• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. With all the negativity, how about a topic on what NRS does right?

User Info: AnnaNicole

AnnaNicole
4 weeks ago#31
Everything!! The only fighting game that makes me come back for more..a step above the rest..look forward to every release

User Info: Rhift

Rhift
4 weeks ago#32
They're owned by WB, so there is usually some kind of BS in their games like micro-transactions, but NRS seems to do the best they can to keep those things from interfering with the game too much.

Their story modes often go in directions that I'm not fond of, but the production values are top notch and very enjoyably, despite my criticisms of the story decisions.

NRS games tend to have way more content in them than most fighters.

Graphics are always fantastic, even if their character faces and animations are sometimes lackluster.

Gameplay is always very fun. I have more fun with NRS games than most other fighters. But, of course, this is subjective.

Overall, I really like NRS games. My main issue with them is their poor story decisions. But I can usually overlook that.
Wait, what?

User Info: paypay88

paypay88
4 weeks ago#33
Production values are off the chart compared to any other fighter or even action games

User Info: ShadowSliph

ShadowSliph
4 weeks ago#34
As an add-on to their revamping charavters, even the returning characters are often quite different from game to game.

User Info: Nick_Kazama

Nick_Kazama
4 weeks ago#35
- The details, such as the Bi-Han costume being voiced by his voice actor in MK9 and the John Stuart and Power Girl costumes actually having different voices and lines.
- The facial animation of Injustice 2, still the best I've seen in a game.
- The knowledge that we'll get a long, cinematic story mode where effort has gone into it with each new game.
- Their treatment of Johnny Cage; my fav character finally got the respect he deserved come MK9 and he's only gone from strength to strength since then.
- The fact that they actually bother to put single player stuff in their fighting games where, as of late, other devs have been really cutting back on content (i.e. Tekken 7).
http://tinyurl.com/zshagxz

User Info: ShadowSliph

ShadowSliph
4 weeks ago#36
Nick_Kazama posted...
- The details, such as the Bi-Han costume being voiced by his voice actor in MK9 and the John Stuart and Power Girl costumes actually having different voices and lines.
- The facial animation of Injustice 2, still the best I've seen in a game.
- The knowledge that we'll get a long, cinematic story mode where effort has gone into it with each new game.
- Their treatment of Johnny Cage; my fav character finally got the respect he deserved come MK9 and he's only gone from strength to strength since then.
- The fact that they actually bother to put single player stuff in their fighting games where, as of late, other devs have been really cutting back on content (i.e. Tekken 7).

To add to the point about Johnny Cage...I was legitimately impressed by how much he developed as a character between MK9 and MKX. True, he's still Johnny (goofy, irreverent, and just a bit egotistical), but at the same time he's a lot more mature and level-headed.

User Info: bnmp

bnmp
4 weeks ago#37
The best is watching older Johnny have to deal with younger Johnny. =p
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. With all the negativity, how about a topic on what NRS does right?
  • Topic Archived