• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. What do the haters even mean when they say "the controls are stiff"?

User Info: Mechani11Kong

Mechani11Kong
4 weeks ago#1
Honestly, I see this complaint several times a week that they "just can't get into MKX because of the damned stiff controls." What do they actually mean when they complain about this? I seriously don't know.

User Info: caboose84

caboose84
4 weeks ago#2
Why do you call everyone who has a different opinion than you a “hater” and why do you keep making topics over it?
PSN/GT/Steam: PounceBounce84
The official unofficial Flash of the Injustice 2 boards.

User Info: DeusMortem

DeusMortem
4 weeks ago#3
MK has a weird timing thing for cancels where you have to input them before the active frames of last the normal has started. At least that was the case back in MK9. Maybe that's what they're talking about? It does feel really awkward and makes hit confirms a lot harder and less natural.
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...

User Info: Squirt007nc

Squirt007nc
4 weeks ago#4
It's a dial a combo thing which means you are supposed to input the moves insanely fast before they even hit. And the animations combined with the combo system just make it a cluster f***. It's very reformed and restricted. Not fluid.

User Info: Lyrica

Lyrica
4 weeks ago#5
DeusMortem posted...
MK has a weird timing thing for cancels where you have to input them before the active frames of last the normal has started. At least that was the case back in MK9. Maybe that's what they're talking about? It does feel really awkward and makes hit confirms a lot harder and less natural.

It's the same way in MKX. You input your button commands ahead of the moves. It's weird when you come from a game like SF where you have to visually see the moves come out.
The 11th commandment: https://i.imgtc.com/6rDV9dV.jpg

User Info: Chr7s777

Chr7s777
4 weeks ago#6
Doesn't make us all haters. Its a criticism. I want the controls to be better, because i like mortal kombat, or i wouldnt be here
Overreactfaqs

User Info: metalx88

metalx88
4 weeks ago#7
Some things are really hard or impossible to hit confirm into. That said, the way the game plays makes it to where hit confirmable strings are really strong as you can decide how/if you want to cancel them.
PSN-FatherOfWolves...your one and true edgelord.

Mechani11Kong
4 weeks ago#8
Squirt007nc posted...
It's a dial a combo thing which means you are supposed to input the moves insanely fast before they even hit. And the animations combined with the combo system just make it a cluster f***. It's very reformed and restricted. Not fluid.

Feels fluid to me. The combos just come naturally by the time Injustice 2 came out. I still don't understand how it makes it stiff.

It almost seems like it's just something Capcom players throw around.

caboose84 posted...
Why do you call everyone who has a different opinion than you a “hater” and why do you keep making topics over it?

I think I've said "hater" maybe once.

User Info: Crimson_Alias

Crimson_Alias
4 weeks ago#9
DeusMortem posted...

At least the controls in both MK9 and MKX aren't the broken mess they are in Injustice 2. I'd take MK9/MKX controls over Injustice 2 controls any day.
Posting informative videos is considered "trolling" now?

Mechani11Kong
4 weeks ago#10
Chr7s777 posted...
Doesn't make us all haters. Its a criticism. I want the controls to be better, because i like mortal kombat, or i wouldnt be here

but it doesn't make sense to me, is what I'm saying. It seems like a very vague and open-ended criticism that naysayers can throw around to diss MK
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. What do the haters even mean when they say "the controls are stiff"?
  • Topic Archived