• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. One thing I HATE about NRS...

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
3 weeks ago#1
They change up the characters moves a bit from game to game beginning with MK9.

In MK9, Scorpion was my player of choice with Liu Kang a close second. In MKX, my player of choice was Liu Kang with Scorpion a FAR second. I hardly ever played him in MKX because they changed his command for the spear move. I just prefer the command in MK9....plus his combos changed and to MY preference, I liked Scorpion in MK9 more. BUT, on the switch side, Liu Kang actually improved a lot overall except for the fact I never used his bicycle kick much because it f***s me up due to the (again) command change from MK9.

Why doesn't NRS just stick to the same moves/combos and just include extras in the new games. I mean, Namco NEVER makes their characters play differently from game to game in like say, Tekken for example.

Anyway, just a little observation. I mean, I don't REALLY care that much but just thought I'd point that out as to mention why they felt they need to do that.

Thoughts?
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3

User Info: MKScorpion

MKScorpion
3 weeks ago#2
It looks like they are starting to lean that way a bit. For example characters in Injustice 2 had some if their same strings and special move inputs from the first game. I have a feeling MK11 will be the same.

And they have said it before, they want the character to feel familiar to the players, but also changing them up a bit so they feel a bit fresh as well. I think it works.

User Info: Jrain213

Jrain213
3 weeks ago#3
Could have sworn Liu’s bike kick is the same input from Mk9 into mkx
Kung Lao fan for life

cjtencounter
3 weeks ago#4
MKScorpion posted...

And they have said it before, they want the character to feel familiar to the players, but also changing them up a bit so they feel a bit fresh as well. I think it works.

Ahh, they actually mentioned this? Interesting. Yeah, I guess I can see their point. But iconic moves like Scorpion's spear and Liu Kang's bicycle kick shouldn't be tampered with. It messes me up when I get used to the moves from one game and then I gotta train my brain all over again for the NEW game lol.

Honestly??? You have no idea how long it took me to get used to Liu Kang's fireball commands in MK9/MKX compared to being used to MK2's. I believe in MK2 the fly kick was like F,F or something, now it's B,B,F?....fireballs I believe were F,F as well and now B,F which I now actually prefer.

cjtencounter
3 weeks ago#5
Jrain213 posted...
Could have sworn Liu’s bike kick is the same input from Mk9 into mkx

Nope...

MK9= B, B, F...
MKX= F,B,F...WAY TOO different for me. It's just so inconvenient for me to get used to by starting with an F.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. One thing I HATE about NRS...
  • Topic Archived