characters. Sorry, hun.

WTF? Again?! You just said up top that I admitted he's top tier, as I always have. How the f*** am I downplaying a character when I openly say he's top tier and very good? I don't f***ing play Scorpion lol. That's what this whole thing was about on my end, me offering advice on how to beat him. Somehow out of that you got I'm a Scorpion main lol.

So you're saying Scorpion at his current state doesn't need slight nerfs? Neither does the other top tier characters? If not then once again you're preaching to the choir again. Stop being a pedantic bum.

Never once said that. I would nerf a few things, but if we nerf based off of your list of complaints alone, he may as well just be removed from the game (which seems to be what a lot of people actually want.)

Lmao once again I find it adorable you're bringing this up to me. I've bodied so many Scorpion players, good and bad my opinion of the character will stay the same, so will with the other characters Also what's with all the swearing... did i strike a nerve?

The English language is a wall, and f*** is my chisel.
~ Not changing this until the Madden Franchise has a decent running game!
Started 8/24/2009 --- http://suchanerdpod.podomatic.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. God I hope scorpion gets nerfed
  • Topic Archived