• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Baraka and Mileena

User Info: Revelver

Revelver
4 weeks ago#1
I've been reading the forums a lot more since the reveal event, the roster being the most interesting thing because we all have such strong differing opinions on it. I made an account just so I could see what everyone thought about Baraka's relationship with Mileena throughout MK lore.

Mileena has always been a likable character but her popularity skyrocketed with Deception and has grown ever since. Unlike other MK staples who started out with huge fan bases, Mileena never really had super relevance to the main story, her only storylines amounting to "must replace Kitana."

Clearly the new timeline has given Mileena a more prominent status as a focal character, with a new personal character arc and varied relationships with other established staples. With Baraka being in MK11, and already looking like his best iteration by far, don't you think it'd be weird if Mileena wasn't somewhere close by? It gives Mileena another storyline to work with and their relationship has always been a favorite of the fans. Could mean she's in base roster, and if not, definitely DLC solely because she will sell and make NRS money.

User Info: ArgoSexyMan

ArgoSexyMan
4 weeks ago#2
While I wouldn’t mind Mileena being in the game, I don’t think Baraka’s storyline has to always be related with hers.

I’d rather they just focus on Baraka’s roots as a general. I want to see him actually be the fearsome warrior and leader that he is supposed to be. Let him be his own character. No more following others.

Let Mileena do her beef with Kotal. Let Baraka and his Tarkatans become their own faction.

Revelver
4 weeks ago#3
ArgoSexyMan posted...
While I wouldn’t mind Mileena being in the game, I don’t think Baraka’s storyline has to always be related with hers.

I’d rather they just focus on Baraka’s roots as a general. I want to see him actually be the fearsome warrior and leader that he is supposed to be. Let be his own character. No more following others.

Let Mileena do her beef with Kotal. Let Baraka and his Tarkatans become their own faction.

I'm excited to see what they do with him. As soon as I saw that war flag I knew he was going in an awesome direction. Just can't help but think that NRS will include them together in some form because it'll serve to boost both of their stocks.

User Info: Lyrica

Lyrica
4 weeks ago#4
ArgoSexyMan posted...

I’d rather they just focus on Baraka’s roots as a general. I want to see him actually be the fearsome warrior and leader that he is supposed to be. Let him be his own character. No more following others.

I get what you're saying, but I do want Baraka to step up and try to be a ruler himself instead of serving someone. I would like Mileena to be by his side as his queen and equal. I would love that especially if NRS actually made Baraka and Mileena, rulers of the Tarkatan army, a threat.
The 11th commandment: https://i.imgtc.com/6rDV9dV.jpg

User Info: ArgoSexyMan

ArgoSexyMan
4 weeks ago#5
Revelver posted...
ArgoSexyMan posted...

I’d rather they just focus on Baraka’s roots as a general. I want to see him actually be the fearsome warrior and leader that he is supposed to be. Let be his own character. No more following others.

I'm excited to see what they do with him. As soon as I saw that war flag I knew he was going in an awesome direction. Just can't help but think that NRS will include them together in some form because it'll serve to boost both of their stocks.

Yeah, the war flag is badass! If they do pair Mileena and Baraka up, I hope Baraka is the more dominant/lead in the relationship. Kinda like Liu and Kitana

User Info: Unknown78

Unknown78
4 weeks ago#6
I'm guessing in the story Earthrealm wants Baraka and his army's help for either fighting Kronika or Outworld. Keep in mind this may be a Baraka from a different timeline so he might be more inclined to go against Outworld in this new timeline. All this was inferred from two of his intros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXsNUdC8l08

His interaction with Raiden : 2:18
--Raiden asks him to side with Earthrealm.

His interaction with Sonya: 2:48
--Very vague and it would be reaching, but there some sort of negotiation that he's refusing to do. But Kitana apparently told Sonya that he would.
Edit: In another intro, Sonya wants to earn his respect... Looking like Baraka might be RELEVANT for once!

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
4 weeks ago#7
I did say this weeeks back in old MK

Baraka is tied to Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung and Mileena

while he is a preorder I do find it funny we see Shao Kahn restored and thus Baraka is back baby!

User Info: Lyrica

Lyrica
4 weeks ago#8
ArgoSexyMan posted...
Revelver posted...
ArgoSexyMan posted...

Yeah, the war flag is badass! If they do pair Mileena and Baraka up, I hope Baraka is the more dominant/lead in the relationship. Kinda like Liu and Kitana

I'd be okay with this.
The 11th commandment: https://i.imgtc.com/6rDV9dV.jpg

Revelver
4 weeks ago#9
Unknown78 posted...
I'm guessing in the story Earthrealm wants Baraka and his army's help for either fighting Kronika or Outworld. Keep in mind this may be a Baraka from a different timeline so he might be more inclined to go against Outworld in this new timeline. All this was inferred from two of his intros.

His interaction with Raiden : 2:18
--Raiden asks him to side with Earthrealm.

His interaction with Sonya: 2:48
--Very vague and it would be reaching, but there some sort of negotiation that he's refusing to do. But Kitana apparently told Sonya that he would.
Edit: In another intro, Sonya wants to earn his respect... Looking like Baraka might be RELEVANT for once!

The time travel arc brings up so many questions... How is Kitana now amiable enough with Sonya to give her any kind of information? Sonya represents Earthrealm, that is protected by Raiden, who Kitana heavily resents in the main timeline...

I would think Baraka knows of Mileena regardless of what timeline they created to justify his revival, or that he'll find out eventually thanks to Kronika. But he's never been so opportunistic before, usually he's super loyal, so it's an interesting quirk for him.

User Info: ChrisObama

ChrisObama
4 weeks ago#10
Mileena is the biggest thot in the MK Universe. She slept with Tanya, Baraka, Reiko and somebody else I can't think of
PSN: ChrisLovesThots
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Baraka and Mileena
  • Topic Archived