• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. So, why do people like Kitana?

User Info: Lyrica

Lyrica
4 weeks ago#1
She's so boring and bland to me, so I legitimately want to know why her fans love her so much and what they love about her. I want to hear from people who actually like the character -- no bashing.
The 11th commandment: https://i.imgtc.com/6rDV9dV.jpg

User Info: TigerGoblin

TigerGoblin
4 weeks ago#2
Lyrica posted...
why her fans love

Because she loves her fans
You get what you give

User Info: White-Moon

White-Moon
4 weeks ago#3
Seriously? You are pathetic. I like her because she is a princess jasmine ninja mash up with crazy fan attacks. She also looks like my people which is great because usually you always see white people or pale Chinese people in fighting games.

User Info: bnmp

bnmp
4 weeks ago#4
I like the warrior-princess archetype. And, I'm a big fan of fans. She's a deadly assassin, yet, does it with a dancer's grace.

Her personality may seem bland to some because she's isn't over-the-top. But, then, do we want every character to be over-the-top?

Lyrica
4 weeks ago#5
White-Moon posted...
Seriously? You are pathetic. I like her because she is a princess jasmine ninja mash up with crazy fan attacks. She also looks like my people which is great because usually you always see white people or pale Chinese people in fighting games.

Don't get dragged. I asked a question, no need to get petty.

How does she look like your people? She looks different in every game just like most characters. Were you referring to a specific game when you said that?

User Info: White-Moon

White-Moon
4 weeks ago#6
Lyrica posted...
White-Moon posted...

How does she look like your people? She looks different in every game just like most characters. Were you referring to a specific game when you said that?

I'm not going to turn this into a race topic. She looks like my people because she looks like my people. Because my people and her share the same body/skin/facial aesthetic and also clothes (harem pants/belly dancer costumes).

She looks largely the same in all games, always tanned skin, always black full eyes, always black hair.

User Info: Sir_lancelot

Sir_lancelot
4 weeks ago#7
Her design/character screams lead female. Story wise, she's a princess/empress which is salient in the MK world. Characters like Mileena and Jade's relevance have long depended on her.
Not even adding her iconic gameplay.
She doesn't do you much to be loved it's KITANA

User Info: GrandMast3r

GrandMast3r
4 weeks ago#8
White-Moon posted...
Lyrica posted...
White-Moon posted...

I'm not going to turn this into a race topic. She looks like my people because she looks like my people. Because my people and her share the same body/skin/facial aesthetic and also clothes (harem pants/belly dancer costumes).

She looks largely the same in all games, always tanned skin, always black full eyes, always black hair.

What are you General Zod?

Anyway, I like her for her looks mainly. Her cunning attitude is a plus (at least in MKX).
Fan blades are cool weapons.

Lyrica
4 weeks ago#9
White-Moon posted...
Lyrica posted...
White-Moon posted...

Okay then.

User Info: SaiMaster

SaiMaster
4 weeks ago#10
Sir_lancelot posted...
Her design/character screams lead female. Story wise, she's a princess/empress which is salient in the MK world. Characters like Mileena and Jade's relevance have long depended on her.
Not even adding her iconic gameplay.
She doesn't do you much to be loved it's KITANA

Hmm, I have to disagree with you there. Mileena and Jade may have been in Kitana's shadow early on in the franchise but they both have grown and evolved outside of the Kitana dependence spectrum. One can say though that Kitana, Mileena, and Jade are the 3 most popular female characters in Mortal Kombat.
"I'm a god now Xena, welcome to my world. Now, get ready to leave it!" Callisto - Xena: Warrior Princess
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. So, why do people like Kitana?
  • Topic Archived