• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Can someome explain the appeal of Rain?

User Info: cyclops10

cyclops10
1 week ago#1
Not trying to be a hater here, just genuienly curious why some posters on here seem to be really passionate about his inclusion.

From my POV he's historically been the least relevant pallete swap, and doesn't really have any sort of discernible personality. I also find his move list to be visually unappealing and his redesign to be pretty garish and forgettable. I dunno maybe i just hate man buns.

For a character that's never really been anything but a foot note in the mythos to not make the roster doesn't really seem all that surprising to me, yet some of his fans act like they've been hard done by...when he's never been relevant in the first place?

I know my post reads pretty negatively, but its just how i perceive things. Looking for someone to explain to me just what I'm missing.

User Info: MKScorpion

MKScorpion
1 week ago#2
cyclops10 posted...
I dunno maybe i just hate man buns.

I hated when they gave him that too

cyclops10 posted...
some of his fans act like they've been hard done by

This also gets a tad bit annoying when they just had him playable in MK9. They forget some characters haven't been playable since 06 lol

Anyway I like Rain (pre-manbun) but there isn't any deep reason behind it. I like ninjas, I liked his lightning bolt attack, I thought his roundhouse was hilarious, and I like that he is a walking Prince reference lol

User Info: Jrain213

Jrain213
1 week ago#3
Rain is my second favorite character and oh yeah I hate man buns lol but he had a cool backstory in Armageddon he’s a Demi god, played a decent role in mkx story than most actual playable characters lol his moves are cool and he’s got my favorite fatality in mk9 his second one
Life's a garden, dig it
Joe dirt

User Info: TampaBray

TampaBray
1 week ago#4
No one can really explain because no one has an answer. The guy is a joke. But, like seemingly all MK jokes, he got a sizable following for absolutely no reason because that's what MK fans do.

He's a demigod? Cool. Doesn't really matter in this series especially when he gets beaten up by normal gunman Erron.

He's a purple ninja? Cool. Contribute more to the over-saturation of ninjas.

Water powers? Cool. He has a squirt gun move and bubble sphere move that look absolutely awful. Suijin or the cetacean character would have better water abilities and could have a better place.

Summons lightning? Cool. Raiden and Nightwolf do the same thing and they're infinitely more interesting and established.

He's a backstabber? Cool. Barely anyone even acknowledges he exists...he has barely any established relationships and was exclusively tied to Mileena. When she got axed, he did too.

If he does make it, I'm hoping they do something for him in this game that makes him relevant and worth the investment. Because, like you, I don't see it. "I AM SON OF ARGUS, HUEHUEHUE" isn't cutting it for me.

User Info: SenSx

SenSx
1 week ago#5
This again.

User Info: Jrain213

Jrain213
1 week ago#6
TampaBray posted...
No one can really explain because no one has an answer. The guy is a joke. But, like seemingly all MK jokes, he got a sizable following for absolutely no reason because that's what MK fans do.

He's a demigod? Cool. Doesn't really matter in this series especially when he gets beaten up by normal gunman Erron.

Water powers? Cool. He has a squirt gun move and bubble sphere move that look absolutely awful. Suijin or the cetacean character would have better water abilities and could have a better place.

Summons lightning? Cool. Raiden and Nightwolf do the same thing and they're infinitely more interesting and established.

He's a backstabber? Cool. Barely anyone even acknowledges he exists...he has barely any established relationships and was exclusively tied to Mileena. When she got axed, he did too.

If he does make it, I'm hoping they do something for him in this game that makes him relevant and worth the investment. Because, like you, I don't see it. "I AM SON OF ARGUS, HUEHUEHUE" isn't cutting it for me.

This is what annoys me lol hating on characters because of them losing in the story. More than half the characters lose in story mode it’s how it’s designed doesn’t mean anything. If NRS hated rain they would have killed him
Life's a garden, dig it
Joe dirt

User Info: Deadly_Fantasy

Deadly_Fantasy
1 week ago#7
Ninja

User Info: necrondude

necrondude
1 week ago#8
TampaBray posted...

I like how you say no one has an answer and then proceed to provide a list of answers.
"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea."

User Info: SameOldLove6

SameOldLove6
1 week ago#9
There is ZERO appeal. There’s a reason why he’s considered a joke character and has only been playable in “everyone is here” games

User Info: Dragonkeeper82

Dragonkeeper82
1 week ago#10
I love his gameplay/moveset in MKA/MK9 especially MK9. In MKT he was quickly thrown together imo and wasn’t nearly as fun. His design can easily be changed which I really haven’t cared for myself but his appearance has gotten better within time. I don’t care if he’s pink with purple pokadots, he’s a very underrated character imo.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Can someome explain the appeal of Rain?
  • Topic Archived